Post your Mk3 Octavia photos!

12 minutes ago, Dubbsley said:

Rieger diffuser is great, just get shorter plates & stick them on. IMO square plates doesn’t suit the car. 

Last month, I'd agree but I've succumbed to their glory :D

3 hours ago, StuFan said:

Do you have a non stock exhaust creamVRS?

I love the look of your VRS ❤️

Thanks! Very happy with how it's looking :)

Yes kinda - Rear boxes changed for small stainless ones and the mid resonated is removed and just piped.

Produces a very throaty, deep burbly sound - 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, creamvRS said:

Thanks! Very happy with how it's looking :)

Yes kinda - Rear boxes changed for small stainless ones and the mid resonated is removed and just piped.

Produces a very throaty, deep burbly sound - 

Sounds perfect! Did you get a custom exhaust place to sort this for you, and at roughly what cost if you don't mind me asking. 

Hows the drone at Motorway speeds? 

I ask because I would love to do something like this, but worry with my mostly motorway driving that I would get real sick of it fast. 

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, StuFan said:

Sounds perfect! Did you get a custom exhaust place to sort this for you, and at roughly what cost if you don't mind me asking. 

Hows the drone at Motorway speeds? 

I ask because I would love to do something like this, but worry with my mostly motorway driving that I would get real sick of it fast. 

Yeah, Powerflow dealer did it for me, cost £300 (in hindsight, probably a bit pricey for what was done)

It's not a bad drone...there is one but it's not bad - Best is leaving it in 2nd going downhill..it drones LOUD :D

• Like 1

The most ‘unlikely-to-be-repeated’ photo you’ll ever see of my 220!! 

Normally drive quite quickly. Must have let my guard down for a few minutes! ;-) 

A04A4A7A-0EAD-4600-B7B1-27711ED45B00.jpeg

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, dunc69 said:

The most ‘unlikely-to-be-repeated’ photo you’ll ever see of my 220!! 

Normally drive quite quickly. Must have let my guard down for a few minutes! ;-) 

A04A4A7A-0EAD-4600-B7B1-27711ED45B00.jpeg

How the hell did you manage that? I can’t even get mine to 40mpg 

1 minute ago, Madmax889 said:

How the hell did you manage that? I can’t even get mine to 40mpg 

Ha, not really sure.

Was in normal mode, heading in to Bristol - had just left work and had a few things on my mind. Driving in traffic, quite slowly obviously. Then looked down and saw this. Couldn’t believe it, so took a pic. 

Normally I have maxidot on MPH, but had changed earlier in the day to average mpg.

To be fair, I didn’t buy the car with economy in mind, so it’s good to know it can be driven economically if required. 

Back to reality though, my long-term average (last 2000 miles) is 32mpg. 

3 minutes ago, dunc69 said:

Ha, not really sure.

Was in normal mode, heading in to Bristol - had just left work and had a few things on my mind. Driving in traffic, quite slowly obviously. Then looked down and saw this. Couldn’t believe it, so took a pic. 

Normally I have maxidot on MPH, but had changed earlier in the day to average mpg.

To be fair, I didn’t buy the car with economy in mind, so it’s good to know it can be driven economically if required. 

Back to reality though, my long-term average (last 2000 miles) is 32mpg. 

Hahahaha mines around 30/34 average so about the same. I thought I turned into a lunatic driving around lol 

15 minutes ago, Madmax889 said:

Hahahaha mines around 30/34 average so about the same. I thought I turned into a lunatic driving around lol 

Sounds about right buddy.  These are not economy machines but, my god, they are fun! Great chilled out family car, but a decently rapid machine if the mood is right (and the kids are at home!)

I've had mine since May, done about 10k miles and love it.  I had a DSG Mk2 petrol vRS from new ('10 plate) for seven years and loved that too, but this one is even better in every way.  It's like my old car turned up to 11, if you know what I mean?

29 minutes ago, dunc69 said:

Sounds about right buddy.  These are not economy machines but, my god, they are fun! Great chilled out family car, but a decently rapid machine if the mood is right (and the kids are at home!)

I've had mine since May, done about 10k miles and love it.  I had a DSG Mk2 petrol vRS from new ('10 plate) for seven years and loved that too, but this one is even better in every way.  It's like my old car turned up to 11, if you know what I mean?

I’ve gone from a Passat to a 58 plate gt sport to the mk6 GTD to the MK7 GTD (the mk7 I miss) was looking at the MK7 GTi but the prices they wanted were stupid that’s with my discount. Then looked at this and just because of the badge I got a cracking deal. This car is way more comfortable than the GTD. I wasn’t fussed about going from a GTD that does 54mpg to the VRS as I live in London especially with the new legislations they want to introduce. Plus I needed a bigger boot than the Golf as got a sprog on the way lol 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JohnnyType2 said:

i know ;)

what was the postage on your diffuser as im assuming to bought it direct?

Hi mate I bought it from a dealer here in the uk and they shipped direct to my work. 

Theres a thread on here somewhere with it. If you give me an hour I’ll be home by then and I can give you the guys number. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyType2 said:

i know ;)

what was the postage on your diffuser as im assuming to bought it direct?

Hi mate I got it from a company called On-Line Auto Sport Shop (they do have an ebay shop) but I called him directly on 01543252010 ask for Ian. He’s really helpful. 

Just now, Madmax889 said:

Hi mate I got it from a company called On-Line Auto Sport Shop (they do have an ebay shop) but I called him directly on 01543252010 ask for Ian. He’s really helpful. 

yes i saw them but they were a fair bit more expensive than buying direct. probably cheaper on the mainland

18 minutes ago, JohnnyType2 said:

yes i saw them but they were a fair bit more expensive than buying direct. probably cheaper on the mainland

I preferred this way as he knew what I wanted as I explained I didn’t want it painted. He knew exactly what I wanted. When I emailed Rieger directly nobody really replied in decent English. So couldn’t find out what I wanted. If I remember rightly mine was only about £238 I think. Wasn’t a huge amount.