Post your Mk3 Octavia photos!

i had a very near miss last week in the snow. came round a corner and a farmer was parked in the middle of the road, door open out on the the road and dog standing behind it. I touched the brake and the car started to drift sideways, i had similar visions flash through my mind of a couple of new doors and bumper at least. i managed to pull out of the slide, squeeze the car onto the ditch between him and the hedge and slide on past. kids in the back screaming in the back didnt help. At 5mph there was no stopping. How thick do you need to be to park in the packed snow on a blind corner of a narrow road, half way up a steep hill then open your door and block the whole road? 

i felt a bit like this....(the legendary Bertie Fisher)

Edited by JohnnyType2
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, vade said:

Probably not the sort of photo you want to see. Side swiped by a taxi while parked. Two new doors required!!

car damage.jpeg

Feel for you...

I hate public carparks, and drivers that leave no details even more :angry:

IMG_3385.JPG

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, JohnnyType2 said:

i had a very near miss last week in the snow. came round a corner and a farmer was parked in the middle of the road, door open out on the the road and dog standing behind it. I touched the brake and the car started to drift sideways, i had similar visions flash through my mind of a couple of new doors and bumper at least. i managed to pull out of the slide, squeeze the car onto the ditch between him and the hedge and slide on past. kids in the back screaming in the back didnt help. At 5mph there was no stopping. How thick do you need to be to park in the packed snow on a blind corner of a narrow road, half way up a steep hill then open your door and block the whole road? 

i felt a bit like this....(the legendary Bertie Fisher)

@JohnnyType2 you need snow tyres you see :tongueout: :biggrin:

Once used, you'll never go back...

1 hour ago, jobsworth said:

Feel for you...

IMG_3385.JPG

I wonder if this lovely parked Jaguar is also going to leave me a "souvenir" today:

hoApakO.jpg

10 hours ago, jobsworth said:

Feel for you...

IMG_3385.JPG

Scum. Utter scum.

Good luck getting it sorted both of you!

10 hours ago, Jaco2k said:

I wonder if this lovely parked Jaguar is also going to leave me a "souvenir" today:

hoApakO.jpg

And then people say you should not stereotype...

The picture up is from the Jaguar SUV that was there in the morning when I parked.

When I came back in the evening, there was another SUV in the same spot, parked like this :) :)

blPAnwN.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Saints92 said:

Cheers! 

Needs lowered, with anthracite alloys, I reckon. 

GetImage.jpeg.7761a90503c890491c5a3567a5e043bb.jpeg

I think the silver alloys look fantastic! A bit different. 

13 minutes ago, dunc69 said:

I think the silver alloys look fantastic! A bit different. 

I'll keep them for a while and see if it grows on me, having the silver on a dark car maybe makes it work, can't decide yet. 

Not even bought the car yet and deciding how to modify it, only way I managed to persuade her to let me spend money buying it was if I "didn't spend a fortune on pointless things, like your last car" 

12 minutes ago, Saints92 said:

I'll keep them for a while and see if it grows on me, having the silver on a dark car maybe makes it work, can't decide yet. 

Not even bought the car yet and deciding how to modify it, only way I managed to persuade her to let me spend money buying it was if I "didn't spend a fortune on pointless things, like your last car" 

Ha ha. Well good luck today. You can’t beat a new car day! 

Top work!! Which model, any extras? 

Mileage, age etc?

Looking forward to the pics. The red ones look fantastic - just a little different.  

52 minutes ago, dunc69 said:

Top work!! Which model, any extras? 

Mileage, age etc?

Looking forward to the pics. The red ones look fantastic - just a little different.  

2.0tsi Vrs, 63 plate with 60k miles. Not got anything beyond the usual Vrs spec apart from the black pack, although its very throaty and the salesman reckoned it has an induction kit. 

Just now, Saints92 said:

2.0tsi Vrs, 63 plate with 60k miles. Not got anything beyond the usual Vrs spec apart from the black pack, although its very throaty and the salesman reckoned it has an induction kit. 

Nice, very nice.

Mine is a 220 too, ‘14 plate, so very similar in age and power. 

I have the estate in white with DSG & Black Pack. Love it.

When do you pick it up? I bet you simply can’t wait! 

5 minutes ago, dunc69 said:

Nice, very nice.

Mine is a 220 too, ‘14 plate, so very similar in age and power. 

I have the estate in white with DSG & Black Pack. Love it.

When do you pick it up? I bet you simply can’t wait!

Pick up next Saturday, and yeah, can't wait now, didn't want to hammer it too much in the test drive so can't wait to hit the open road alone. 

1 hour ago, Saints92 said:

Pick up next Saturday, and yeah, can't wait now, didn't want to hammer it too much in the test drive so can't wait to hit the open road alone. 

Enjoy it!