Post your Mk3 Octavia photos!

1 hour ago, SC03OTT said:

No decontamination (tar remover, Iron-X) prior to clay bar..?

Not needed. 

A decent clay bar and lubricant removes everything that should be removed. 

My clay bar glides over the panels with ease and takes everything with it. 

Its like a sh!t magnet. 

Very therapeutic. :)

Edited by EddGee

5 minutes ago, EddGee said:

Not needed. 

A decent clay bar and lubricant removes everything that should be removed. 

My clay bar glides over the panels with ease and takes everything with it. 

Its like a sh!t magnet. 

Very therapeutic. :)

We’ll have to agree to disagree. Removing as much as possible prior to using clay is preferable to me. I don’t want to be dragging all that across the paint as I move the clay around. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:

We’ll have to agree to disagree. Removing as much as possible prior to using clay is preferable to me. I don’t want to be dragging all that across the paint as I move the clay around. 

Ok buddy. Each to their own. Fair enough. :cool:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SC03OTT said:

If it does create micro scratch's is it really a problem when we are gonna compound and polish afterwards to correct that paint.

The fact is that marring is pretty common using any type of clay or clay mitt/cloth and in my experience claying is not something that should be done lightly.

To minimise marring you need to make sure you have plenty of lubrication and in addition to this I would always advise a chemical decontamination prior to any claying regardless if you are doing and machining afterwards. :thumbup:

31 minutes ago, EddGee said:

And to think some people just visit their local asylum seeker hand car wash and consider the £5 ‘jumbo package’ everything the car needs. 

Mental...

Very true indeed but I will say that its very nice to get out in the sun for a few hours, a bit of music or a podcast in your ears and give the car a good going over.

Its the only peace and quiet I seem to get :D

8 hours ago, EddGee said:

And to think some people just visit their local asylum seeker hand car wash and consider the £5 ‘jumbo package’ everything the car needs. 

Mental...

My local Skoda dealer offers s a free car wash every Saturday morning while you have a cuppa tea or coffee and some nibbles... go most weeks as I can’t be arsed to spend hours washing and waxing but am loving the pics from those who do :biggrin:

2 minutes ago, ahenners said:

How did this go from post your photos to become a detailing thread :tongueout:

@Reddazforever you're brave... The only time I let a dealer wash my car, it ended up with some very noticeable scratches on the roof. Never again.... :crying:

If I didn’t let them do it it’d never be done - i’m A lazy arse!  Plus I like the social aspect each week and walking round the showroom.  They do over 200 cars every Saturday morning 

On 06/04/2018 at 23:53, EddGee said:

Mental...

last time i did that they took the paint off the headlight jet covers, i was livid, some idiots dont realise not to put the jet 1 inch from the paint to try to remove tar....