Front Shock help

dino77

My car failed its MOT on front shocks so I brought some from GSF none having a drop link bracket on the back of the shocks. GSF phoned the dealers who where saying they where the right ones. Can anyone help or advise me where I can get some from?

My car is a 52 plate vrs.

The vRS has different lower front suspension units to other Octys, due to having different ARB pickups.

From what you say you've been sold complete struts for a non-vRS rather than damper inserts for a vRS.

The have gone through all the shocks they had with me and none where the correct ones. Can you advise me anywhere I could get aftermarket ones from or do I just have to get ones from the dealer?

Vw/Audi are doing a economy range on suspension now. The bloke at my local TPS told me it was to compete with motor factor prices. No issues with quality apparently just the same as the usual ones. They came in a lot cheaper. I'll see if I can find my receipts and update. Try your local TPS and ask about it.

Ah first receipt I came to. The part no I've got is JZW413031N. These definitely fit a vrs they have the bracket on for the arb link. For two fronts including vat they came in at £84.91. Very reasonable for genuine parts IMO. Keep us updated how you get on buddy.

• Like 1

Thankyou for that. Ive just phoned up and ordered them from there for £83 for the pair. I was quoted £105 each from the dealer so thats very reasonable. You've really helped me out!

Ah first receipt I came to. The part no I've got is JZW413031N. These definitely fit a vrs they have the bracket on for the arb link. For two fronts including vat they came in at £84.91. Very reasonable for genuine parts IMO. Keep us updated how you get on buddy.

My genuine standard shocks (1J0413031CM) were £64.63 each + vat from TPS. Even standard ride pretty naff, though. Not sure I'd want to go cheaper, myself...