I've been waiting for what seems like an age. First official indication looks quite... sexy. It might just be the French!

Fingers crossed for the same diesel lump as the VRS. If so, I'm in.

http://www.lepoint.fr/auto-addict/concept-car/octavia-scout-la-allroad-de-skoda-02-12-2013-1764109_650.php

Google translate below:

I hope it isn't the old 170 lump, and preferably earlier than 4Q.

"All attributes of the adventurer All you attribute adventurer

Aesthetically, the future Scout look like its predecessor all the external attributes of fighter . Aesthetically, let future Scout presents Said predecessor as all external attribute you adventurer . Moreover clearance increased by 20 mm to face the hollow ground paths , it will have fender flares and rocker black plastic , but also imposing specific shields incorporating lower protections brushed metal . Besides the increased clearance 20 mm for hollow affront paths ground, it will have fender flares and rocker black plastic one , but also imposing Shield Specific integrants December protections Bottom one metal Bross .

On the technical side , the Scout can count on a transmission 4 wheel part time using the same coupling system of the rear axle as the Golf 7 . On the technical side , let Scout Pourret rely on a transmission to part-time 4 tires using the same coupling system of the rear axle as the Golf 7 As soon as the need arises , a multi-plate clutch operated by a pump electric can drive the rear wheels , for example when the front wheels slip or the car understeer . Whenever the need arises , a multi-plate clutch operated Few electric pump allows spirited rear tires , for example when the front tires slip or the car under -wire . Like the previous generation , the future Octavia Scout is powered by a 4-cylinder 2.0 TDI , this time 170 hp version . As the previous generation Octavia Scout will let future animated Few 4-cylinder 2.0 TDI , this time one 170 hp version . Marketing in France is planned for Q4 2014. Said one commercialization France Prevue is for the 4th quarter 2014."

Edited by London Les

4th Quarter 2014!! Why the long delay? Especially with the VRs being launched within months of the 'regular' models?

Though I guess there's not much point releasing another variation if you can't build the existing one's fast enough!

Niall

• 1 month later...

The Scout will be at the Geneva Motorshow in March, build from week 12. Don't know when it's on sale in the UK though.

180BHP 1.8TSI and 185BHP 2.0 TDI.

Wait, what? Scout with the vRS TDI lump!?!

Ronnie, is that certain? So im guessing at that point SUK will make the 1.8TSi available in other Octavias...  possibly.

The TDI yes, 1.8TSI I am pretty sure will be the petrol engine of choice. But don't expect anything of SUK :giggle:

• Like 1

But will it be an option in the UK? :)

The Passat Alltrack only goes to 177, so I am doubtful Skoda will be allowed to sell a more powerful one.

But the current Passat 177 is now end of life so it probably wont be in the UK market place at the same time. Possibly!

The 2.0 tdi 184 bhp engine will be an option in the scout ( i've been told by people who should know )

Hey, I'm more than happy to be wrong on this one. That'd be an awesome combination.

Well, that's one thing that could point to the fact that we could doubt the VRS TDI engine. Wouldn't it be odd to have the VRS brakes for just one engine option out of the many for the Scout? So you could have 16" wheels on the 1.8TSI but not the 2.0TDI 184... And it would be just as odd to have the engine but the smaller brakes from the rest of the range.

And wording for the above Autocar article this morning:

"

The new Skoda Octavia Scout will make its world debut at the Geneva motor show early next month.

Skoda says the new model is designed to be a "robust all-rounder" and features more aggressive SUV-inspired styling than the regular Octavia estate on which it is based. 

Larger front and rear bumpers with silver-coloured guards give the Octavia Scout a muscular look, while the front also gets a wider air intake and new fog light designs. Protective side mouldings are marked out in black along the sides, as are the door sills and extended wheel arches.

The Octavia Scout's ride height is raised by 33mm over the standard car, and sits on 17-inch alloy wheels. Skoda has fitted the Octavia Scout with a fifth-generation Haldex all-wheel drive system, which the Czech manufacturer says helps to improve the climbing power of the Octavia Scout over the old model.

Inside, a new three-spoke steering wheel developed specifically for the Scout controls most functions. A central infotainment display can also be seen alongside a part-leather interior.

Skoda says a range of two diesel and one petrol engine will accompany the Octavia Scout at launch. Those engines are likely to be chosen from the existing Octavia range, and help to make the new Scout up to 20 per cent more economical than its predecessor.

The Octavia Scout will go on sale in the UK this summer."