Not so keen on painted bumpers either. The old one was good in that respect with the dark coloured plastic only. Much more durable for off road stuff like metalled roads, ice grit and stone chips and when taking things in and out of the boot.

Edited by snala

Not sure what the issues with the side rubbing strips are all about, it's not as if the current Scout doesn't have them...

Skoda-Octavia_Scout_mp49_pic_96975.jpg

Personally when you are doing this then I welcome all the protection there is...

skoda_octavia_scout_01.jpg

Skoda-Octavia-Scout-4x4-1-600.jpg

Edited by silver1011

Love the black roof rails and window trims.  Its only the very angular faux aluminium mouldings that look odd to me, although I'm sure I would eventually get used to them.

Thanks for the extra pictures Rapid Ronnie. Will certainly be interested to see the new Scout in the flesh. I guess it's already available somewhere?

Sarge.

I have to agree with The Plumber on this,I like the standard new style 4x4 without the add on black trims.

And the sticking out silver parts don't add anything to it.

When Audi did the last A4 Allroad they had as standard black wheel arch trims but you could pay extra to have them painted the same as the body ,I think this new scout would look nicer with the black trim painted.

Also I can not see how it will cost from £23,000 as I have on order the SE TDI 150 4x4 and that is not far off that before discount ,I would think the scout with the 185ps Tdi engine will be some where around £25-27k before some discount

Also I wonder if you could just buy some scout springs and dampers and lift a standard 150 Tdi 4x4 up by 35mm with min cost.

As I understand it standard car is 140mm clearance. RRP adds 15mm (155mm clearance), Scout sits at 173mm (140+33) or 18mm over a RRP car. From memory the 'gaps' between Mk2, 4x4 and Scout were similar.

I like the look of this new one, and a small part of me wishes the Old Scout had lasted that little bit longer so I wouldn't  have jumped quite so early. The larger part of me is absolutely loving enjoying Mk3 goodness now and the aplomb with which you can throw the 4x4 down a B-road. The TDi 150 is an absolute peach! No doubt when the price is released I'll love my 4x4 even more!!

Niall

• Like 1

Im not a big advocate of Vauxhalls (even though my brother runs a dealership and we have one ourselves) but the facelift insignia is a good looking car and the country tourer I think looks better than this new Scout.

I reckon you'd get a better deal on an Insignia as Vauxhall will probably be giving them away before too long

Maybe, but in a comparison the Octavia wins in almost every way. It offers more space inside, but is lighter and more economical. Skoda engineering seems to be about a generation ahead of Vauxhall.

• 2 weeks later...

That'll be because it sends the drive to the right place then. :)

Even so would be heavier with the extra wheels driven so that seems generous...? With the full spec fit out and the AWD this is going to have to be the most expensive Octavia surely too?

Even so would be heavier with the extra wheels driven so that seems generous...? With the full spec fit out and the AWD this is going to have to be the most expensive Octavia surely too?

I've driven the mk3 Octy diesel VRS and from a standstill it simply overpowers the front tyres.  In the dry.

You sit there for what feels like ages while it trys to get all that power through two small patches of rubber that get light as the large car tries to pull away, weight shifting to the back.

I for one am not surprised that the Scout will be quicker to 60mph.

In the UK, with the weather we have, I'd have the Scout over the VRS any day.

• Like 2

Well, I've just seen the Geneva photos of the Scout!  It's been a long wait and it'll be an even longer one as it'll take a facelift to make me like it as much as the Scout II I think I'll regret having sold.

I'd like to be positive and say that the seats look lovely, but the rest is lesson in overstyling for the sake of it.  I had thought I'd change my old allroad for the new Scout, but not if it looks like that.  Whilst I'm sure that it'll be better than the old one in most respects, the aesthetics are a bitter pill to swallow.

I'll reserve judgement until I see the price list and brochure to see if the chrome and (brown!!!?) dashboard trim can be toned down.  At least the wheels are easily changed.

I especially wish I could be more positive for those who have also waited so long for a worthy successor - I just feel like I'm back to Square 1.  Oh well - at least a Rapid Spaceback Scout/Outdoor will be cheaper!

yes i'm in for one of these i think..looks even better than i was expecting.

Does the Ocatavia Scout model typically depreciate worse than the same spec/engine 4x4 Yeti?