Which is a bit odd... because the Elegance 4x4 is quoted to be 0.1 seconds slower than the equivalent 2WD with the same engine/transmission options.

In the case of the regular car any traction advantages would be outweighed by the increased weight from the 4wd hardware and switch to multilink rear...its about 120kg heavier than the regular 2wd version.

I doubt there is much weight difference between the vRS and Scout in weight.

Would have liked to see a petrol as I don't fancy faffing about with AdBlue, and also a more organic rear - more P Middy than J Lo with lumps.

If these engines use a DPF additive its news to me. The only Skoda I can think of that had that system is one engine in the Superb MK I. But yes, shame theres no petrol engine. Same as the Passat Alltrack. In other countries you can get it with 210HP 2.0, so diesel only must be a VAG UK thing.

What problems have you had with your current scout?  In 2 years I've had one stuck heater flap and one intermittent reverse sensor.

Like you I plan to run my current one for a long time yet.  But if anything does happen to it (stolen, backed over by a dump truck etc) I'd run straight out to get a new one.

See this link (if it works!!) for details.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/306896-expectations-of-a-reasonable-person/

Fin

Worth seeing in the flesh - I thought the Yeti facelift workover looked hideous in photos but isn't too bad in reality. That rear bumper looks pretty crude to me, however. Shame because a lot is spot on.

Edited by London Les

Yeah, the rear bumper does look like an afterthought! 

Looks like it's had a great write up from Top Gear, Autocar, & Auto Express. Just a shame we can't see it on the configurator yet to spec one up! 

Octavia_Scout_Specifications_June_2014.pdfThe New Zealand spec and pricing has been released.  See attached PDF.  We're only being offered the 135kW diesel with DSG box.  Spec looks pretty high and at NZ48K (£24,700) list price, it's reasonably priced as well.  First cars land here in December.

Still not tempting me out of my fully loaded Mk2 FL Scout though.  Higher ground clearance than the new model, utterly reliable for almost 4 years, and at 32,000kms, it's barely run in :D .

• Like 1

attachicon.gifOctavia_Scout_Specifications_June_2014.pdfThe New Zealand spec and pricing has been released.  See attached PDF.... .

Thanks for posting that Simon. Surely the Aussie spec Scout will be identical.

Interesting to learn there are 3 different 17" alloys and the one in most of the promo pics is optional.

Thanks for posting that Simon. Surely the Aussie spec Scout will be identical.

Interesting to learn there are 3 different 17" alloys and the one in most of the promo pics is optional.

From what i seen on the European site, it is identical.. I really like the Anthracite wheels personally.. either white or silver i'm ordering as soon as it's up on the Skoda Configurator.. 

attachicon.gifOctavia_Scout_Specifications_June_2014.pdfThe New Zealand spec and pricing has been released.  See attached PDF.  We're only being offered the 135kW diesel with DSG box.  Spec looks pretty high and at NZ48K (£24,700) list price, it's reasonably priced as well.  First cars land here in December.

Still not tempting me out of my fully loaded Mk2 FL Scout though.  Higher ground clearance than the new model, utterly reliable for almost 4 years, and at 32,000kms, it's barely run in :D .

Mutter mutter, dsg only, mutter mutter.

Looks like my next car will be imported from the UK/Ireland.  No immediate plans though.

wish they would hurry up and put the configurator on then I can order one .......

Still carnt decide on colour though.........red or a change or metallic grey ,,,,,,,

deff a manual  / winterpack /  xenons .....that's about it

You'll be out of luck if you want a Manual, two engine options, both DSG

Colour is tricky with that brown interior...

You'll be out of luck if you want a Manual, two engine options, both DSG

Colour is tricky with that brown interior...

the 150 bhp one is manual and you can have brown or black as an option on the interior

the pdf above is new Zealand spec......

Edited by greatdane
  • Like 1

Makes it the most expensive Octavia in NZ once you add all the stuff the VRS comes standard with that the Scout doesn't come with, price for AWD I guess.

I like my Xenons and heated seats now.

Edited by snala

So it does, nice one.

Add the Power Boot and the Panoramic Sunroof and I'm a happy bunny. :)

Still not 100% sure on body colour.

Shame. I'm out - unless there's a misbuild or a massive discount that makes me overlook the silver bits.  Let's see how the Leon X compares...

I was thinking elegance 4x4 with a few extras this comes with folding mirrors.......

But always fancied a scout so now is the time ,,,,,,,

metallic grey , 150 manual / winter pack ./ anthracite wheels / xenons black interior...and tow bar prep