Pontypridd

Mid Glamorgan

CF37 5YE

01443 824380

Services: Repair Only

Edited by DGW
Details updated

Originally posted by papapow - Thu Apr 22, 2004

Booked my Octavia 4x4 in for its 40k service 6 weeks in advance, they diudn't have all the parts in to complete the service. Took the car back a few weeks later to complete the service and they failed to put the bonnet down properly, wife and child drove car home unawares - not happy! and to top it all off, they chagred me for 5 liters of oil on both visits (one of which they have now refunded)

Originally posted by Absurd - Tue 26 Oct, 2004

Pros: sales staff attitude, good courtesy car

Cons: car registered to wrong address, car delivered damaged, repair estimates too short, quality of repairs poor, additional damage to vehicle whilst in custody of garage.

Where do i begin?

I ordered a new Octavia vRS from this dealer 2 weeks ago. Put down my deposit etc etc.

Upon arrival of the car, i noticed a scratch to the right of the number plate, and 2 "holes" on the lower left of the front bumper. I notified a staff member, who said it would be sorted before delivery (3 days later).

Delivery day comes, I was told that the damage had been sorted out. This was not the case. The workshop had attempted to use paint to cover up the 2 holes, and not even attempted to fix the other scratch. I then insisted on written confirmation that the faults would be fixed, and I would receive a courtesy car. Provided. It was indicated that repairs would take approximately a day. I was happy with this.

Balance paid, appointment made.

I was then told that they had accidentally registered the car under my name, to my mothers address, and with her date of birth. Good one! I'd have to send off the V5 to correct this when I received it.

I returned the car to the garage for repairs. A staff member from the workshop told me that it would most likely take 2 days as a new bumper would be required. (fair enough). Went around the car looking for extra scratches, none found.

After 4 days, the car was finally ready to pick up, however, there was now damage to the paintwork on the passenger door. This was not found by any inspection prior to me collecting it, even though it was visible from a mile off. This took another day to repair. And after checking the car over in poor light and ****ing down rain, i was happy to drive it away.

Today, after a proper inspection, the repairs to the front bumper are of very bad quality (filled and painted, so much for new bumper), and can be clearly seen. Also, there is oil staining on the drivers door upholstry.

The manager was very apologetic on the phone, and will now personally inspect my car before I collect it.

If anyones interested in how this turns out, let me know and ill post a follow up.

• 1 year later...

Bought my Fabia VRS from Griffin Mill Garage because when looking to buy I was given a VRS to try as long as I wanted,with no rep. I could test drive in my home enviroment, excellent.

After purchase I felt my VRS pulled, unacceptably to the left. The garage arranged through Skoda to have a 4 wheel drive allinement done, at no cost, and it has improved, not fully but definately to an acceptable level.

A very happy Fabia VRS driver.

Can only praise Griffin Mill Garages.

• 2 weeks later...

Wanted conformation that right hand door mirror control also moves left mirror. Didn't want them to inspect the car, just simple written conformation of what is the normal operation of electric mirrors. At first not one but three members of staff informed me that no that's not how they work. The right control is for the right mirror and the left for the left mirror. Ok I said so can I have that in writing please. No came the answer, not unless I was prepared to book my car in (£60). So baffled I asked to speak to a manager. Again same reply, then he dissappeared out the back room (where the service bays are) and when he returned said yes your right that's how the mirrors are meant to work. Now I wanted written conformation to take back to Nationwide Accident Repair Center, Griffin Mill wouldn't give me this and nor would they phone them on my behalf.

I left a little shocked and still unclear as to the correct operation of the mirrors, as the so called professionals didn't seem to know themselves. I got the impression that they just wanted to get rid of me. Needless to say I won't be taking my business there. I'll stick to Hutchings (originally of Tonypandy now relocated to old Rizla factory down the road from Griffin Mill), the service there is a world apart from Griffin Mill. Kind Curtious and nothing is too much trouble. And no I don't work there or have a family member there either.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Bought my Fabia VRS SE from Griffin on Wednesday 9th May.

Pro: good trade in price, very polite and friendly service, vehicle's controls / setup fully explained to me.

Cons: car not ready on time, making me very late for work!!

Looking forward to using forum for first service etc. but would recommend Griffin.:)

• 2 months later...

Griffin Mill Garages Ltd - Pontypridd very poor service worst that i have never Known

Recommendations: NO I DON'T THINK SO...

Staff Very Bad Attitude everything is effort including Anthony Griffin

I would Class this company's Attitude worst than second hand car deals.

Griffin Mill Garages Ltd - Pontypridd

What can i say Recommendations I DON'T THINK SO...

Very Bad Attitude including Anthony Griffin - The Director him self

I ordered a KIA Top of the range £18,250 pre-del with extras went over to see it before collection to find back disc's very badly rusted the rust was so bad it marked the alloys.

Told these would be changed but on collection THEY DIDN'T CHANGE THEM, I was not able to see the car before hand as it was not ready, so paper work was processed first but had i Known this i would not have given my money (cheque) hence they new the work hadn't been done, then brought my car out. It took over 6 weeks to rectify and 3 times i went over each time a 90 Mile trip till the correct parts came in.

In the mean time there was 2 marks on vehicle in which they said would cover under warranty but when vehicle went in for this repair it was there for 4 weeks and they managed to damage the roof lining while it was in. They then denied it and said there was a independent contractor that came in to remove window so they weren't sure who did it, but one thing for sure it was not there when it went in but was when it came out i could not believe it.

They would not admit it, the work man ship was so poor, the spray job had floors in it, and the car was stinking including a wet rag left on roof all marks in side white dust, door trims not fitted correctly had a meeting with manager who tried to hide the faults before Anthony Griffin joined the meeting to see the problems him self.

But the attitude of being the so called The Director Anthony Griffin was like a second hand car sales man could not believe his response and attitude including a comment "WELL ITS NOT A BMW X5 IS IT ITS A KIA XS" having saved a year for this comment was not welcome, its fact once they had their money for get it which also includes their after sales service rubbish. my car has not been back since for worries it will go in for 1 problem and come out with other problems thats how bad the workmanship is.

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Had to have my Fabia Vrs Serviced a Griffin mill for the first time having changed Jobs and this Being alot nearer to work rather than with the nice people at capitol skoda newport

All seems O K serviced quickly and efficiently. Only thing was have Phoned me 3 Times at home to check wether or not I was Happy also no Free valet as at capitol Newport Coffee of Good Quality while |I waited

• 9 months later...

Went there with my Octy vRS for a 'lumpy tickover', car under warranty, they said "there is no fault, they are all like that, you should try a Renault, they are worse". Not what i wanted to hear, i wanted it fixed, so they told me to "go get a second opinion elsewhere" !!!! What an attitude.:thumbdwn: Won't be going there for any repair/service again.( I will try Capitol Skoda,Newport, maby they will be better. )

Ive been here when I had a prob with mine when I reg on here. took them a week to still not know what was wrong with the car even tho I told them and gave them the VAG_COM printouts,

OH AND THE ******** scratched my front bumper insert(didnt know till I got home) and charged me £70 for the pleasure.

WILL NEVER GO THERE AGAIN EVER.

Edited by DGW
Inappropriate language edited.

• 1 month later...

My day off today, decided to finally get my air conditioning sorted. Been broke for about a 6 months or so. Because it made a "hisssing" noise when i turned the A/C on. Dropped the car in at 9am, didnt get it back until 4:30pm!! they didnt even call me, went to the garage myself to see why on earth it took so long!! What cheesed me off even more was that it was only a regas and it took 7 hours. I aint no mechanic but surely that shouldnt take too long!

Worsed service ever

Avoid like the plague, i repeat AVOID!!!

:mad:

• 6 months later...

ordered 2 x top mounts and 2x bearings today.

cost me just under £55 im hoping they are the right parts lol. setup isnt amazing instead of being good at 1 they are average at best at a few.

ill try not to use them again:/

andrew

• 2 months later...

Took my previous car there for a DSG service.

£200 and they didn't have the correct oil plug in stock, had to take it back two weeks and fear driving my car around on over 40,000

When tried to trade in they also only offered me £5500 instead of the £7200 book price and wouldnt budge.

AVOID

• 2 months later...

went in there not so long back to get a part for my car- hardly any parking as it was packed - a good sign? Went to the parts desk and waited for about 10 minutes while i could see the staff fiddling with the computer and decided that they obviously were not interested in my custom so went elsewhere. Not a good first impression.

• 3 years later...

Absolutely awful. Took my 2001 Fabia in some time ago to have repairs done under warranty. They kindly stripped the engine down, looked it over, decided it wasn't a warranty job, did nothing and subsequently charged me over £500 quid for the privilege.

Cowboys quite frankly. Never been back.

Never been treated so well by a car company

1. Excellent service

2. No rush attitude

3. Top end price for my part ex

4. Brilliant communication at all times throughout order, delivery, services (in person or on phone)

5. Car washed and cleaned after 1st service, oh and this was all FOC

6. Surprise extra's upon delivery (and not cheap ones, parking sensors....)

The only downside....... I can't afford another new car until next October! ! !

Hay ho, awesome Octavia VRs in my possession until then!

:-)

• Like 1

Never been treated so well by a car company

1. Excellent service

2. No rush attitude

3. Top end price for my part ex

4. Brilliant communication at all times throughout order, delivery, services (in person or on phone)

5. Car washed and cleaned after 1st service, oh and this was all FOC

6. Surprise extra's upon delivery (and not cheap ones, parking sensors....)

The only downside....... I can't afford another new car until next October! ! !

Hay ho, awesome Octavia VRs in my possession until then!

:-)

I have ordered my Octavia VRS with Griffin Mill and have been very pleased with the service to date.

Due to the late delivery we have been given a Rapid Spaceback until mine arrives.

Happy Days.

Just waiting for mine now.....

• 2 weeks later...

Must give praise when praise is due.

I went to several Skoda garages in Wales and had numerous test drives looking for my Octavia Vrs.

I went back to Griffin Mill because of the high level and quality of service I received from the salesman Lee Hanney.

I was provided with numerous lengthy test drives and after placing the order was kept up to date fully from Griffin Mill in respect of the delivery of my car.

My insurance ran out on my old car and they gave us a courtesy car until mine arrived.

Cannot fault the service I have had from Griffin Mill as all the staff I spoke to were friendly and helpful.

To date very happy and pleased with the service i received.....

• 3 months later...

Really, really hope they can help me out of the £$%" in the morning, http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/321787-ac-issue/

In area on holiday until Friday, car 2 weeks old and the blower fan just stopped today..... Panel shows everything working, fan etc but the blower is silent.... VCDS shows a fault which I cleared, blower was OK for a few miles but it is now off again, same fault code, but it will not clear now...

I did call them this afternoon to see what time the service opened, chap I spoke to was very helpful, and when I mentioned I was on holiday and the car was 2 weeks old he said "I am sure we will be able to help"

Really hope so, not looking forward to a 260 mile trip home with no AC...

Will leave feedback when I know more...

Fingers and everything crossed :( 

Well, they could not get it fixed for me at Griffin Mill, not that they could not, or did not want to help, they were fantastic and would be recommended by me for anyone in the area... 

I took the car in on Tuesday, and it appears that there is a break in the wire between the AC control panel and the fan... As I was leaving Wales early this morning it would mean that they needed to get the car done by last night... The problem with any wiring fault is it could be a simple fix or it could be very involved in finding, then it may need a part ordered, so they did not want to leave me stuck, although they were very apologetic they could not fix it straight away.. 

They went the extra mile on Monday to re-arrange other stuff to get me in on Tuesday, and if I have been there another week they would have sorted me another car to use and get it fixed... 

Recommended dealer, excellent service, nice staff..... 

• Like 1

Well, they could not get it fixed for me at Griffin Mill, not that they could not, or did not want to help, they were fantastic and would be recommended by me for anyone in the area...

I took the car in on Tuesday, and it appears that there is a break in the wire between the AC control panel and the fan... As I was leaving Wales early this morning it would mean that they needed to get the car done by last night... The problem with any wiring fault is it could be a simple fix or it could be very involved in finding, then it may need a part ordered, so they did not want to leave me stuck, although they were very apologetic they could not fix it straight away..

They went the extra mile on Monday to re-arrange other stuff to get me in on Tuesday, and if I have been there another week they would have sorted me another car to use and get it fixed...

Recommended dealer, excellent service, nice staff.....

This dealer is just down the road from me and I bought my new VRS from them and I will confirm all positive feedback as well.

They have been supportive throughout my new car purchaseubuse8um.jpg

• Like 1

I was really impressed at the service, after all I am only in the area for 2 week of the year, have been for the last 12 years, love the area, so they could have fobbed me off, but they did not, and to move stuff around to try to help was fantastic service, he was really apologetic they could not fix it there and then...

Nice dealership as well, clean, tidy and professional, the sort of service I get from D.M.Keith in York, my local dealer..

• Like 1