RRG Skoda Bolton

TeflonTom

RRG Skoda

81 Bury New Road
Bolton
BL2 2BN

Contact; 01204 684 751

About

The RRG Skoda Bolton Service Centre which shares the site of the RRG Toyota dealership on Bury New Road opened in Sepember 2013. As an Approved Skoda Service centre staffed by Skoda trained technicians the centre provides an outstanding level of aftersales care to drivers in Bolton.

Whether you need a major service, minor service, parts, a warranty repair or an MOT, you can rest assured that the job will be carried out by a factory trained technician who cares about the detail. And when it comes to that all important detail called the price, there’s no nasty surprises.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just looked them up on the web as I'm going there tomorrow - going off the picture, they've got the service manager and chief Tech from the old Parkside garage, which can only be a recommendation !

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi,

My wife Bron and I popped over the border this afternoon to introduce ourselves to RRG and were made most welcome; not needing any work carried out at the moment we discussed future servicing of our Yeti with lovely Carla who listened to us answering all our questions; top marks Carla RRG has now got two new customers.

My initial contact this morning with RRG was by email and I was truly amazed by the speed of the reply from Chris Belch; Sales Executive;  nice one Chris; most impressive.

I must agree that it was a revelation not only to be welcomed so warmly but we could actually park our Yeti without needing a shoe horn; the site was spacious and very clean; top marks so far RRG and as Arnie would say we'll be back.

Kind regards, Col.

• 6 months later...

Had my 2009 Superb 2.0tdi 170 dsg Elegance in for quite a bit of work, on weds till friday.

I can definately reccomend them, a minor service, dsg oil and filter change, cambelt and water pump along with MOT.

New Fabia as a courtesy car, all the work done including a few tweaks for the MOT they didnt bill me for, for the price agreed.

I will be returning to their new place opposite Gordons Ford in Bolton when it opens for next years service and MOT.

If you are planning a service, they arent the cheapest but very thorough!

The tech knows the cars inside and out too!

Made a pleasant change!

• 9 months later...

Called yesterday for a rear wiper blade.  Had them in stock and cheaper than the price quoted by another North West Skoda dealer.  Good friendly service which is all I want.  Their purpose built showroom, service and parts centre opposite the Ford dealership is scheduled to open on 1 June 2018.  Will be about 10 miles from where I live so am likely to use their services in the near future.

• 1 year later...

Bought my Superb Sportline from them last year, traded in my mk2 VRS and was satisfied with the cost to change. Always painful to see the markup they put the car on sale at afterwards, but not as many people interested in private sales these days and the hassle that comes with selling. Nice shiny new showroom. 

Test drive good, demonstrated any equipment above my VRS spec such as ACC and new infotainment system. All minor defects I pointed out were rectified before pickup including 2 small scuffs on the alloys which were repaired. 

On collection the car was well prepared and in the collection bay. Left me to inspect the car and no rush to get me away so I could check everything was good. Said to come back in when I was finished and we’d sign everything off and tax the car online. 

Said I’d receive a phone call a few days after to check I was happy but never received the call.

Would I buy from there again? If I was buying used again I would for the right car, but it wouldn’t be my first port of call when looking to buy new unless they were advertising an outstanding deal. 

• 2 months later...

Never going back. 

I have been to Bolton Skoda since parkside days.... And more often than not, have left with an issue that wasn't there before...scratched paintwork. Etc. 

Last year's took car for MOT ...it passed. Went to retrieve it...engine warning light was on. Mechanics checked and pushed it in for assessment. Chain needed replacing. £800+

During service 6 months later , rear coil corrosion and an oil leak were noted. Two weeks later a different coil broke. Replaced the coil. Weird noise coming from suspension that wasn't there before, steering wheel off by a few degrees. They think coil wasn't seated correctly. Car returned , same issue...

Two weeks later. Clunking noise when reversing out of a car park bay. Parked up. Called brake down. Told the recovery chap where the problem lay and what was recently done... He drove it 10m and rechecked underneath... He thinks garage did a bodge coil change and the drive shaft is knackered because of it.

Back in for a new driveshaft... they even ordered the wrong driveshaft so further delays.

Now the garage suggests 5 oil leaks which will cost £1700 to fix... Plus corrosion to two flexi joints on the exhaust... But one is connected to the cat... Another £800+... Wtf?  I dwelled on this for a couple of months, got them to requote and print the problems.

Enough is enough, I went to an independent garage with the list of faults. 

1. Flexi joints only corroded on outer shell, a piece can be welded in but they think it's fine for a good while. Passes a smoke test

2. After a clean up of the "leaks" they discovered a seal was faulty, and may require a new pipe to the turbo... During repair they didn't need the pipe, only a seal. Total cost... Approx £100. 

Do the maths.

All Bolton RRG Skoda want, is either your money or flog you a new car. They have ripped me off. Go to an independent garage. I highly recommend Church Wharf.

Edited by northturton

• 1 year later...

RRG Bolton supplied and PDI my new Karoq that I've leased with vwfs.  Jane Cannan deals with all the lease vehicles for RRG and looked after everything.  She kept me updated as things progressed.  Nothing was to much trouble and her communication was outstanding.  She helped me with my cherished reg transfer.  The cars condition on collection was all that I could hoped or dreamed of.  So well done to all the team at Bolton !   As expected  Jane's handover was very comprehensive and relaxed, she really knows her cars but better still she is able and happy to pass this knowledge on to customers.