TPS Branches - Which Ones Do or Don't Sell to the Public - A List

trundlenut

Derby do but can be a bit grumpy/dismissive on the phone. They're really helpful in person though. 

ETKA looks lovely on the big widescreen telly they have over the counter to show you the diagrams on. 

If they actually answer the phone.  That big screen is handy, I don't know whether other branches have them.

• 2 weeks later...

I was talking to my local TPS and was told that they're not allowed to serve the public, trade only.  The dealers are not allowed to serve the trade, public only.

TPS is not a single company, it's more like a franchise where one local company gets a territory that it supplies.  I think that it is in their agreement with VW to supply the trade only.  As you're listing branches that are possibly in breach of their agreement, this may be better off in the Freedom section, where access is limited.

• 2 weeks later...

I was talking to my local TPS and was told that they're not allowed to serve the public, trade only.  The dealers are not allowed to serve the trade, public only.

TPS is not a single company, it's more like a franchise where one local company gets a territory that it supplies.  I think that it is in their agreement with VW to supply the trade only.  As you're listing branches that are possibly in breach of their agreement, this may be better off in the Freedom section, where access is limited.

Rather a belated reply, but I just had a look at the TPS website and it says on there that it is not a service for the general public, so perhaps this thread would be better tucked away in Freedom.

Feel free to move it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Call Sparshatts of Botley (01489 785111); Message goes, 'for Nissan sales, press 1, for Skoda sales, press 2, for service, Press 3 or for parts press 4 (I press 4) next message; 'For trade enquiries, press 1, for all other enquiries, press 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

TPS in Medway City Estate has always served me, infact once on the phone they told me to always go to them and never bother with the dealer!

admittedly they have been cheaper every time ive been in.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been buying from the Slough branch for about 4yrs - never any problem. When they realise, which is pretty quickly, that you are a private customer then the invoice "may not" show your name - but they will happily take your credit card and you "may" get some discount too!  :clap:

Edited by jeallen01
  • Like 1

First post updated thanks.

I was in TPS this morning buying some bump stops and noticed one of their current offers - buy £200 worth of windscreen wipers and get a free Bosch kettle, slightly bizarre

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk