TPS Branches - Which Ones Do or Don't Sell to the Public - A List

trundlenut

• 2 weeks later...

The official line is that they are only meant to deal strictly with the trade, however! it seems to depend on who you get to speak to or deal with in each individual branch. If you are lucky and get one of the helpful chaps, they seem happy enough to take our money, some of the really helpful guys will even give you a discount too!

Sadly there are still some real jobs worth's out there and they just flat out refuse to help, seems crazy to me 'cos we are helping each other by keeping them in a job, ungrateful beggars.

I am lucky, one of my best mates works in the Glasgow branch and is unfailingly helpful when I need O.E. stuff.

Just your luck I suppose, or a case of, if your face fits maybe?

I suspect that a lot of the "problem" branches have received complaints from the local VAG main dealers that TPS are "stealing" trade from them! That said, the Slough branch has (at least) VW and AUDI main dealers within a mile of them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

not been in,   but on equiring as to an "instock request " over the phone,   got a right miserable **** at stoke,  ---often par for the course regarding customer "service"  at stoke in general I fear--- however my local factor or failing that eurocar parts or -GSF are always helpful and ready to take my money  which is great,   this  thread     should   prove a great convenience to those living near to non jobsworth outlets,   nice there's still  some  about

interesting to know --however he didn't know who I was when I rang, so no need to be surly-- I'm certainly not going to waste juice  going to the far side of Stoke to risk  a reception like that  - not a million miles away from a similar couldn't care less attitude from a Volkswagen main dealership when looking to buy a new car------------------ an interesting comparison with a Honda dealer in the west country who in addition to great service does great prices "online" :clap:

• 3 months later...

Medway and Tonbridge branches serve the public. I've purchased so much from Medway they have created me a trade account !

Medway were very helpful last time I went in.

Glasgow EAST end is very good, no problems.

Glasgow WEST at Ibrox begrudgingly sold to me but with attitude. I won't be going back.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sent the Newcastle branch (Tyne Tunnel Trading Estate) an email asking if they sell to the public. No reply, So i guess it's a no from them !

• Like 1

Sent the Newcastle branch (Tyne Tunnel Trading Estate) an email asking if they sell to the public. No reply, So i guess it's a no from them !

I did that with Hereford, but others have had success by going into the store with cash.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I went in the Exeter branch and asked.  I have historically always used my mate's garage account, but with that lifeline being removed soon, I asked about serving me and the chap said it was OK....  So I am hopeful of being able to continue using them. ;)

They are on the Marsh Barton trading estate in Exeter in case anyone is interested. :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Not seen Chester mentioned here but they were happy to deal with me today.  Only bought consumeables but there was another customer who'd been sent there by the local Audi dealer with a complicated query on some Audi TT parts and they were very helpful with him.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...