How to enable Traffic Sign recognition

On ‎07‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 11:45, NMcK said:

One thing occurs to me...  When enabling traffic sign recognition using OBDeleven or VAGCOM, after all the adaptations are complete the function is still not active.  It is necessary to enable it through the menu in the Columbus or Amundsen menu.  If it isn't set on though the menu, then it won't appear in the maxidot.

So I suggest that you could check whether the menu item appears in the Columbus/Bolero menu.  If it does, then uncheck the option.  If it doesn't appear, use OBDeleven or VAGCOM to add the menu item back, and then uncheck the option.  

Once you have done this the traffic sign recognition is disabled and shouldn't appear on the maxidot.  You should now be able to undo the controller adaptations if you wish, and the menu item associated with it will disappear.

Try this and see how it goes.

Tried both, firstly I have enabled this option and it appeared in the Amundsen menu (then I uncheck it and the error was still there). Then I have disabled this option, cleared the fault, but after giving contact, the error is still there.

Any other ideas? Hope someone has any clue.

Thanks,

Ales

• 2 months later...

Good news.  I have managed to get Traffic Sign recognition working on my MK3 2019 facelifted Octavia Scout with a module A5 camera.  I used my new VDCS that I purchased this week.  It all seems to work just fine EXCEPT for the fact that it seems to complain about you speeding at 20mph or 30KM/H when you are in a 30MPH zone.  So - that means by Octavia thinks that all the signs are kms signs - and not mph. 

I checked the units - all looking good - UNITS show mph in car settings.

Has anybody come across this glitch before?

Thanks

Max

I enabled it, found it to be more of a pain in the backside so now deactivated it via infotainment system.

I suggest that you may have your speed warning active somewhere. But I would suggest that you turn it off, it serves no real useful purpose, you have two Mk1 eyeballs and a Mk1 brain and if you're worried use a sat nav with the latest updates which will give you the speeds without distraction.

Never seen any signs other than speed limits on mine.  And I didn't think there was a speed warning connected to the dynamic speed limit display.  How do you set this?

TheWanderer, the problem with the limits coded into the maps is that they don't always match the limits on the road, e.g. in road works.  The camera sees the signs and gives a reminder on the maxidot.

2 hours ago, NMcK said:

Never seen any signs other than speed limits on mine.  And I didn't think there was a speed warning connected to the dynamic speed limit display.  How do you set this?

TheWanderer, the problem with the limits coded into the maps is that they don't always match the limits on the road, e.g. in road works.  The camera sees the signs and gives a reminder on the maxidot.

Like I said, you have two Mk1 eyeballs & a organic grey lump called a brain. Use them, it's so easy, even the most cursory of glances every few seconds just to check. If you need something to remind you, then it suggests that you're not driving material.

I've tried it, it's a RPITA it's annoying, it's like having your mother in the car nagging you all the bleedin' time. If I do switch it on, the signs on the VC are so pathetically small, they're not worth the space or looking at. The only time I might conceivably use it, is if I'm driving for the first time into a large city Birmingham. Bristol, Manchester etc, but even then the traffic is generally moving so slowly anyway so it would generally be irrelevant anyway as most are now a stupid 20. 🙄

And the chances of me driving into a big city? Virtually zero, dump the car outside, catch a tram, train, bus, taxi. Easier.

Edited by TheWanderer

I enabled this on my 2019 MK3. There is an option in the infotainment that allows you to set an alarm for Xmph above the posted limit, or you can just turn it off.

In over a year I've never seen anything other than speed limit signs, so if you have a system showing no overtaking signs it's either more advanced or incorrectly configured some how.

I enabled mine using OBD eleven and have had no errors.

• 2 weeks later...

I have some specific situation..I have never seen traffic signs on my display until a few days ago..suddenly it started to apear..and it worked like a charm, every single speed limit sign was accurate..and it lasted until I turned my car off..and after that, iz never showed up again

It is enabled in car options..I never did any coding to activate it..it appeared on its own..did anyone had this situation??

Is there a way to activate it so it works all the time...I have Octavia 2014 year, Columbus

Sorry for bad english

• 1 month later...
On 13/03/2014 at 11:10, andyvee said:

Nope, I've tried and can't get it to work.

Sent from my phone so please excuse brevity and spelling

Hello,

I noticed that you tried to enabled road sign recognition without lane assist and then disabled it. A have also tried to enable it (not knowing I have to have lane assist) and now I can not disable this function. Well I am able to disable it but the maxidot still shows me road sign error every time I put the ignition on. I have unchecked all the function (in the reverse order of enabling it).

I use vcds program and ross-tech hex v2 cable.

Can you tell me, how to erase that fault and disable that function?

• 5 months later...
On 02/04/2020 at 22:09, ExSEAT said:

I enabled this on my 2019 MK3. There is an option in the infotainment that allows you to set an alarm for Xmph above the posted limit, or you can just turn it off.

In over a year I've never seen anything other than speed limit signs, so if you have a system showing no overtaking signs it's either more advanced or incorrectly configured some how.

I enabled mine using OBD eleven and have had no errors.

Hi 

I don’t suppose you could give us some guidance on how you programmed this using OBD eleven? I’ve got a 2020 (69) VRS with digital **** pit.

Cheers 

4 minutes ago, Boltss said:

Hi 

I don’t suppose you could give us some guidance on how you programmed this using OBD eleven? I’ve got a 2020 (69) VRS with digital **** pit.

Cheers 

Hi, sorry but its quite complex to type out here, its 4 or 5 changes and some long coding. It would be best to check the guides for accuracy. 

11 hours ago, ExSEAT said:

Hi, sorry but its quite complex to type out here, its 4 or 5 changes and some long coding. It would be best to check the guides for accuracy. 

Hi

There fair enough, where can I find the guides? Feel like I’m missing something here - struggling to find info on coding! 

Sorry for being dumb, but I've looked through this thread (and others) and can't seem to find a plain and simple set of step by step instructions on how to install TSR on my 2017 FL VRS with OBDEleven. I have lane assist if that makes a difference.

I've seen multiple posts that claim to be for the pre-FL that may or may not work and things for VCDS in both german and english but I just want a nice simple step by step OBDEleven guide for idiots like me :).

If anyone could do this or point me to where I'd find such instructions I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks

P.S if anyone feels generous enough to write up some instructions for dummies, I'd also like to activate HBA ;).

I've never used OBDeleven (as I have VCDS) but as general advice:

- make a backup before you do anything (no idea how OBDeleven does this)

- make sure the backup is somewhere safe!!

- make a note of everything you change

- double check the adaption channels as they are often very similar

Once you've done that, try following the OBDeleven guide below. It seems to match exactly what I did on my '18 plate vRS although a couple of the adaption channels were already set correctly so don't worry if you find the same.

Good luck :)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Boltss said:
2 hours ago, Boltss said:

Hi

There fair enough, where can I find the guides? Feel like I’m missing something here - struggling to find info on coding! 

I think I might have the coding written up on a word document on my laptop, I will have a look. I have the history on my app but theres more to it than just the steps.

I might also have hba written up somewhere too.

Let me have a look...

7 hours ago, Boltss said:

Hi

I dont have it written out in english but here is my process I used for my MY19 Vrs with virtual cockpit. This worked for me, no guarantee it will work for you. Take a backup before you start. All done at your own risk

1. Connect to car and go to 'control units'

2. Select control unit 5F (multimedia)

3. Choose adaptations

4. Look for Cr Function list BAP Gen2 'Traffic sign recognition'

5. change 'not activated' to activated

6. Still in 5F, find car Functions Adaptations Gen2 'menu display road sign identification'

7. Change 'not activated' to 'activated'

8. Go out of unit 5F and into unit A5 (Driver Assistance)

9. Select long coding (this a bit more difficult)

10. There will be a little switch at the top with a 0 and a 1, press it to go to 1

11. You will now see a log line of numbers, you are going to have to change some of these by ticking boxes

12. activate byte 16 bit 4

13. The long code should now change from 0203070100000401000213408150 A80084000E200000, to A8009400E200000

14. Exit 5F and go to module 17 (Dashboard)

15. Got to long coding, press the little 0/1 button again

16. Activate byte 5 bit 2

17. The long code should now change from 25A5110879808600010A6302100 to 25a5110879848600010a6302100

18. Exit all and then turn on TSR in the car menu and you should be done

Thats why I couldnt tell you last night from my mobile!!

28 minutes ago, Tcuk31 said:

Could someone post a couple of pics with the different cameras on. I'm not sure if mine is lane assist compatible or not but it is fairly big. Thanks. 

Or you could post a picture and we can tell you 😉

Just now, Tcuk31 said:

So this is my camera. I have High beam assist on it. Can I enable lane assist or speed sign recognition with this camera? Many thanks. 

I'm afraid not. That's a lowline camera so it can only do high beam assist 😟

• 1 year later...

Hello all,

Sorry for commenting on such an old topic but i wanted to ask if i've done anything wrong. I have read through all the posts on here and have applied this adaption to my 65 reg octavia scout that has lane assist etc ...

Everything seems to work with the traffic sign recognition system and I don't appear to get any of the errors that other people mention. However, when i do an autoscan, I do get a fault under the FR camera. If I clear it, it stays clear for a while but then returns. Is there something else I need to do? Here is the error I get:

Address A5: Frt Sens. Drv. Assist (R242)       Labels:| 5Q0-980-653.clb
   Part No SW: 5Q0 980 653 G    HW: 5Q0 980 653 
   Component: MQB_MFK       H06 0060  
   Serial number: 10000394749   
   Coding: 0101010001030306000000000000010100
   Shop #: WSC 73430 790 12345
   ASAM Dataset: EV_MFKBoschAU370 001001
   ROD: EV_MFKBoschAU370.rod
   VCID: 3C21342626EF578BD3A-8068

2 Faults Found:
1123600 - predictive route data 
          B1630 02 [008] - Signal Failure
          Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00000001
                    Fault Priority: 6
                    Fault Frequency: 254
                    Reset counter: 124
                    Mileage: 83800 km
                    Date: 2021.03.16
                    Time: 16:56:51

Control Module temperature: 29 °C
                    Outside temperature: 15.0 °C
                    Vehicle speed: 13.76 km/h
                    Voltage terminal 15: 14.7 V
                    Terminal 15 on: 19.5 s

1123601 - predictive route data 
          B1630 02 [008] - Signal Failure
          Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00000001
                    Fault Priority: 6
                    Fault Frequency: 254
                    Reset counter: 131
                    Mileage: 83712 km
                    Date: 2021.03.15
                    Time: 12:54:17

Control Module temperature: 50 °C
                    Outside temperature: 11.5 °C
                    Vehicle speed: 30.40 km/h
                    Voltage terminal 15: 14.5 V
                    Terminal 15 on: 1605.0 s

Does this information help? and is anyone able to comment? any info/advice would be greatly appreciated!!

• 4 months later...

Looking at enabling this adaptation as well. From what I read on these forums, seems to be some confusion over the maxidot display. Does it matter if you have the colour or the black and white maxidot display for TSR to work properly and to avoid errors popping up in use. I have a Octavia VRS with MIB2.5 Amundsen and the lane assist camera and seems to be capable of HBA which I will enable at some point as well.