How to enable Traffic Sign recognition

I do get a warning not long after starting up -  Traffic sign recognition: restricted.

According to the owners manual this is due to a lack of SatNav data, it only shows up the once though.

Edited by Neily03
  • Like 1

I'd love to get this working on my VRS, if there's anyone in the Surrey/M3 area who could activate this I'd happily travel and pay you for your time to get this working on my car. Thanks.

This forum's brilliant I've had an offer from someone to sort this for me. Thanks to everyone for their efforts in sorting these items for everyone else. Dedders

I'm thinking this is a bit hit and miss without satnav..... A couple I times it's picked up speed limits on side roads..... Just driving into Chester city centre down a road with a 30 limit it randomly decided the limit was 70 despite passing no signs at all..... Hmmmmm

Was sure I'd seen it listed as a fairly expensive option, but I think the option included a bundle of Columbus and lane assist. Could be wrong!

I was determined to look this up, almost all trace of it has disappeared but finally:

Traveller Pack Wizard Multimedia support, DAB - Digital Radio Reception, Navigation System Columbus (Europe), Lane Assist, Intelligent Light Assistant, Traffic Signs Recognition, multifunction steering wheel 4-spoke leather € 2,700

It came part of "traveller assistant pack" or "traveller pack wizard" (depending which country you're in and cost circa 2700 Euros. I remember it being expensive, but also that it was bundled with other options.

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.autozone.be/nouvelles-automotives/skoda-octavia-combi-rs-diesel---2013-20-cr-tdi-dpf-dsg-voiture-neuve%3FversieId%3D10_106682&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dopetion%2B%2522TRAVELLER%2BASSISTANT%2BPACK%2522%26num%3D30%26hl%3Den

Edited by Dodgy

See how it goes - might just be a one off.

If not, I can always turn it off again? but you can turn it off on the Infotainment in the meantime.

Doesn't seem to be a one off I'm afraid and it appears it can't be totally totally switched off, I can only stop it being displayed on the maxidot but I'm still getting the error message popping up :(

And I've just noticed the front tear drop wipe isn't working

Yep - front tear drop is a bit hit and miss by the looks of it - it was on my MkII as well.

If you want it turning off, no probs - I take it by error message you mean the one about restricted functionality because you haven't got a Sat nav?

Yes the restricted functionality one, it's come up several times this afternoon so unfortunately it's going to have to go, at your convenience of course Andy.

I was thinking the same thing. There are some settings in the adaptations of the instrument cluster for warning messages.

Sent from my phone so please excuse brevity and spelling

Oooh that's interesting. I've switched it back on for a bit to give it another chance and to be honest while it's not perfect it's pretty good if used as a guide and not 100% fact. Would be nice to get rid of the warning though.... And get full beam assist working ;)

I'll have a look at the instruments controller at some point before the weekend - you up for Friday or Saturday for a bit more coding?

The Full Beam Assist might be a step too far unless I see a car with it activated on a Lans Assist camera. It looked like we had coded everything, but there was still something missing ...........

It probably was just getting bored of the 68mph at 12:40am with clear roads? :)

Lol! It was late and the weather was shocking so I was taking it easy and relaxing.

Anyone had a problem w hen enabling this? I get to this point and the coding is rejected:

Controller A5 (Front / front view camera)

07 - Coding

Byte 1

Bit 0 Enable - "01 traffic sign recognition (FTE) active"

It's on a vRS with Columbus.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Al.