?

http://flic.kr/p/iHSCKB

http://flic.kr/p/iFSjJg

Controller 5F (Information Electrical)

10 - Adaptations

Select channel: (63) vehicle function list BAP traffic_sign_recognition_0x21

Adjust Value to activated

attachicon.gifskodatsr1.png

Channel: (151) vehicle menu select-service menu_display_road_sign_identification

Adjust Value to activated

attachicon.gifskodatsr2.png

Controller A5 (Front / front view camera)

07 - Coding

Byte 1

Bit 0 Enable - "01 traffic sign recognition (FTE) active"

attachicon.gifskodatsr3.png

Controller 17 (Instruments)

07 Coding

Byte 5

Bit 2 Enable - "Traffic Sign Recognition installed"

attachicon.gifskodatsr4.png

Controller A5 (Front / front view camera)

16 - Security Access - enter 20103

10 - Adaptations

Select channel Display end of speed limit symbol

Change to activated

attachicon.gifskodatsr5.png

Hi Skodissile and thanks for the info however I am having difficulty in accessing the system to begin to reprogramme it.  Would you mind giving me a step by step guide please - my car is a 2014 Octy Ellegance with the Amundsen system which I originally thought was supplied with both Traffic Sign Recognition and Lane Assist but apparently I was wrong according to the dealer.  I would appreciate any help on offer please.

Thanks,

Nosnehm

Hi Skodissile and thanks for the info however I am having difficulty in accessing the system to begin to reprogramme it.  Would you mind giving me a step by step guide please - my car is a 2014 Octy Ellegance with the Amundsen system which I originally thought was supplied with both Traffic Sign Recognition and Lane Assist but apparently I was wrong according to the dealer.  I would appreciate any help on offer please.

Thanks,

Nosnehm

You need access to VCDS running the latest version of the software.

Detailed instructions are here.

BUT you have to have Lane Assist, otherwise you don't have the correct camera. The smaller camera for Intelligent Light Assist doesn't do Traffic Sign Recognition.

You need access to VCDS running the latest version of the software.

Detailed instructions are here.

BUT you have to have Lane Assist, otherwise you don't have the correct camera. The smaller camera for Intelligent Light Assist doesn't do Traffic Sign Recognition.

Does anyone know exactly what is required to retrofit Lane Assist on the Elegance? Is it just a case of fitting a second camera for Lane Assist (or is it a large single camera for both Lane Assist and ILA on the VRS) and coding via VCD, or is some other hardware required? Is the wiring in place already, as per the VRS?

Like Nosnehm, I saw the speed signs come up on the Columbus when I test drove the Elegance and I assumed it had Traffic Sign Recognition as standard, so I'm disappointed not to have it. Do I really need it? Well, I've driven for 41 years without it, so the answer is no, but it would still be an impressive capability, as are many of the other "nice to have" functions on modern cars.

Does anyone know exactly what is required to retrofit Lane Assist on the Elegance? Is it just a case of fitting a second camera for Lane Assist (or is it a large single camera for both Lane Assist and ILA on the VRS) and coding via VCD, or is some other hardware required? Is the wiring in place already, as per the VRS?

Like Nosnehm, I saw the speed signs come up on the Columbus when I test drove the Elegance and I assumed it had Traffic Sign Recognition as standard, so I'm disappointed not to have it. Do I really need it? Well, I've driven for 41 years without it, so the answer is no, but it would still be an impressive capability, as are many of the other "nice to have" functions on modern cars.

Well for a start you'd need the proper LA assist camera and the windscreen to go with it, doubt the wiring will be there either.....

.... and very deep pockets.

Well for a start you'd need the proper LA assist camera and the windscreen to go with it, doubt the wiring will be there either.....

Sounds like a non-starter then. Ah-well, perhaps in another life!

• 5 weeks later...

Out of interest does lane assist have to be enabled?

I can't see that this has been answered, does anyone know if you activate the traffic sign recognition via VCDS do you need to have the LA activated for it to work?

With regards to disabling the error, is it likely to be a case of we can't or a case of we haven't found the option yet?

I'd love to enable this, but it's not really an option as long as there is an error to annoy SWMBO. :-D

P

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

One thought on this, is there a value we can set to make the car think we have nav, thereby removing the error?

P

If you don't have nav then I wouldn't enable this as it'll speed limits wrong, was telling Andyvee how mine once shown a limit of 100 on the m56..... Other time it missed speed mint changes...

Shame, it's quite cool...

P

I ran it a couple of weeks and it was to 75% of the time but because of the number of times it got it missed changes in speed limit it couldn't trust it with my license. I'm sure it works fine conjunction with satnav.

• 1 month later...

It just occured to me that the 100 might have been off of a truck decal that they have on the back. I'm not sure for UK trucks, but here busses and trucks have these 80/90/100 stickers that look just like speed limit signs. Considering the 'dumb' computer can't figure out where it came from without satnav.

Would be a great option to have like this for free, but not without satnav.

• Like 1

Can someone with lane assist post a picture of the back of rear view mirror ? Are the part Nos definitely different.

I have an elegance without lane assist and the Amundsen shows traffic signs on the nav screen but not the central display, obviously this info comes from the nav data.

Look at a vRS windscreen. Has a huge screen module containing the lane assist camera (which also supports high beam assist if ordered) and the light/rain sensor.

Elegance models without optional lane assist have a completely different arrangement...the high beam camera being on the mirror base and is only capable of high beam control.

You need the lane assist module and nav for traffic sign recognition. Im not sure any UK cars have had this fully coded without error, is an option we cant get here but offered elsewhere.

• 1 month later...

Yep - you get a limited functionality message - which means it isn't merging the data from the sat nav maps and the data from the camera.

Haven't found out how to get round that yet, when I see a car with TSR from the factory I might be able to work it out.