Matty's Orange Fabia Sport MKII 1.9TDi (vRS...:))

Slotty

Your car was going very well Slotty. I only passed you under the chequered flag situation. I didn't see it it was only when Lloyd said off the gas now Pete it's end of session ! Honest !

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Wow...Two years without an update...!!! I decided it's a time to do something about it so...

• 24 Freedom Membership Purchased :cool:
  • New Monte Carlo Gear Stick Purchased along with the Handbrake Lever (it was a set) ;)
  • Going to replace all my silver surrounds (vents, door handles) with black ones I purchased from @Ant-Vrs long time ago :)
  • I also purchased this lovely Kenwood DNX520VBT from @Jonny5ive and will be swapping my standard headunit very soon B)

DSC_0024.thumb.JPG.36f6bf8c2c13953af42b2b098e9ea22b.JPG

My Bro in Law Purchased this little beast (the one behind my Orange Fabia) :)

IMG-20170507-WA0003.thumb.jpeg.321e01c02d4b40d27056b68b545530c2.jpeg

My car needs cleaning (the wheels are not dirty, that's the new colour after refurb) but I need to see whether Skoda will sork out my paint work as I noticed big patches of Lacquer comings on and peeling from my car...Roof, Rear Bumper, Bonnet...Going to see whether they can help me out here...

Only thing is I'm not sure whether to go to my local Motorline Skoda dealer in Dartford to head to Maidstone branch...

More updates and pics to follow :thumbup:

Edited by Slotty
  • Like 2

Decided to swap my rear tyres with the front ones and spotted that one of the springs on my front suspension is snapped :crying:

I do wonder whether you can get the replacement sprigns for Weitec Hicon GT Coilovers.....

Edited by Slotty

On 08/05/2017 at 21:19, Jonny5ive said:

Your brother in law has some... :rofl:

Maybe contact Weitec?

suspension.co.uk/weitec-suspension-parts.php

I know he does. We swapped the wheels today so car is now sitting on Team Dynamics :)

I contacted Weitec already and supplied them with the part numbers etc etc. Awaiting their reply. Thank you ;)

Edited by Slotty

After getting some prices back for Weitec (KW) just for springs I decided it's better to replace the whole kit as mine was second hand and I had it for 4 years so more things could go wrong with it.

So today I purchased this kit: ST X BY KW COILOVER SUSPENSION KIT for my Furby.

Massive thanks to @Damian@DPM for sorting this out for me...!! :thumbup:

Edited by Slotty
  • Like 2

Speak to @Damian@DPM Stevo and he will sort you out :thumbup:

You can check the prices on their website and then sort everything out via PM like I did.

He's Top Man and really helpful. All I can say is that it was impossible for me to find these cheaper elsewhere :)

Edited by Slotty
  • Like 2

Just read through your whole thread as I am a fellow mk2 tdi sport owner and its very impressive.

Looking at mine now in the car park and its sat on anthracite 17" spiders and the arch gap is horrendous so really need to sort out lowering it a tiny bit.

Your build has given me a bit of motivation to sort some things out on my car.

• Like 2

On 2017-5-12 at 09:00, Alexh4551 said:

Just read through your whole thread as I am a fellow mk2 tdi sport owner and its very impressive.

Looking at mine now in the car park and its sat on anthracite 17" spiders and the arch gap is horrendous so really need to sort out lowering it a tiny bit.

Your build has given me a bit of motivation to sort some things out on my car.

Thank you, much appreciated.

I kinda didn't really do much to the car for nearly two years but recent trip to York to get a new car for my Bro in Law restored the need to do something about it.

I have quite few things to do in next two weeks and will keep this updated :)

I'm glad some peeps get motivated by what I have done.

Edited by Slotty
  • Like 1

On Friday me and My mate decided to change the interior a little bit. Over year ago I purchased black trims and vents from @Ant-Vrs

I decided to swap my silver ones with these and I very much like it:

Inside.thumb.jpg.7201ffe5d581da5ef6761bec3f2c861c.jpg

591966b00165f_LeftDoorandNewTrim.thumb.jpg.d392f85a1e857f99513e507e082d38aa.jpg591966c38fdaa_MiddleNewTrim.thumb.jpg.35128104de470245156ec46b86572f6f.jpg

Mine used to be silver.

I haven't had a chance to replace the door handles yet as this is a bigger job and I need to remove whole door cards to get to these but this will be done soon :)

Edited by Slotty
  • Like 3

I also purchased a nice New Monte Carlo Gear Stick and Handbrake Lever of the eBay. Bit tricky to replace but done it in less than 40 mins. All looks nice now:

591967982ae83_NewLever.thumb.jpg.1fc2777318be892685205f745f612825.jpg591967a90f65f_LeverandHandbrake.thumb.jpg.1b152e6d8e32e8190fdd220cdc2bf882.jpg

As I will be replacing my Standard Dance Stereo with the new Kenwood One I decided to sort out the wiring for the new Sub.

Always wanted one, got this one from eBay second hand but it looks really good and it's in great condition.

All cables were included and are well hidden (you can't see them). This wasn't easy but we have done it.

All of this happened on Friday after work :)

My old trims and Stereo will soon be available for Sale in case someone is after anything like that :thumbup:

Edited by Slotty
  • Like 1

That's a smart unit.

I really do want a Columbus, but I have been offered a Chinese version dirt cheap so that will suffice for now.

I'm wanting DAB more than anything, as I listen to a few decent stations on there.

By the way....ive found a 1.9tdi Sport....oh dear!

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, S27VEJ said:

That's a smart unit.

I really do want a Columbus, but I have been offered a Chinese version dirt cheap so that will suffice for now.

I'm wanting DAB more than anything, as I listen to a few decent stations on there.

By the way....ive found a 1.9tdi Sport....oh dear!

Oh Dear... ;)

• Like 1

On 22/05/2017 at 10:11, Slotty said:

Saturday was a new Stereo Day...:)

After talking to @buddy I decided to pay him a visit to get everything sorted and connected. We spent few hours trying to connect this using the quadlock supplied to get everything to work from the CAN-Bus but we were either getting constant live with the option of manually switching the radio on and off or ingnition live where the radio would come on with the ignition only. We couldn't get it to work the way my factory one worked so decided to set on the ignition option.

We also connected the Sub to the Stereo, I really like the sound now and I think this was missing in my car.

5922aaf7d4605_Kenwood1.thumb.JPG.f73ed64e11262c008a9014821b551511.JPG5922aaf56713e_Kenwood2.thumb.JPG.d0244b09337ce52de2f10f8266456a37.JPG5922aaf9ecc6f_Kenwood3.thumb.JPG.f8faedf13bf61de67fb99ce9fc4b57e7.JPG

Looks so much better :)

Happy to help 

• Like 2