Matty's Orange Fabia Sport MKII 1.9TDi (vRS...:))

Slotty

Cars looking great :)

Those wheels suit it so much better.

32k the mk1 fabia could use seat Ibiza cupra tdi top mounts.

Not sure the leon ones will fit the mk2 as they are quite a bit bigger?

• Like 1

Thanks Adam. Just spent 40 mins on the phone talking to my mate about all mods I want to do and he's the one who will be fitting these for me...

He was surprised but said everything can be done and he will do it for me...;) Roll on May...!!

Now I need to spend my monthly allowance wisely and make sure all parts are with me before May

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sooooo.........Thanks to Sparkly and his recommendations I spent some money yesterday...to be precise over £130.00 in total

I got a Deal 4 from Autobrite Group Buy which is:

• Red Autobrite HD Foam Lance with Karcher Connectior, Strong 1 litre HDPE foam lance bottle inc a 500ml bottle of Magifoam with 1 x 5 Litres of new Magifoam...
  • Kent Polish Applicator Pads with Handle
  • Kärcher Hose Set
  • Dodo juice Need for Speed (all in one polish/glaze/wax)
  • Pack of Flexipads Long Handle Wheel Cleaning Brushes
  • Heavy Duty Wash Buckets with the Scratchshields...Need to start using the two bucket wash method as I didn't know it existed... :wonder:

All should be delivered by end of this week so bring on Satruday...I hope the weather will be OK and no :rain:

• Like 2

Nice assortment there :) let me know how you get on with the snow foam lance :)

Will do...;) as you can see I went for the deal with the extra 5l snow foam so if you ever around Bluewater Area and want to see/try it, feel free to pop around..:) just PM me and I'll send you my address. I can't wait for some decent weather to try all of this...!

Nice to see a good detailing haul there.

Take care with those polishing cloths though Matty, not sure what you intend to use them for but I wouldn't be too keen on actually polishing with them.  The round kent MF and sponge applicators are what you want for that job.

Drop me another PM if you want.

• Like 1

Nice to see a good detailing haul there.

Take care with those polishing cloths though Matty, not sure what you intend to use them for but I wouldn't be too keen on actually polishing with them.  The round kent MF and sponge applicators are what you want for that job.

Drop me another PM if you want.

I only bought these cos there was an offer 3 for 2 and these were the only bits I haven't got yet...I'll take care when using these and if they don't do the trick I'll use these on the interior and exterior plastic trim etc...I won't risk damaging my car's paintwork...I really really can't wait to test these...I can't spend any more money on the cleaning products this month as I need to save some money for the MODs I plan to have fitted by May...Well...I think the only one more thing I'll buy is the Sonax Quick Detailer recommended by you this month but promise that's all... :giggle:

Still waiting for you to send me the List of products to use on the Glass, Wheels and Seats...ohhhhh and you can add me to your Thread called "The Detailing Addicts..." :rofl:

• Like 1

My advice Matty would have been get two sets of the applicators.

I wouldn't recommend you using the cloth for polishing it will be a messy affair, many years ago I tried the exact same thing and it shed lint everywhere, had too much cut, felt scratchy, was difficult to work the polish with, useless to buff two (this requires a good mf cloth.)  I think the plan to use them for interior,engine bay, anything else is a plan.

• Like 1

Soooo I need some advice from peeps who did some suspension mods...

I already have the Weitec GT Hicon Coilovers and I know that I need to replace the Top Mounts and Bearings while fitting these but I'm also planning to fit the following and wonder what you think and if I'll actually benefit from it.

• Planning to replace all susp bushes with the powerflex and fit the front adjustable strut brace and rear anti roll bar (H&R) but heard some opinions that I misght get lots of over or under steer and the car might not react as it's supposed to when I go round the corners...?
  • Should I fit adjustable drop links once coilovers are fitted or normal ones should be fine...?

I have done some search, asked my friends for opinions and these are all mixed so I thought asking here is my best option. Any help and adivce will be much apprieciated as I really don't want to waste my money on things that won't improve the handling quality.

Thank you in advance

Matty

• Like 1

I'd look at Superpro bushes over the powerflex's simply from the experience of friends and forum members.

Front and Rear ARB's should be an excellent addition to the handling pack alongside the coilovers, I would expect it to be more neutral than a car with stock FARB and H&R RARB but probably still a bit more tail happy than stock (a good thing in my book), throw in the bushes and you will most likely have one of the sharpest handling Mk2's on the forum.  Will it change from stock, resounding yes, will it be worse, I very very much doubt it.

Don't think you need to touch the drop links unless you are going very low with the coilies.

• Like 1

I'd look at Superpro bushes over the powerflex's simply from the experience of friends and forum members.

Front and Rear ARB's should be an excellent addition to the handling pack alongside the coilovers, I would expect it to be more neutral than a car with stock FARB and H&R RARB but probably still a bit more tail happy than stock (a good thing in my book), throw in the bushes and you will most likely have one of the sharpest handling Mk2's on the forum.  Will it change from stock, resounding yes, will it be worse, I very very much doubt it.

Don't think you need to touch the drop links unless you are going very low with the coilies.

Mark, I knew I can count on you...!!

Soooooooo basically everything I'm planning to do should be done and will improve my cars handling...That's the kind of advice I needed... :rock:

Not going really low on the coilies but will defo replace the links with teh Meyle HD ones.

Also...I'm right to assume the I'll benefit from the RARB and front Strut Brace fitted at the same time...?

Last thing...How can I find out which Front Anti Roll Bar Bush i currently have on my car as there are 3 different sizes...18mm, 19mm and 20mm

Matty

Matty, if you're going for an upgraded front anti roll bar it comes with poly bushes. So best leave that for now.

I have powerflex bushes all round, white line front anti roll bar and jabbasport rear anti roll bar.

Don't think I'm driving on Wednesday, but can take you out in my car on the next meet if you like.

Thanks for the kind offer Dark Hero... ;) I'm planning to fit the rear ABR and adjustable Strut Brace to the front hence why I was thinking about the upgraded anti roll bar bushes...I think it's the best to meet and have a chat so looking forward to meeting you mate...! Just let me know when you free  :thumbup:

• Like 1

As said above, if you mean FARB it will come with decent bushes. Do you mean strut brace as in mounted in the engine bay? Cause that's what I think of when someone says strut brace, not that I'm always right, frequently wrong in fact is more like it. But worth checking. vRSy changed both his ARB's to H&R, think he was very happy with how his car handled, check his old build thread.

As said above, if you mean FARB it will come with decent bushes. Do you mean strut brace as in mounted in the engine bay? Cause that's what I think of when someone says strut brace, not that I'm always right, frequently wrong in fact is more like it. But worth checking. vRSy changed both his ARB's to H&R, think he was very happy with how his car handled, check his old build thread.

Yes, by strut brace I mean the one that is mounted in the engine bay. I know Barrie (Johny5ive) has one fitted to his Roomster along with Rear ARB and says the car handles really well...I just wondered, bearing in mind that I'm going to replace all suspension bushes, if I also should replace the standard front anti roll bar bushes with the Super Pro or PowerFlex ones...The reason I ask is I'm under the impression that I have the Standard Front ARB fitted to my car but please correct me if I'm wrong... :think:

Front strut brace is more of a decoration IMO, between the turrets.

The ARBs will make far more difference.

If that's the case I probably wouldn't bother then and will fit just the Rear ARB for now...and see how my car handles... :)

I'm also spending tooooo much money on the detailing products and really need to stop otherwise I won't be able to save enough money by May to purchase all Parts I need...

• Like 2

If that's the case I probably wouldn't;t bother then and will fin just the Rear ARB for now...and see how my car handles...:) I'm also spending tooooo much money on the detailing products and really need to stop otherwise I won't be able to save enough money by May to purchase all Parts I need...

Do that :)