Get your beads out

Sparkly

I have found AB Ghostrider to be genuinely excellent - no smear at all from the start

Some of AB's products I like - Cherry Glaze

Some of them I'm indifferent on - Purple Rain

This one however is top notch, I didn't need to reapply to the windshield this time, but I thought I would add an extra layer and do side and rear glass.

have had friends in the car asking about what was on there because they have had smearing with glass sealants and abandoned them.

Carl, when we get a meet up sorted we can pop some on for you to try. Maybe do a 50/50 with Gtechniq

• Like 1

Forgot to take a picture of mine this morning, cleaned on Saturday, not moved Sunday and rained overnight - looked just like this:

Washed the mk2 yesterday and thought id take some pics this morning (collinate 915 topped up with sonax bsd)

026_zpsdd429982.jpg

Looking really good mark. Glad your getting back into it and actually working on the car again.

I have to say that G-teqnich 5 I bought the other day isn't performing that well any more Nd it's inly been on a few days. It seems to smear a lot when I do use the wipers.

Not sure maybe I should ask Chris to put it on for me next time.

Gtechniq C5 does smear a bit at first, usually when I reapply mine I get it but it seems to take a bit of time to "bond", so to speak, after that it will be fine.

• Like 1

I have found AB Ghostrider to be genuinely excellent - no smear at all from the start

Some of AB's products I like - Cherry Glaze

Some of them I'm indifferent on - Purple Rain

This one however is top notch, I didn't need to reapply to the windshield this time, but I thought I would add an extra layer and do side and rear glass.

have had friends in the car asking about what was on there because they have had smearing with glass sealants and abandoned them.

Carl, when we get a meet up sorted we can pop some on for you to try. Maybe do a 50/50 with Gtechniq

Absolutely mark sounds good!

And thanks Chris hope it does stop smearing soon.

• Like 1

Washed mine at the weekend and ... virtually no beading at all :( It's had a dealer wash twice in as many weeks around the paintwork issues they were dealing with, and even the venerable 476S didn't survive.

Hopefully all will be back to normal after a trip to ChrisRs next week :)

• Like 1

Kind of difficult when I wasn't able to do it before hand and they were going to be painting it... I think this was done by the VW bodyshop, and they weren't as careful as the dealer (who did what appeared to be quite a good job when it was serviced last year).

• Like 1

Well, it had to happen. Chris and Alan spent two & a half hours on the Yeti yesterday so of course it rained today - but at least the beading is back (though the phone pics aren't anything like as good as Sparky's above)

gallery_80615_568_140096.jpg

• Like 3