Get your beads out

Sparkly

Can’t remember if I posted this one or not :blink:

Meguiars #105 followed by #205 ok orange and white Lake Country Pads, Lime Prime and AG HD Wax. 

147600E5-5DF7-4645-A765-708CFD34D105.jpeg

Edited by jars
Didn’t actually attach the pic!
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Never sure what is a sign of good protection .....loads of tiny beads or fewer larger beads ... This is Armorall Glaze doing its trick 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by labman1001
Spelling
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, BriskodaJeff said:

The only good bit about the dreadful weather on the way to work yesterday.

image.png.71a704e2f8eef129347727b695cda302.png

image.png.a6f5918ecaab0b248a27444630981efc.png

Car has Fusso Dark as an undercoat, Poorboy's Black Hole Show Glaze on top, locked in by Meguiar's Ultimate Wax. Seems to be doing the job ok :)

Nice!

This weekend is my first with the car and plan to do the same, do I have to wait after applying the Fusso Dark, or can I apply the wax the same day?

• Thanks 1

Hi @Cakemonster and thanks. The first time I did mine, I put two coats of Fusso on the car, with about an hour between them, then waxed it on the same day. That was a lot of work! I learned later they recommend 24 hours cure time for the Fusso, so that's what I do now (coat 1, wait 24 hours, coat 2, wait 24 hours, wax). I have found it fine to apply and get off, as long as you follow the "less is more" principle. Really small amounts of product, spread until it looks like a fine oil film over the car. Buff off within about 15 minutes, which equates to doing two panels at a time. I don't think it really needs two coats if you cover it properly the first time, but I was trying to put it on really thinly as apparently it can be a pig to buff off if you put too much on. The applicator it comes with is a bit rough for my liking, so I used a softer applicator pad instead.

In truth I haven't seen a significant difference between doing it twice on the same day or waiting. Mine is giving me 6 months protection without a hint of breaking down - I'm sure the regular Megs top-up helps that. The bonnet (which is where the close-up is from) was re-done with the Fusso in around June-July. The back of the car is still on its first lot from April - little difference in water behaviour between the two TBH.

I'm very much an amateur at this, but one point the experts have made that really is true - it's all in the prep. If you are picking up the car from a dealer, it is likely already to be covered in their protection. The best result (but also the hardest work) is to strip all of that away, right back to clear coat, assess and correct the paint if necessary before putting the Fusso on. It really needs to sit directly on top of the clear-coat to give you the longevity. Then you can choose whatever you want to put over that. I do insane mileage, so I go for protection over super-glossy - the Megs seems to work really well for that, though others have products that seem to do just as well. Or you could go for a crazy-gloss wax, and just top it up more often. 

Enjoy - it's a lot of work, but shots like the ones above are a real reward for me:biggrin:.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BriskodaJeff said:

I'm very much an amateur at this, but one point the experts have made that really is true - it's all in the prep. If you are picking up the car from a dealer, it is likely already to be covered in their protection. The best result (but also the hardest work) is to strip all of that away, right back to clear coat, assess and correct the paint if necessary before putting the Fusso on. It really needs to sit directly on top of the clear-coat to give you the longevity. Then you can choose whatever you want to put over that. I do insane mileage, so I go for protection over super-glossy - the Megs seems to work really well for that, though others have products that seem to do just as well. Or you could go for a crazy-gloss wax, and just top it up more often. 

Cheers @BriskodaJeff I declined the dealers offer of Lifeshine (£200+) and I've got some Bilt Hamber Cleanser Fluid to take anything else off. Hopefully the weather will be kind to me.

• Like 1

Applied a second coat of fusso coat dark a couple of weeks ago, if they come out in the right order... Pre-wash beading, post wash beading

DSC_1527.JPG

DSC_1526.JPG

Edited by Russ77
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Light not particularly good but first convenient opportunity to snap a pic of the beading on my Octavia! With iPhone SE. Collinate 476s with Sonax BSD as second layer.  

F1E5DE3F-DD39-48C9-8FB2-5E6267ED7DEB.jpeg

26CBC07F-7624-4445-9C16-2A2417EA0FB7.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

So its not quite a skoda BUT.....

Gave a quick detail to the Wife's Caddy van before getting it signwritten the other day. Bilt-Hamber fallout remover, Auto finesse Oblitarate, and the Bilt-hamber regular claybar. This was followed by Koch-Chemie M2.01 on a Green Hexlogic Pad with a rotary polisher. Then finished off with a coat of TAC systems Ceramic Coat.
It gave a lovely reflective shine (hence the first picture), then the beading...well...it stopped me in my tracks this morning and I had to take a photo!!IMG-20181028-WA0002.thumb.jpg.06f02568f21c9f73b019dbd69975544c.jpgIMG-20181028-WA0003.thumb.jpg.0076da32c679c342ae4b471d2d8d7be8.jpg

And top marks to anyone who can guess within 10k of the correct mileage (no cheating by looking at my previous posts :D)

Edited by robt100
  • Like 2

Gave the rapid a fast polish the other day. The usual, clay, dodos ferrous for the remaining, foamed with carbon collective, a set of pases using gyeon compound + with a flex 3401 and a lake country purple wool. I couldn’t continue because of work, so used dodos future armour to maintain the work till I can get some spare time to end. Bought some carbon collective oracle. Nice nice coating, previously used it in a friends Audi.

D0ECC7EC-69EC-458E-AC13-F937B0856A3C.jpeg

7443FC2F-4F50-4442-87CD-291B3A56ED5E.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/10/2018 at 18:17, robt100 said:

And top marks to anyone who can guess within 10k of the correct mileage (no cheating by looking at my previous posts :D)

Looks great that - least not because it's pretty rare to see a well-looked after van! Love the beading across the whole side of it :thumbup:

Mileage; I'm gonna go for 200k based on age and the look of those rear door hinges ;) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wardy said:

Looks great that - least not because it's pretty rare to see a well-looked after van! Love the beading across the whole side of it :thumbup:

Mileage; I'm gonna go for 200k based on age and the look of those rear door hinges ;) 

Your not too far out..........but need to think a bit higher mileage, the van has already started its return leg from the Moon! :D

Yeah the whole side beading was fantastic to see. And the van is advertising the wife's cleaning business, so the van better be clean too!

Edited by robt100
  • Like 1

Well at it's furthest distance away that's 252k so I'll go for that ;)

Really good to see someone following through on that approach too. Practise what you preach - yesterday I followed a filthy Transit Connect belching out diesel smog..... advertising 'Pro Valeting Services' :@

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Weather here was atrocious yesterday. But it gave me a chance to see how the Fusso and Megs combo is holding up:)...

image.png.d1dc17da27f9a5442d3077b9800f1269.png

Car had two coats of Fusso Dark in September and has been regularly topped up with Megs Ultimate. It was last washed a week and a half ago, and had its last Megs coat about six weeks ago. I'm particularly happy with how it beads on the vertical panels.

image.png.300f6ead97a2cc5e291769f650153e9c.png

image.thumb.png.1130cc5fac5039bf3d58a4151bcdc61f.png

• Like 2

• 2 months later...