Naths MKII vRS Project

Naths vRS

Hi guys and girls, had this nearly two years now.  Just being lazy and not having time to do one of these so I thought I'd start one off and hopefully carry it on as I go along. :)

I found out that my exact car was one that some reviewer tested and gave it good marks, here it is on it's original plates:

http://magazine.utvdrive.co.uk/reviews/cars/skoda/fabia/2119-skoda-fabia-vrs-review.htm

Dealer's phto before I picked it up:

SKO1_zpsd360f743.jpg

It's a 2010 plate Red and came with 8,000 on the clock.  I bought it from what's formerly known as Farmers Skoda in Leicester.  Originally it came with the chrome grill and headlights, however I phoned up the dealer and asked for the matching headlights (which came off a Monte Carlo) and a black grill, since it had black alloys, mirrors and roof.

001_zps4f4dd128.jpg

I left it alone for a few months as I didn't know which route to go down (strip and whack a big sub in the back or sensible).  I opted for some new alloys as i had badly kerbed the original Gigaro alloys, and thought the amount i'm going to spend to get them re-furbed it's easier to buy some new ones. Not cheap by any means but hey is any car project? 

newalloys_zps4d7f53dc.jpg

Also decided to debadge the 'FABIA' to give it a cleaner look.

Before:

IMG_0216_zps84dff4dd.jpg

After

IMG_0219_zps0d18f4e2.jpg

IMG_0223_zps4af32de5.jpg

A couple of months ago, I think I've done the worst thing anyone could possibly do to the Fabia, and it's stick a straight through pipe on it for an exhaust system, yeah it backfires in every gear when you have it in Manual, but it's stupid and imo ruined the car.  So will be looking at Milltek (or if anyone can recommend anything else). 

That's how it stands currently.  In Feb it's going for a Cleaning Treatment (Detailed) in Tamworth.

Future plans:

New badges all round (this will be done while getting detailed).

Rear Lights tinted.
Lowered on Coilovers

(hopefully) Milltek Exhaust system.

Proper Custom boot build.

Engine Bay tarted up.

Remapped

Any questions feel free to ask, or any pointers would be appreciated.

• Like 3

Went to Telford on the weekend to see The Boy Armitage and my car came back like follows, Heko Wind deflectors and debadged ready for new Skoda & vRS badges:

DF171E31-8BB2-42E1-8F2D-53D6F9ED564D_zps

3E9BA911-2DF9-4DC3-AFF2-D19A57BF73EE_zps

F9720720-193D-4BF6-A959-70CC0787C6B2_zps

As you can see that the front vRS badge is still there, that's because we're unsure on how the new one attaches got two options.

1. Remove current one and sticks over current black backing

or

2. Comes with a screw and backing plate. 

So slow progress but it'll do for now. :)

Thank You mate.

I (my mate) chopped the back box off and put a straight pipe (Mercedes Sprinter) exhaust in it's place with an exhaust tip he had lying around.  I think I'm getting the standard VRS exhaust again from tomorrow (unless you want to swap ;) ). 

Probably would be slightly different.  But if you/anyone want this it's yours for £40? (Ally has dibs on this)

Bought the secondry exhaust should receive it Monday.  Going to be ordering 40mm lowering springs tonight too. :rock:

Where you getting your springs from - AKS?

If not give Alex a call for a Briskoda friendly price, he might well hook you up having had three Group Buys out of us now.

I'm not mate no, will have a look later.   I was looking here: http://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/fabia-5j-07-lowering-springs-c-1929_2922_3281.html at the H&R 40mm springs at £128.

Right got some better photos of the new wind deflectors, and new badges.

IMG_0549_zpse0e5fa6f.jpg

IMG_0552_zps3364ecb4.jpg

When I sold my Gigaro alloys to "The Boy Armitage", I took his old 15" in exchange, and got them sent off a spruce up. These will have tyres on later today, and put on for the winter.

IMG_0553_zps9243789a.jpg

• Like 3

Received some bits today.

> Fabia MKii VRS exhaust. (As i mentioned earlier I have fitted a straight through)

> 40mm H&R Lowering springs.

IMG_05571_zps26a6ec58.jpg

IMG_05581_zpsf3f4bec1.jpg

IMG_05591_zpse4e02c1c.jpg

I bought a subwoofer yesterday (Sunday), and got home to realise that the standard head unit doesn't have pre-outs, so today I've gone and bought a Pioneer one, should be delivered tomorrow.

Photo of the sub:

IMG_05621_zps27b2656b.jpg

and New Head-unit:

IMG_05601_zps8cf44ce6.jpg

• Like 1

Cheers Slotty.

Yeah aint too bad because the new head-unit only cost £140 (new) all in total, so quite chuffed. Will get photos of that once installed. For now I've posted a stock image above apparently I can change it to any colour of the Rainbow. :D.

Good question mate, I am getting mine delivered tonight, if it all fits in straight away with my facia I will send the link. 

On a side note, the new vrs badges have been delivered to Skoda so got to pick them up and my new stereo will be delivered also by the time I get home.

• Like 1

Think you need a new fascia for a double din. Well i did anyway. Nice car aswell btw. What made you chop out the backbox and not the middle one? More of a subtle increase i hear? Will find out after mine is done next week some time

Ah bumder, lol. I'll see what's what tonight. Thank You.

I originally took the middle section out and it still wasn't loud enough, hence why i took the backbox out although I don't recommend it as i don't think it'll pass M.O.T.

• 3 weeks later...

Got the car lowerd 40mm all round couple of weekends ago, can't really tell by pictures but I'll put these up;

IMG_0665_zpsee2ed09f.jpg

IMG_0666_zpsf7abfc70.jpg

Last weekend managed to get the sub wired up and headunit fitted...prepare sunglasses next image is very bright.

IMG_0681_zps19e4b9b9.jpg

haha. Now on this head unit there is loads of possibilities with colours, but I chose to stick with the white and green theme that Skoda have, as you can see in the next photo.

IMG_0682_zpsbc64440e.jpg

Next "modification" is to get the steering wheel centre with the new badge on. Then I'll be happy for a while (until I can find myself a S2000 bonnet that is). :).

• Like 1