Adjusting clock on Citigo!

Intouchuk

Probably a very dumb question.. how do I adjust the time ?! In the manual it only shows a way of doing it when there is a multi functional indicator - I don't have one. There are just two buttons either side of the mileage and clock display in the instrument cluster.

My clock has been an hour fast since October. I suppose if I wait another couple of months it will be correct again!

Any help appreciated.

Norma

Press and hold the right stalk on the instrument cluster and the hours flash. Press stalk to change hours. Press the left to move to mins. Then I think you press the right stalk again. I have only ever changed the hour sorry. But the hour change is correct.

Thanks for the replies. You seem to be in the same boat as me daveface - waiting for March and the 6 months a year the clock will be correct! Unfortunately crazyash88, I don't have any stalks, just the two buttons on the instrument panel. I don't have the extras you do on a Sport. Thanks anyway. 

Edited by Intouchuk

• 1 year later...

Have just (25 Oct 2015) done mine, and it IS a bit of a bar-steward.

On an Elegance model (without Cruise Control) press & hold the LEFT button, & eventually the hours will flash. Press the RIGHT button, and it will advance the hours NB. it won't go back, so one has to go through the whole 24 hour cycle to "lose" an hour.

Then again press & hold the left button, and the minutes will flash.

Return to the right button, and keep pressing until the minutes are correct - again, it won't reverse, so one has to go through the whole of the 60 minutes to drop a minute or two.

GODDAM BST.

Very true, peter 3197 -  but having a clock is the price that you pay for wanting to be upwardly-mobile (aka posing git).  But you're right, the PID seems to be self-adjusting???

Very true, peter 3197 - but having a clock is the price that you pay for wanting to be upwardly-mobile (aka posing git). But you're right, the PID seems to be self-adjusting???

Just worked this one out

The PID has a built in GPS for the Satnav, this in turn keeps date and time up to date

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Leave it for 6 months then it will be right again [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not necessarily...mine was one hour and twenty-five minutes fast. It gains at an alarming rate!

Mine (2015 Elegance) had gained 1 minute in 3 months - hence having to go through the whole 60 mins to take it back just one.  For "snapseller", refer to my Post of 25 Oct.  But it DOES require a little patience.   You'll get there eventually. 

• 4 months later...

With reference to previous queries (& despite me stating just how easy it was) I've just tried to adjust my clock again for BST.   Adjusting the hour worked fine, but WHAT a ballbreaker it was to get the minutes to flash.   E---v---e---n---t---u---a---l---l---y they started to flash, so was able to reduce it (something that has been niggling me for months) by 2 minutes.

Vorsprung durch "just fiddling around". 

• 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 17/02/2017 at 19:14, leckman said:

Is the system for changing the clock time any different/convenient on the 2017 model?.On the i10 it changes automatically via a signal from the radio.

The answer is No! despite the new radio and having the DAB option the time does not change automatically,you still have to use the two buttons as per the owners manual.

• Thanks 1

• 11 months later...

Now Oct 2018, & have just adjusted the clock in my Feb '18 Elegance in readiness for tomorrow, & I followed my own guidance of Oct '15, &  BOY was it easy - even more so as the clock on this Citigo seems to be much more accurate than in the last little Tonka Toy - it hadn't even lost/gained one minute in 8 months: so just the hours to change.

ONE word of caution, you have to be fairly quick off the mark to adjust with the RHS button, as the hours don't "flash" for very long at all, & that means that you have to go back to Square One with the LHS button, & get the hours to flash again.  On the upside,  changing the clock also automatically changes the time shown on the radio.

My God bless HMS Skoda, & all who sink in her.

Edited by Michaelski
spelling mistake

• 1 year later...
On 17/01/2014 at 22:17, crazyash88 said:

Press and hold the right stalk on the instrument cluster and the hours flash. Press stalk to change hours. Press the left to move to mins. Then I think you press the right stalk again. I have only ever changed the hour sorry. But the hour change is correct.

The book says this but with the stalks (I think you mean buttons) the other way round. It also says move the toggle switch on the stalk to the right of the steering wheel first, and there isn't one! SEL/Elegance only perhaps? Anyway, tried doing what the book says and the hour can be changed, but when I press and hold the left button again as the book says it just goes back to time display. In desperation I tried doing it the other way round. Pressing and holding the right button instead of the left. Nothing happens. This is madness! I can change the hour but not minutes!