Need info on onboard computer settings and use

My Skoda Fabia had a flat battery this week and now I have lost the date time settings etc from the on board computer. I have never had to reset these myself and do not know how to do so. Cannot find instructions in the user manual. Any advice please on where I can find out how to reset these and the computer settings generally?

On mine (2008 no maxidot) you twist the trip reset button in the binnacle by the Speedo either left for hours and right for minutes or the other way round, can't remember, rather than pushing it. Hope that's helpful and clear enough!

maxidot? binnacle? Translation needed. When I bought it I think the garage manager showed me the settings by twisting or pressing the end of the stalk on the steering column but to be honest I do not really recall it. 

Edited by honeyrose

Under the central instruments (where the speedo is) you will either have two buttons (one with a folder on, the other with 0.0 on) or the old school push stalk.

Once you are in the computer settings bit, you can jump around the menu with the button on the end of the rght hand stalk (wipers).

Of course, I know how 2010 onwards works - they have the buttons, but if your car doesn't have the buttons, then I am not so sure.

Do you not have the handbook?  Or seached online for a PDF version of the handbook?