Best replacement dampers for a VRS which maintain or improve ride quality?

Not my finding either and they've been on 3yrs. I make sure they're kept clean but I would with any setup. Haven't heard build quality reports from elsewhere, either.

As I don't deem cleaning of fitted shock absorber to be an acceptable normal requirement, mine rusted after being a little under 2 years old. 

KoniFSD.jpg

Note the corrosion on the 2 left rear shocks, the right 2 cannot be seen as they are the insert type, but there is rust to the top of the inserts.

And a few other comments...

http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/topic/158176-koni-fsd-rusting-away/

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?21326-KONI-FSD-Possible-FAILURE-CORROSION

Yep, German sourcing seems to work well for Bilstein kit. Pretty sure a couple of people on here have done that.

Did you try DPM for a quote, and perhaps Larkspeed?

B6's aren't an equivalent OEM shock, as said its B4, B6's are far stiffer with a better rebound.

I had B6's with Eibach pro's the lowest spring Bilstein recommend what a combo it was, wasnt silly low looked fairly OEM but the handling was incredible, if your looking to go lower then B8's 

As previously mentioned if you're after a kit then a B12 pro or sport line is your best option.

B4's are a pretty decent OEM shock my brother in law has them on his Signum (terrible car overall i may add lol) 

I run Koni Yellows on my Elegance hatch with Eibach vRS wagon springs.  1/4 turn off soft at the rear; 1 turn off soft at the front (and about to go to 1.5 turns).

The ride is great.  The roads in Sydney are about as lousy as a lot of the village / c-roads in Southern UK.

FYI B12's from German eBay sellers with high ratings are currently around £500 with fast shipping. That simply can't be matched by any UK seller.

Do you still get decent after-sales service and customer care?