Retro fit footwell lights Octy III

I can be - born and bred in Chesterfield but now over t'other side of the pennines.

I don't get back that often, but will probably be over there a couple of times before Christmas to see family.

Well if I get completely stuck, I maybe calling on your expert knowledge!

Once again thanks!

• Like 1

No offence taken, I appreciate the advice.

I'm always open to help and advice, don't suppose your anywhere local to the Derbyshire area andyvee?

Hi Alex

I am in the Leicestershire area (just off jct 23 M1) and am more than happy to help you with this retro fit. Steve B

Hi Alex

I am in the Leicestershire area (just off jct 23 M1) and am more than happy to help you with this retro fit. Steve B

Thanks, I will see how I go and if I get stuck will give you guys a shout!

Ta da, all fitted and working. Thanks to andyvee I managed to take the car apart and rebuild it with no damage, route all the cables and fit the wiring/lights with no problems.

Thanks also to Ben at shark performance for the coding!

Anyone got any idea why (8)-Interior light; light configuration-Fussraumbeleuchtung on my vrs says ERROR Channel not available?

However, even without coding this I am getting the footwell lights show up under lighting with a slider to change brightness. Is there any other options I should see?

So only from 'left to right' under the dash?

If you imagine the wire loom as a big 'U', that would mean the open part of the u to the rear?

Yes that's it, loom runs behind dash and both tails of the loom run down either side of the car.

Just finished routing the left side of the car. What a ****ty job that is.

Ended up loosening all of the side trim. And then still the wiring was too short.

Think the cable is shoppers to be routed as aa u with the opening to the right, with the cables crossing under the dash and under the seats.

Getting the wire from the door sill to the seat was also undoable. Had to loosen the seat.

Ended up extending the wiring. Not looking forward to route the right side.

• 2 weeks later...

So I've bought a full LED light kit from LED perf (All white LED for interior, except footwell lights - GREEN!). I gather I still need to get the "footwell light kit" from somewhere for the wiring, and then see if I can sweet talk someone here to code in VCDS for me. I will buy a VCDS cable myself eventually, but I think the missus would kill me if I spent any more on the car right now. (I have spent about $1600 AUD - around £850! on various bling/add-ons for the car so far and it's not even delivered!)

Anyway, what footwell light kit would you recommend? I will install everything myself, just get it coded by someone. I gather MY15 cars can be done now? (I hope so seeing how i've bought LEDs already!)

Edit: I see boldsport do the kit.

Edited by GTR27

• 3 months later...

Hi All, Just wondering if anyone else had the problem when retrofitting! The lights work fine, they operate as they should do with the doors and are on but nicely faded with headlights - the ambient mode. My problem is that on the infotainment screen I have the new option to adjust the brightness but everytime I press on it to do so I get the message "Function not currently available" on the screen... any help? Happens with the ignition on, engine on or off and lights on or off!

Thought I'd pop back and update for anyone that may have this issue, left the car locked overnight and the issue had resolved itself in the morning so looks like a control glitch which fixed during its deep sleep.

• 8 months later...

... Connected up to pin 72 ...

First of all thank you for this great info topic. After reading it, I decided to retrofit footwell lights on my Octavia III 1.6 TDI 81 kW Ambition. A already ordered the kit and waiting for it.

In the meantime, I'd like to prepare for retrofitting as good as I can. Reading all the topic it leaves me with one dilemma. After removing glove-box, how do you identify which is connector C pin 72 on the BCM? Is it physically numbered on the controller, or is any scheme for this available?

Also, another question for you or anyone else who could help ;)

1. My Ambition also lacks door warning lights and boarding (puddle) lights. With footwell kit I also ordered one for front door warning lights. As I can understand from Golf VII forums, these are connected to the door controllers. Does anyone have any idea where (connector, pin)?
  2. Later, I'd also like to retrofit boarding lights. Sice I'll be accessing BCM for footwell retrofit, I'm thinking that I could save the work for later and at the same time prepare connections for boarding lights (just to get the cables out and leving them wait until I purchase the LEDs). Does anyone have any idea where do the boarding lights connect (connector, pin)? I'm guessing it's BCM also..

Thank you for your help!

Nobody know anything about this? Does anyone have the wiring diagram for 5Q0 937 086 AH CECM and door controler?

These may help you a little bit:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6981097-My-MK7-GTI-quot-Build-quot-roger2050/page49

http://www.uspmotorsports.com/downloads/M001-Instructions.pdf

• Like 1