instrument panel erroneous readings

regards 

I have a bad contact in the instrument panel, when you buy the car worked 3 months ago I stopped working 

rev counter has the following symptoms: no brand revolutions but if it hits the steering wheel or hitting the instrument panel, it works for 1-5 minutes, sometimes does nothing 

Gas meter: mark a wrong reading, if you take no matter how much fuel says half tank, when you start the car says E (lights orange light) goes all the way down is never stable ... sometimes without fuel, shows half tank or other times says E 

I searched diagram electric cables that send the signal to the instrument panel of 2000 skoda felicia glx carburetor for review 1 by 1, nothing found any diagrams or anything regarding this. 

What I can do?

============================================================================================

Saludos 

tengo un falso contacto en el panel instrumento, cuando compre el auto funcionaba hace 3 meses dejo de funcionar

marcador de revoluciones tiene los siguiente sintomas:  no marca las revoluciones pero si golpea el volante  o golpea el tablero de instrumento, funciona por 1 a 5 minutos,  a veces no hace nada

medidor gasolina:  marca una lectura erronea, si echas combustible no importa la cantidad dice 1/2  tanque, cuando arrancas el auto dice E (enciende la luz naranja)  todo el camino sube baja nunca es estable... a veces sin combustible, muestra mitad de tanque o otras veces dice E

yo he buscado diagrama electrico de los cables que mandan la señal a este panel  de instrumento del skoda felicia 2000 glx carburador para revisarlo 1 por 1, no he encontrado nada ningun diagrama o nada referente a esto.

¿que puedo hacer ?

Tachometer (RPM counter) random malfunction is one of those little annoying things that come with a Felicia ownership. Fortunetely the solution is simple. You have to resolder two 'cold' joints on the instrument panel PCB (see photo below). You to clean and tin also the middle round copper trace indicated in the same photo.

tacho_repair_zps9985c294.jpg

Fuel gauge malfunction

Check the fuel sender for a smooth, continous travel of the cursor. If that doesn't solve your problem, check for good contact between fuel gauge and PCB. If you still have problems, there is something wrong with the fuel gauge circuit on PCB. The bad news is there is no schematic diagram. I asked all over the world without any luck. Skoda factury eplied the schematics are secret :)

In case you have enough free time, you can reverse engineer the schematics for the fuel quantity gauge. Skoda designed (or borroeed from VAG) the most overkill circuit for it: one quadruple comparator IC (LM2902N, 3 transistors, 2 diodes, 17 resistors, and 6 condensers. The photo below is showing the area of interest.

fuelq_zpscdd68b28.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi,  I cleaned the contact  in the PCB, but when i tested continuity the tester readed a open circuit, so, I soldered a wire to other point in the PCB and the copper contact (showed in the picture) and the VDO works fine.

Thanks a lot to adurer for the repair, and RicardoM for asking.

___

Hola, limpie el contacto de la bornera del tacometro, pero no habia continuidad entre la bornera y la placa, por lo que solde un cable entre la bornera y otro punto y funciono perfectamente. Puede ser una puesta a tierra del tablero, o un punto frio de soldadura, en un Fabia que tuve (de inyeccion electronica) el problema fue la bobina, interferia con todo lo electrico (no es tu caso). 

Edited by cesarbogota

• 3 years later...

What exactly are you looking for? There are no photos in that account.

Edited by RicardoM