Fitted new DRL bulbs

chris c

• 1 year later...

So I originally had the Mtec bulbs that died after six months (or something like that), then got the same LED lights as above, which yes look horrible but do have a nice light. However, I just noticed that some of the LED's are flashing like Christmas tree lights.... if I wait a good 3-4 minutes they come on solid but I am concerned that it might look like I am flashing someone and will probably put the stock ones back in (unless there is a new recommendation on here)...... 

In March I bought these from HIDS-Direct (R580 W21/5W White 60W Cree-XBD SMD 12*5W Canbus) and very pleased with their whiteness and brightness.  Mind you, at £18.55 EACH  when I bought them, I must have been mad!!

post-99780-0-81720400-1472297346_thumb.jpg

post-99780-0-64142400-1472297648_thumb.jpg

Edited by JimmyR

The old LED DRLs were indeed rather ugly but I believe the new ones are less so?  I think they look pleasingly 'industrial" and "interesting" in the same vein as Dyson vacuum cleaners, for example.

However, I didn't fit them for their looks, I fitted them because they are much brighter than the original LEDs as these new ones are CREE technology.

I forgot to say that they are completely plug & play unlike some other that I ordered from another company and had to send back.

post-99780-0-06780100-1472499552_thumb.jpg

post-99780-0-57965500-1472499552_thumb.jpg

post-99780-0-12190200-1472499553_thumb.jpg

post-99780-0-62112300-1472499553_thumb.jpg

Edited by JimmyR

• 3 weeks later...

*cough cough* has LED's and has done without any issues for a year

Ordered the HIDS Direct LED bulbs linked to earlier in the thread. (http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/r580-w21-5w-canbus-27-smd-5050-led-bulbs-pair-white/) Although they now look different and they are £15 a pair now.....

Will fit them to the mrs' new Citigo when she collects it on Friday.... Just wondered if anyone has any issues with them causing any issues with the reflector? i.e. clouding etc....

Edited by WaveyDavey

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just for reference, the MY17 Citigo uses H7 bulbs (not including the LED DRL's), so you will need 4 x H7 bulbs if you want to change them all over. I mistakenly ordered H4 bulbs, thinking that was what was needed, went to fit them this weekend only to discover the car has H7 bulbs fitted. Doh!:emoticon-0101-sadsmile:

I won't get a chance to fit new bulbs until the following weekend but I'll get some pictures posted once fitted.

Edited by ncd