[How to] Full LED upgrade from halogens (Rapid production year MAY 2013)

Cown

• 1 month later...

Just a little update.

It turned out that the LED's from Philips were too bright and i wondered a lot about it. Turned out that the breaking side of the socket which is only suppose to give 12V when you are actually breaking, was bleeding about 2V all the time. The reason is because a halogen bulb has a lot of resistance and hence will not be affected by this. The LED on the other hand was trying to compensate by giving the crystal some extra juice and therefore making it more bright than it actually should. 

I solved the issue by adding 2 resistors to each lamp. I used 25W and immediately there were no problems. I don't actually have any pictures, but i'll try to get some when the weather gets better. I also added a resistor to the fog light socket, which was also bleeding 1.7V. I do have pictures of the resistors:

03.JPG

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

This guide is a basic upgrade to LED from halogen bulbs.

But... You should tell as that your LED are for off road use only... not road legal... and expensive as well...

But... You should tell as that your LED are for off road use only... not road legal... and expensive as well...

Thanks and not illegal in Denmark. Also, if you think it's expensive = don't buy. 

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 21/04/2014 at 10:28, Cown said:

I also had the bulb out error removed via VCDs. It only took about 60 seconds for a friend of mine. 

How he made that possible? I’ve been trying a lot to take a bulb warning from led drl that I installed