Tyre fitters who do not mark your alloys (and those to avoid)

Gizmo

I've just had a good job done by tyresonthedrive for 4 new tyres. Suspect this will be somewhat down to the fitter and the care they take but not a single mark anywhere, professional and efficient. Convenient too getting them done in the work car park whilst at work.

• 1 month later...

I have recently used and highly recommend Tyremen in Hull.  They mounted 4 x Rainsport 3's onto my brand new OEM Nivalis wheels which have a diamond cut finish to them.

I watched them do all 4 and inspected and they were perfect.  Even the wheel weights were straight and lined up!

They actually sell wheel tyre packages online and when I rang in advance and hinted i was a picky customer the chap said 'its in their interest to do a good job and not damage them' --- Good point :)

Top marks!

Tyremen

Witty St,

Hull

HU3 4TX 

01482 328800

I had  4 tyres fitted at Costco Oldham and soon after noticed around the valves the alloys were damaged !

• 4 weeks later...

I note that both Mytyres and Blackcircles currently use Formula1, local to me in Chesterfield. 

Apart from not asking me what tyre pressure I wanted earlier this year, they are recommended. 

• 2 months later...

I've used F1 AutoCentres in Chesterfield as they are also the cheapest for tyres (cheaper than anyone I've tried online) but they put some big and deep scratches inside my rims where they scraped the old weights off.

• 4 weeks later...

SMS in Dumbarton (beside Dumbarton Central railway station). The first time I was there they were quiet, and 5 of them including the manager descended on my car. I had 4 new tyres, new valves and balance checked in about 10 minutes, and they regularly deliver that sort of service.

• 3 months later...
On 12/04/2014 at 21:19, rover220 said:

Stafford Tyres

Gaol Rd, Stafford ST16 3AN

01785 256243

Good prices, top of the range equipment and happy to fit self supplied tyres.

They also take very good care of your wheels.

Gonna keep these in mind, had 2 asy 3's fitted at Hi-q recently and they have chipped the laquer in 2 places on my otherwise perfect wheels. Bit late to complain now as i didnt spot it until i cleaned the car. Gutted.

• 1 month later...
On 16/10/2018 at 14:40, ckyliu said:

I've used F1 AutoCentres in Chesterfield as they are also the cheapest for tyres (cheaper than anyone I've tried online) but they put some big and deep scratches inside my rims where they scraped the old weights off.

I don't learn do I? Went to F1 Auto Centres again as they were by far cheapest. Same problem, see pictures below. Also was there for 90 minutes for just two tyres despite an appointment, because they got it up on a ramp and checked the alignment which I already knew was out and didn't have time to get done! If only they'd spent more time being careful not to damage my wheels, then I'd be happy. Didn't bother mentioning the scratches to them as I don't think they'd do anything and I don't have the energy. Whilst my fronts are a bit kerb, this is still annoying.

DSC_1612.jpg

You are concerned about a scratch on the inside of the wheel rim behind a spoke and beside the brake disc?

You would need an endoscope to see that which I presume you used to take the photograph.

At least I think that is the brake disc on the top left of the image, - how did you take the photo?

Edited by J.R.

Good point, thats where the powder coating is bubbling on my wheels.

19 hours ago, J.R. said:

You are concerned about a scratch on the inside of the wheel rim behind a spoke and beside the brake disc? You would need an endoscope to see that which I presume you used to take the photograph. How did you take the photo?

Like others said, it's going to let water in and cause the paint to blister, so now I have to go over it with some lacquer and hope. To take the photo I simply shoved my entire phone in next to one of the wheel spokes (and you know how big modern phones are, far from an endoscope), but with the wheel rotated correctly it's still quite noticeable when your stood up beside the car and indeed I noticed it as soon as I got the car home from F1 Auto Centres.

And I definitely can't unsee it! I might not have noticed on silver wheels, but sticks out like the proverbial sore thumb on my grey ones.

Edited by ckyliu

• 4 weeks later...

Can reccomend them. Doing tyres change, alloy ballancing and wheel alignement there on both cars. They never failed me. The only downside is the fact that they are so busy, that you probably will have to wait even if you have an appointment on hour. Still worth it, and pricing is great.

Tyres R Us Ltd
Unit 3 Moor Ln, Birmingham B6 7AQ
0121 356 3387
https://maps.app.goo.gl/492cXTqwaZoyLXjm8

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I've just ordered a set of All Season tyres.

Hopefully they will arrive within the next few days and I will then need to get them fitted.

I have already looked on line and phoned a few tyre fitting outfits and the prices range from £7 per tyre up to £20 per tyre.

Known for being tight fisted, obviously the £7 appeals to me, but not at the risk of having the tyres or wheels damaged.

Any recommendations for tyre fitters within the Redditch/Stratford area would be much appreciated.  

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/11/2019 at 17:30, Skobia59 said:

Hi,

I've just ordered a set of All Season tyres.

Hopefully they will arrive within the next few days and I will then need to get them fitted.

I have already looked on line and phoned a few tyre fitting outfits and the prices range from £7 per tyre up to £20 per tyre.

Known for being tight fisted, obviously the £7 appeals to me, but not at the risk of having the tyres or wheels damaged.

Any recommendations for tyre fitters within the Redditch/Stratford area would be much appreciated.  

Thanks.

I had the set of All Seasons fitted last week at Protyre in Alcester.

Cost to fit was £60 and I was happy with the service that I received.

• 5 months later...

Try this - Boss Touchless Tyre Machine at Blackboots Chesham, they fit tyres automatically without bars or levers.

From their site "  The fully automated lift removal and fitting service caters for today’s bigger rims and wider tyres. The wheel is held securely and the tyre removed effortlessly. Refitting the tyre is like magic: no damage to the rim or your tyre"

https://blackboots.co.uk/the-boss-touchless-tyre-machine/

Boss Automatic Tyre Fitting Machine at Blackboots Tyres Chesham

• 10 months later...

Just had another brilliant job done at WHEELS UK, located in Coventry. 

New wheels fitted. 

They do a top job on repair and refurbishment on alloy wheels. 

IMG_20210301_114641.jpg

Edited by NZ100
+

• 6 months later...

Thumbs up 👍 for Tyre City in Eastbourne.  Had to purchase online to get the right price, but once I'd pointed out I was prissy about my alloys, the chap explained what they'd do to ensure the wheels were not marked and they were true to their word.  My alloys left the centre in the same condition they went in.

Gaz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

If you’re in the SELondon area, can thoroughly recommend Blackheath Tyres SE3 8SY. Had a full set of CrossClimates fitted and balanced by their two guys inside 30 minutes. (Tyres were bought off-line through Camskill who were offering them at a decent price along with a Michelin cashback deal).

Have used them several times over the past couple of years, very friendly, very professional and at £18 a wheel perhaps not the cheapest but I’d rather pay that than go to the lads in the high street.