Tyre fitters who do not mark your alloys (and those to avoid)

Gizmo

If there is no interest then I will unpin the thread and let it naturally die out, but for those who are OCD about their wheels and do not want them butchered by the local tyre monkey  :wall:  here is a list of those to use (personal experiences only please... lets keep it factual) and those to avoid.

I intend this to be a national list.

Recommended:

Elite Direct Ltd - I have used them several times (last time was approx. 5 years ago though) and they have always been spot on with very competitive tyre prices to boot.

Elite

136-138 New Road

Rainham

Essex

RM13 8DE

------------

Lepsons Tyres - I have used them twice after wheels have been refurbished and as expected the wheels were immaculate.

Lepsons Tyres

Unit 1 Railway Street Business Park

Railway Street

Gillingham,

Kent

ME7 1YQ

----------

Those best to avoid: (who have personally damaged wheels and the outcome - did they repair the damage etc):

• Like 2

Recommended:

Chemix - Halesowen

http://www.chemix-autocentres.co.uk/detailshalesowen

DTE Motoring Centre - Halesowen

http://www.dtemotoringcentre.com

e-Tyres - Walsall.

Used all of the above and never had any issues with damaged wheels. Chemix and e-Tyres i've used multiple times and DTE only once.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've had no trouble with any of the Pro-Tyre branches, have used Fareham, Portsmouth and Winchester (Micheledever Tyres) over the last 10 or so years. Oh, and Event Tyres were good too for those wanting a mobile service. Not had any marked or damaged alloys from all the above, but I guess it depends on how well the fitter has been trained and how well they look after their equipment!

• 3 weeks later...

Normally get tyres from Camskill or Mytyres then get my cousin to fit them even though he is a Kwik Fit monkey, he knows better than  to damage my alloys :giggle:

Have also used Prestige wheel refurbishers in Stockport who did my wheels, good service from them.

• 2 weeks later...

Gizmo

Please add

Newton Tyre Centre

Unit 3 Alfred St

Newton Le Willows

WA12 8BH

tel 01925 292323

www.newtontyres.co.uk

Brilliant service and prices. They have great equipment that goes nowhere near your tyres

Chip

• 1 month later...

One to avoid is situated in Cheriton (Folkestone) they are a small family run business and have damaged all 4 wheels. 

They have since changed names from Cheriton Tyres to someone who ‘FIX TYRE’(s) 

Edited by Gizmo

Excellent idea this. Those that haven't done so please add your saints and sinners. I'm due to get SWMBO Seat rebooted soon so will add a review after.

I highly recommend:

Your Tyres & Autocare

Unit 13

Little Tennis Street

Nottingham

NG2 4EW

01159 585 317

fitted my in around my work commitments, ordered the tyres i wanted and managed to get them in 2 hours. Workshop was clean and tidy and they took great care with my car. Will be going back!

I can recommend Demon Tweeks in Wrexham who supplied and fitted 4 Toyo T1-Rs for me 2 weeks ago.

The price was easily the cheapest I could find, the service was questionable (receptionist took a 2-minute personal call while serving me...) but most importantly they didn't damage any wheels. If the price is right, I'll go there again  :thumbup:

• 3 months later...

Usually very good and helpful: PTA Motorsport Oxted

But today they replaced a winter tyre and seem to have scuffed the wheel whilst balancing it.

Reluctant to let this one bad incident off set all the good ones....Sigh.

Used a few times now

Smart Repair Company Ltd

Unit 4a,

Brymau 3 Trading Est,

River Lane,Saltney,

Chester. CH4 8RQ

01244 683283

Hours:

Mon - Fri: 9am - 5.30pm

Sat: Closed

Sun: Closed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Knaresborough tyres have moved to new premises on the St James Retail park.

They have a new Tyre Fitting Machine, once the wheel is clamped into place nothing touches the wheel apart from the tyre. no fitting/removal bars, nothing.

Was highly impressed when I had 2 tyres fitted. Internet prices also

I've used both Derby branches in the past of ETS (Eden tyre sales) excellent service. The one in Upperdale road took time to check the alloys with me before they fitted tyres (just to highlight any scratches/marks before they put tyres on) and showed me the fitted tyres/alloys afterwards before I paid.

http://www.edentyresales.co.uk/

Also I had Nick fit me some Kumhos to my Mx-5 alloys. The alloys were pretty much new and he took care when fitting. He's pretty much Northampton based, a mobile unit but I caught up with him at Donnington Park to get my tyres supplied and fitted. He'll do most makes, not just Mx-5 at good prices.

http://www.motmotorsport.co.uk/

• 2 weeks later...

PTA Motorsport Oxted. For tyre fitting I am afraid it is an Avoid. I went to fit my winters this morning and found that in transferring from steels to alloys, one tyre was on the wrong way around.

To their credit they swapped it and balanced it free of charge BUT they scratched the alloy AGAIN [emoji35]

Used Watling Tyres in Redhill a couple of times and never really had a problem with them, though the last time i was there, one of the guys tried to take my alloy. I'd gone to swap a tyre from one alloy to another, came out to find only my alloy with tyre fitted but no sign of the other, asked where it was and he says, "Oh, i left it over here as i didn't think you would want it", to which i just said "Of course i want it"!!

• 2 months later...

Recommended:

Chemix - Halesowen

http://www.chemix-autocentres.co.uk/detailshalesowen

DTE Motoring Centre - Halesowen

http://www.dtemotoringcentre.com

e-Tyres - Walsall.

Used all of the above and never had any issues with damaged wheels. Chemix and e-Tyres i've used multiple times and DTE only once.

+1 for DTE at halesowen