Malvs Magic Black Furby

FurbyItself

So this is the first time I've posted like this, so please bare with me. I bought this car in November of last year with 72k on the clock.

After a while away from VAG cars, I knew it was time to return. Having just bought a house, I found myself dealing with an 80 mile round commute to work. So the Fabia screamed out to me.

So far I love it. The torque keeps a smile on my face. Now as previously mentioned, I have just bought a house, so the the performance side is being left alone... For now. I would imagine next year this might change. ;)

On the aesthetic and functional side of things, so far I've done the following:

-Fitted Bosch flat blade wipers
-Fitted Alpine Double Din Headunit with hands-free.
-Detangoed the front clusters
-Fitted some uber bright headlights
-Fitted Team Heko wind deflectors.
-Washed, polished and waxed... A few times.

I also have the following waiting to be fitted:

-New style Skoda badges
-Cupra Splitter
-New set of wheel nuts
-Plastidip for the God awful chrome grill.

Please feel free to leave feedback as I try and keep this post up to date. The pictures I've attached are of the car as I got it.

• 4 months later...

It's been a while since I've posted, but having recently had a few days off I've finally gotten round to doing a little bit of work.

The rear door seals had been leaking (shocker) and so i had some pretty nasty water marks. I could have cleaned them up, but seeing as though they were a bit tatty anyway, I managed to get a set on here off of kr04s broken furby. So after sealing the doors and replacing the cards, its looking nice again.

The wheels were well past their sell by date, the last owner must have had a fetish for kerbs? So a quick trip to Danum Powder Coaters in Adwick (Doncaster) saw them transformed from the standard silver to a gun metal grey. Partner that with the new style black centre caps, they're not looking too shabby. I can't recommend Danum enough they do some really top notch work.

I also managed to finally give her the clean she deserved. Full interior blitz, followed by exterior wash, rinse, wash, rinse, dry, clay, wash, rinse, dry, glaze, wax. Took a while, but she's never been so shiny. =)

• 1 month later...

Managed to pick up a set of leathers for the Furby this weekend. Originally they're out of a Merc of some description they're going to need a little bit of fettling to get them to fit, but it'll set the car of nicely. Just need to find a decent welder to give me a hand. On another note, I could do with some donation frames if anyone has some knackered seats they want rid of. Any way here's what they're looking like. DSCF1458_zps9b6bdc2d.jpg

So, other than the future seats, I've done a little bit of work on Furby since I last posted pictures. Some of the things I've done are in a previous post, but I've stuck them in again because I've now got photos to match. I've removed previous pics due to number plates, but this is up to date as of today.

A quick list includes;

-Alloy Refurb by Danum Powder Coaters in Adwick. They've done an amazing job on the standard wheels which are now gun metal grey. To top them off, I added the new style badge for the wheel centres.

-Added some Thule Roof bars. (Keeping an eye out for a roof bar fairing if anyone can help?)

-Added a boot buddy to stop our four legged children from ruining the trim.

-Wired in an infinity basslink sub for some much needed bass. Cracking little unit for a little umph. Certainly not a bone shaker, but a top product.

-Sourced some replacement rear door cards after I had the dreaded leaky carriers. The damp left a nasty water mark. So after a bit of plumbers gold and some replacement cards, they're like new again.

-Fitted a Cupra Splitter.

-Treated her to a full service. The inside of my disks are starting to corrode (nothing serious), so I'm looking out for an upgraded set up for when the time comes.

Thats all I can think of at the moment. Keep an eye out for the seats to be fitted. I've got the fronts sussed, just figuring out how I'm going to do the rears. Let us know what you think. Enjoy the pics. Oh... And I know it needs a clean.

Before splitter.

DSCF1464_zps4448a827.jpg

DSCF14621_zps503b3aa0.jpg

DSCF14631_zpsd4254093.jpg

After Splitter

DSCF14661_zpsc1c935c0.jpg

DSCF14651_zps7e3d4bc6.jpg

Few shots of the boot. It's looking neat.

DSCF1469_zpsb4c6fd4a.jpg

DSCF1468_zps75bd5ec3.jpg

DSCF1467_zpsb05ba263.jpg

DSCF1471_zpsf6d4677b.jpg

On further investigation, the seats I have bought seem to be awfully similar to some Audi TT ones I've seen. I'm not entirely sure why the seat base has a Merc Serial No. It doesn't make any difference to me really, just wondering whether anyone can share any knowledge on them?

Well on Friday this week, I picked up a donor set of seats for a really good price. I know they're off a Fabia 2 and the covers are awful, but the frames are what I was after.

DSCF1473_zps5e7cad7a.jpg

I instantly started ripping the rear seats to pieces to nick the back frame of the donor set. I then set about making the cushions from the leather set fit. The electric carving knife worked a treat.

DSCF1477_zps561d4faf.jpg

As you can see, I had to cut a channel out for the support bar in the donor frame and also cut a piece out for the seat belt.

DSCF1478_zps68edcacb.jpg

Once it was all cut, it was time to try and fit it all together. With a little bit of fettling and stretching, it went together nicely.

DSCF1475_zpsc64e33cb.jpg

DSCF1479_zps9722cb44.jpg

DSCF1480_zpsd516597c.jpg

Once the back pieces were fitted, I had to make holes in the leather for headrests and a centre seat belt which were't originally on the leather set. I also had to adapt the seat locking point to match the Fabia ones. It was time for some precision tooling. ;)

DSCF1481_zps1b8ed6af.jpg

Almost cut all the holes needed.

DSCF1483_zps266d3f28.jpg

The double seat ready for fitment against the donor single.

DSCF1485_zps74d627f8.jpg

The same process was followed for the single piece. Here's what they looked like without the bases.

DSCF1489_zps986288b5.jpg

DSCF1488_zps94ab327e.jpg

I have also completed the bases and fitted them, although I don't have any pictures. It started raining before I had a chance, But keep an eye out for the up and coming pictures of the full rear interior and eventually the front to match.

So I'm currently waiting on the fabricators to make my brackets for the TT front seats. I was wondering whether anyone has successfully connected the seats heater elements up in a Furby? Also, for some reason I didn't put this photo up the other day. Yes, I know she needs a wash.

DSCF14721_zps2f17873c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well this past friday I managed to get the TT front seats fitted. I really like how they look in the car. They're quite comfortable as well. All in all, well chuffed for the price I paid for the full set. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures at the moment, but I will take some this weekend if possible.