Lowering my Citigo

NatD

Hello, I have had my citigo for 5 month now and I'm looking at modifications. I was curious to see if anyone knows how much it would cost for me to lower or 'slam' my citigo. Thanks.

not a fan of lowering,

some cars look ok, but not sure the citigo is one of them

also where would you stand on warranty having change / modified major suspension components?

• Like 1

not a fan of lowering,

some cars look ok, but not sure the citigo is one of them

also where would you stand on warranty having change / modified major suspension components?

You'll have to read the warranty agreements, but my guess is it'll be void.

Don't Skoda lower the car on some trim levels anyway?

Beware on lowering, I've already touched a speed ramp with the front valance of the car, well the rubber splitter thing underneath. I'm always careful now when approaching anything that looks a bit on the high side, but I'm used to it with My MX-5 and you have to declare it on your insurance.  

Hello, I have had my citigo for 5 month now and I'm looking at modifications. I was curious to see if anyone knows how much it would cost for me to lower or 'slam' my citigo. Thanks.

This might give you an idea of what's possible at the cheap end of the coil-over market? 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-UP-2011-FK-AK-Coilovers-/251486939752?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AVW|Model%3AUP&hash=item3a8dca2a68&clk_rvr_id=611154848343

• 1 year later...

ours has eibachs, skoda approved, warrenty intact, 20 mm lower... not slammed, but looks good :)

Picture please :happy:

Friend of mine, Adam's, Citigo is 'slammed'. Don't think he's on this forum, but here it is to get an idea. 

11260520_1159581860734651_96923687983562

Incidentally, he uses FK Coilovers, and 15mm spacers on the rear I believe? Not sure about the spacers, but pretty certain on the coilies being FK's

Edited by Camlep

I WANT, I do have spacers, but currently waiting for some new bolts to arrive.. 

Friend of mine, Adam's, Citigo is 'slammed'. Don't think he's on this forum, but here it is to get an idea. 

11260520_1159581860734651_96923687983562

Incidentally, he uses FK Coilovers, and 15mm spacers on the rear I believe? Not sure about the spacers, but pretty certain on the coilies being FK's

eec.jpg

• Like 1

The easiest way to look at it is to look at another sport, then try to picture it 5mm lower, it really won't be that much different I believe, mine isn't a whole lot different compared to a sport, you can't really tell it's been lowered

Greentech is 15mm lower when it comes out from the factory:

DSC_0125_zps7iwprtrv.jpg

ac487029-1610-499c-a36b-71c218029298_zps

That's more than enough.

Edited by Emil

Greentech is 15mm lower when it comes out from the factory:

DSC_0125_zps7iwprtrv.jpg

ac487029-1610-499c-a36b-71c218029298_zps

That's more than enough.

yes, and chuck in some 17" rims and it will look even lower