Post your Detailing Product or Gadget Recommendation here

ChrisRs

It occurred to me, that there are many questions and threads about how good a product is, but no real thread specifically drawn up to place a recommendation or experience of it for all to see easily

So ...This thread is to recommend a couple of products that you have found particularly good and want to recommend to others.

After all...this section, like others it to help members and not to self congratulate!

I'll begin: (Please copy and paste your recommendation in the format below)...ONLY 2 MAX PER POST PLEASE

Product: Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer

Reason: Simply the easiest and best beading Quick Sealer you can buy!!

Product: Carbon Collective Platinum Ceramic Wheel Sealer

Reason: The best wheel sealer I've ever used and simple to apply..Lasts 2 years!!

Please provide a link where others may wish to buy. Thankyou

• Like 1

Reason: The best wheel sealer I've ever used and simple to apply..Lasts 2 years!!

Product: chemical guys Woolley mammoth drying towel

Reason: nothing I've tried drys anywhere near as well

Product: dodo juice supernatural hybrid

Reason: it's easy to apply and remove and leaves a great seal. Topped with sonax it's a winning formula.

• Like 1

Reason: it's easy to apply and remove and leaves a great seal. Topped with sonax it's a winning formula. 

Product: Gtechniq C2v3

Reason: Very easy to apply, lasts several months but when diluted can be used as a drying aid of QD to top up the protection. 

Product: Bilt Hamber Autowheels 

Reason: Wheel cleaner and iron fallout remover in one, no need to agitate really, just spray on, leave for two minutes to dwell and pressure wash off. 

• Like 1

Product: Gtechniq C2v3

Reason: Very easy to apply, lasts several months but when diluted can be used as a drying aid of QD to top up the protection. 

Product: Bilt Hamber Autowheels 

Reason: Wheel cleaner and iron fallout remover in one, no need to agitate really, just spray on, leave for two minutes to dwell and pressure wash off.

Product: Boiled Linseed Oil

Reason:  It's great for exterior plastic trim and gives it a natural finish.  it's cheap and a litre bottle will last for years.

• Like 2

ONLY 2 PER POST PLEASE

OK, I will follow.

Of course my recommendations don't have as much value to them though.

Product: Farecla G3 Body Prep Clay mitt.

Reason: Easy to use, cheap, can be used with a car shampoo as lubrication, great results.

Product: Autoglym High definition wax.

Reason: Easy to use, comes with everything you need to apply and buff off, enough to last an age.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Product: Any Chemical Guys premium air freshener and odour neutraliser, special mention for stripper scent

Reason: the quality of these air fresheners is simply a world apart from most spray car scents, the options are excellent from classy Mangocello to fun Chuy Bubblegum, they kill stale odours and last well. A 500ml bottle will last an age. Spray on headlining, parcel shelf and passenger foot wells to get the most from this.

Product: Autobrite Cherry Glaze

Reason: Ratio of ease of use to outstanding results is beyond explanation. Utterly love this stuff as a pre-wax cleanser, prep-polish, all in one, trim rejuvenator. This is a supreme utilitarian product that just gives and gives, use by DA for endless working time or by hand for wipe on/wipe off bliss.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Product: Bilt Hamber AutoBalm

Reason: Rediscovered recently...Absolutely awesome Sealer with filling ability should it be needed and unbeatable durability and anticorrosion abilities

http://www.bilthamber.com/media/downloads/21/Autobalm-Single1-297x210_1_.pdf

Product: Bilt Hamber Auto Clay (Soft)

Reason: The best clay I've ever used and simple to use with soapy water.

http://www.bilthamber.com/media/downloads/3/autoclay_tec.pdf

• Like 1

Product; Autosmart Tardis.

Reason; spray or dab the liquid onto the tar spots, leave to dwell for a few mins, then wipe off. The easiest way to remove tar spots. Simples

Product; X-Hose (50ft)

Reason; Never under estimate a hose that doesn't kink, and it shrinks back down to a really compact size that is also very light when you've finished with it. My best purchase this year so far.

Product: 303 Aerospace Protectant 

Reason: Incredibly versatile product that can be used on trim, interior, engine bay etc. Easy to use, spray on, wipe off. Gives a great a finish just how it would look when new. Repels against many things like dirt and oil. Beads well. And also protects against UV. Have used many similar products but nothing comes close to this IMO.

Product: Meguiars Super Degreaser 

Reason: Great product for removing those slightly tougher deposits. When cleaning up my brake calipers etc. It removed deposits with ease that APC just couldn't touch. Also works out relatively inexpensive,  even at the lowest recommended dilution ratio.

• Like 1

Product: Any AutoGlym product

Reason: For the starter detailer the AutoGlym range offers excellent value for money and is widely available in the high street. Super Resin Polish should be in everyone's kit.

Product: Aquapel

Reason: Excellent rain repellent, lasts for months and is easy to apply.

Product: Home Made Swirl Finder Torch ( as seen here: http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=205820 )

Reason: Excellent at finding swirls! Cheaper than the 3M Sun Gun. Wouldn't be without it when polishing and inspecting paint.

Product: FinishKare 1000p Hi Temp Sealant

Reason: Very hard wearing, multi use, relatively cheap to buy and the tin lasts AGES.

• Like 1

Product: Autobrite Foam Lance

Reason: Excellent preforming foam lance and super reliable! (just purchased a spare yesterday in fact)

I have been using a cheaper eBay lance the last 18 months - but much lower quality and not worth entertaining.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=206996

Product: Britemax Metal Twins

Reason: Great product for chrome exhaust tips and metal detail. Easy to use, great results with minimal effort.

http://www.ishinecarcare.co.uk/Britemax_Metal_Twins_Polish/p1755065_10239282.aspx

• Like 1

Product: Autofinesse Crystal Clear

Reason: Best smear free glass cleaner I have used to date. Beads water really well when driving at speed in the rain.

Product: Gtechniq Zero Scratch Microfibre Drying Towel

Reason: Excellent drying towel, fantastic at absorbing water! Makes you wonder where it all goes!

• 2 weeks later...

Product: Dr Beasley's Wheel seal.

Reason: this could be the best and easiest way to seal your wheels whilst still on the car, spray on, work around the wheel with the edge of a MF, go around the car and on the second pass, use the clean section of the same MF to lightly buff off the residue, epically easy.

Oh and it is track suitable as ultra high temp resistant. Genius.

• Like 1

Product: Nigrin Performance wash and wax turbo.

Reason; the result of using it once was simply brilliant. Could this be the best 2 in 1 product?post-111009-0-82657400-1403273864_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Product: Wolfs Chemicals Blackout

Reason: This is quite simply the best tyre dressing I've ever used. It has incredible beading properties. After a month and 2000miles the tyres are still beading away and are still a good shade of black. Simple wipe on and let it dry. Easily outlasts the likes of Meguiars Endurance. Has definitely earned its place as a permanent fixture in my detailing army. 

• Like 4

Product: Angelwax QED

Reason: Price & it's a proper QD...not a spray sealant

Product: Pete's 53 wax

Reason: Excellent "show" wax for under £30.00, easy on & off. I have used £200.00 show waxes in the past & this is as good, if not better

Product: Britemax Clean Max shampoo

Reason: Excellent shampoo with great cleaning capabilities, good dispenser & very little is needed. Suds up well.

• Like 1

ooops sorry, just seen the OP only wants 2 per post (not really sure why), but to level it out to 4 in 2 posts

Product: Metro Blaster Sidecick dryer

Reason: Much easier to handle than a dog dryer, long cable, very powerful

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Product: Autobrite Direct FAB cleaner

Reason: Works great at cleaning fabric seats/door cards etc even when diluted at 1:10

Product: Nano Pro foam wax applicators

Reason: Quality is far superior to the cheap ones from China

Product: Definitive wax Show Edition

Reason: Oozes quality, not only with the presentation case but the wax is easy to apply, easy to buff off and gives a good "wet" look, ideal for shows

Edited by NorthernMonkey
  • Like 1

Product: Autobrite Direct FAB cleaner

Reason: Works great at cleaning fabric seats/door cards etc even when diluted at 1:10

Product: Nano Pro foam wax applicators

Reason: Quality is far superior to the cheap ones from China

Product: Definitive wax Show Edition

Reason: Oozes quality, not only with the presentation case but the wax is easy to apply, easy to buff off and gives a good "wet" look, ideal for shows

Assume its ok to comment on these recommendations Bob? Great selection- you know your stuff!

Planning to try Autobrite FAB - heard and read many good things on this.

Already talking with Marco on Nano Pro applicators  :yes:

Definitive Wax...... simply awesome  :thumbup:

• Like 2

Product: Dooka wash pad

Reason: best I've used. The large holds loads of water and the wheel pad is really useful as you can get into the awkward bits brushes etc can't reach

Product: Valet pro ph neutral snowfoam.

Reason: A reaaly good snowfoam that produces a thick foam, smells nice and is a good price too. Using this as a prewash removes dort that would otherwise get trapped in your wash pad or mit.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Product: Mesto Foamer 1.5L

Reason : Great little pressure sprayer for anyone wanting to snow foam the car with no access to pressure washer or at a show and shine competition just add a cap full of snow foam solution and off you go.

Product : Bedazzled Tar and Glue remover

Reason : From a local detailing company near wakefield called inspired automotive I've used autoglym products for the last ten years but for removing tar & glue nothing beats this stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Product: Farecla G3 Scratch Remover Paste

Reason: Because it works? Sarcasm aside, I am a sceptic when it comes to some of the claims made on products like this. That said, I cannot fault the paste, it works brilliantly. Two or three pea sized blobs and with enough elbow grease you can remove light scratches and scrapes (do the finger nail test) completely and any deeper scratches and scrapes (finger nail runs into them rather than over them) they are barely noticeable. See my project thread for before and after pictures of this paste in action: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/325297-jonathonos-fabia-mk1-vrs/

Product: Faregla G3 Applicator Waffle Pads

Reason: A must if you are using the above product. I tried two alternatives but didn't quite get the same results. Washed these waffle pads out a couple of times and reused them already and still getting fantastic results. Worth every penny.

• Like 1

Product:  CarPro BOA MF buffing cloth.

Reason:  Great product, ultrasoft and plush 350gsm edgeless buffing cloth. Been using for a few months now, they wash well and perform superbly! Cheapest from CarPro direct with their discount code.

Product:  Farecla G3 Body Prep Clay Mitt.

Reason:  Claying has never been so easy. Included in the Halford's 3 for 2 deal, easy to use, re-usable/washable and a great innovation for sure! It has a thread all to itself - but thought to add it to this sticky thread for easy look-up and new members.

• Like 1