Post your Detailing Product or Gadget Recommendation here

ChrisRs

This is a great idea for keeping the door open, but sturdy when polishing. Cheaper than the Kamakazi one, link added for the lazy ones that can't be bothered doing a Google search (joke) :)

http://www.petsperfect.co.uk/products/mary-ray-cool-dog-lock?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=674503309

So how do you find it?

Is it light?

Is it easily removed?

This is a great idea for keeping the door open, but sturdy when polishing. Cheaper than the Kamakazi one, link added for the lazy ones that can't be bothered doing a Google search (joke) :)

http://www.petsperfect.co.uk/products/mary-ray-cool-dog-lock?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=674503309

Nice one - thanks for posting Bob; spotted a couple of pictures of this on the other forum this morning.

Ordered!  :thumbup:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Nilglass. 500ml squeeze spray bottle, approx £3.50

I needed a very strong glass cleaner to cut through the grime on my windscreen, I was recommended this stuff by a feller that does window tinting on cars, my border collie likes to put his nose up against the window a lot, plus he likes to lick the windows too when they are damp, and as you know doggy snot is one of the strongest things known to man! I've tried other glass cleaners before and they've been a total waste of time, but this stuff is very good, I think it's mainly used by double glazing installers to be honest but it does a very good job of cleaning automotive glass and mirrors. I used a damp microfiber to apply it, waited for the solvent to partially evoparate, then used a dry microfiber to buff it off. It dried totally smear free

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Product: Autobrite Cherry Glaze

Reason: Ratio of ease of use to outstanding results is beyond explanation. Utterly love this stuff as a pre-wax cleanser, prep-polish, all in one, trim rejuvenator. This is a supreme utilitarian product that just gives and gives, use by DA for endless working time or by hand for wipe on/wipe off bliss.

I used this for the first time over the weekend. I'm no detailer just clean the car and apply this, the car is shiny shiny now. Paintwork is almost like a mirror, and so easy to do.

Edited by nickgpfc
  • Like 3

I used this for the first time over the weekend. I'm no detailer just clean the car and apply this, the car is shiny shiny now. Paintwork is almost like a mirror, and so easy to do.

Its a great product for the price..... a little goes a long way; and so easy to use! :thumbup:

Product:

Big Yellow Drying Towel

Reason:

A superb advance in drying towels - compact and easy to use.

Sucks up the water easily and works especially well using "pat-dry" method.....ie. no dragging or movement required.

So good - i just ordered another one.... :thumbup:

Buy here:-

http://www.prestigecarcareshop.com/store/p2/Prestige_Car_Care%27s_Legendary_%22BIG_YELLOW%22.html

or direct (with Paragon logo stitching):-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Microfibre-Diamond-Weave-Drying-Towels-Car-Towels-Car-Drying-Towels-Valeting/321737652025?_trksid=p2047675.c100012.m1985&_trkparms=aid%3D444000%26algo%3DSOI.DEFAULT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D30109%26meid%3D23a8132a386c4f568e197b0e0e16deb7%26pid%3D100012%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D321706302261

s114525446222732727_p2_i5_w160.jpeg

• Like 3

Product:

Adam's Big Yellow Drying Towel

Reason:

A superb advance in drying towels - compact and easy to use.

Sucks up the water easily and works especially well using "pat-dry" method.....ie. no dragging or movement required.

So good - i just ordered another one.... :thumbup:

Buy here:-

http://www.prestigecarcareshop.com/store/p2/Prestige_Car_Care's_Legendary_"BIG_YELLOW".html

s114525446222732727_p2_i5_w160.jpeg

Awesome towel, my CG Wooly Mammonth is now redundant.

• Like 1

Product:

VAX Car Cleaning Kit - vacuum accessories with case

Reason:

A superb little kit to help get the interior of the car clean - even in all the little nooks and crannies.

Useful crevice tool and mini add-ons all in a custom carry case

...for £14.99 delivered - great purchase.

Buy Here:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAX-Vacuum-Car-Cleaning-Kit-Accessory-Brush-Tool-Cleaner-Cloth-Interior-Valet-/310889590442?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item486276aeaa

$_57.JPG

• Like 2

you might want to consider something over the top if you havent already to extend the protection.

you might want to consider something over the top if you havent already to extend the protection.

Oooh, reading the guff on the bottle suggested that it provides protection so I assumed that was good enough. Any recommendations and how soon should I be trying to do this? With the sunny (and dusty) weather recently the car has already picked up some particles...As previously stated, I'm no detailer!

Edited by nickgpfc