Post your Detailing Product or Gadget Recommendation here

ChrisRs

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Product: Collinite 845 Insulator Wax

Reason: Easy to apply and can even apply to glass and plastic trim without leaving any marks.

Product: 3M Clay bar

Reason: Best clay bar I have used, takes off tar and bugs with ease.

Product: Autoglym Super Resin Polish

Reason: Easy to apply and buff off and the shine is brilliant

Product: Wurth Active Glass Cleaner

Reason: Spays on as a foam and doesn’t leave any streaks or residue  

Product: G2 Clay mit

Reason: Makes claying an already well treated car a doddle, a car with extra contaminated paint may need the old school clay bar.

Product: Meg's tyre dressing applicator

Reason: super easy to apply your chosen tyre shine, no mess, no fuss.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

poor boys - white diamond polish

whilst this is not a true polish in the diminishing abrasive compound sense, and has fillers it still does a very impressive job by hand at making your paint look good. got some nice reflections in the paint last night - even got my golf in shot too

DSC_0139.JPG

DSC_0140.JPG

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Gtechniq I2ab Triclean. 

Great for cleaning and anti bacterial wiping of all interior surfaces. 

Especially doors where there can be various substrates on one panel from. 

s5AtLKNl.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Picked up a few £2 large microfibre cloths from wilko

I was impressed, theyre good at drying the car, work as well as my autofinesse deluxe towel 

Highly recommended as a first drying towel or large microfibre

For £2 you cant go wrong, if they get dirty or contaminated they wont be a shame to let go

http://www.wilko.com/car-cleaning/wilko-microfibre-cleaning-cloth-large/invt/0344800

• 4 weeks later...

Received my first becauseracecarbox so i thought that ill leave a detailed review

This monthly subscription is a great way to try out new products, being a surprise as you dont know what to expect makes it even better. There a few detailing products included to try out and a few extras, a lanyard cloth and an air freshener. By subscribing to becauseracecarbox  you will be able to try out multiple products to find what works for you.

Buy yours here

https://www.becauseracecarbox.com/

IMG_5247.JPG

Product: Soft 99 Fusso light, 

Reason: Used for the first time last weekend it was so quick and easy to use, and the gloss it leaves is fantastic

61tN6i-oXPL._SX522_.jpg

Product: Meguiars Endurance tyre gel

Reason: Easy to use looks good and the looks lasts well

538645?w=637&h=403

Product: Bilt Hamber Autowheels

Reason: Yet again so easy to use, just spray on agitate if needed leave for 5 minutes until it bleeds then wash off, look amazing afterwards

auto_wheel_1.jpg

Edited by negaultra7
update
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

Product: Jayswax ceramic wax (50ml)

Reason: Used for the first time on Saturday & boy o boy what a fantastic wax to use, easy to apply & even easier to buff off, no effort required, used a orange Korean 400gsm to remove, definitely a wax in my top 3, great gloss depth n shine, now just waiting for some good amount of rain to check the beading, there was a little amount of rain today on my car & the bonnet did bead nicely, nice formed beads but want more rain to take a proper picture.

I'm seriously thinking to only keep this wax & another 2 different brands in my collection & sell off my other waxes in-turn to purchase a 200ml version of the Jayswax ceramic wax B)

JW%20Sample%20pot%20(2)-900x900.jpg

EDIT: That's not my picture, it's just to show the product.

You can buy it from here

http://www.jayswax.co.uk/product/jayswax-sio2-ceramic-wax-50ml-pot/

but check ebay for bidding wars to win one of these fantastic waxes at a great price.

Edited by BATVANVRS
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Product: Soft99 Fusso Dark. http://nipponshine.com/shop/body-sealant/879/

image.png.8df0b6ea5a482b27302aca63803b3a69.png

Reason: the closest thing I've come to a self-apply ceramic sealant for amateurs like me. Apply thinly, wait 10-15 minutes and remove. Fantastic shine and beading, and great longevity so far.

Product: Poorboys Black Hole Glaze. I got mine here http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/poorboys-black-hole-glaze.html but it's available from many other places.

image.png.868616f4d3a61aafd3c6e5609a9f62f0.png

Reason: incredible masking of swirls and small scratches on my quartz grey car. Easy on, easy off and the results are transformational.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BriskodaJeff said:

Product: Soft99 Fusso Dark. http://nipponshine.com/shop/body-sealant/879/

image.png.8df0b6ea5a482b27302aca63803b3a69.png

Reason: the closest thing I've come to a self-apply ceramic sealant for amateurs like me. Apply thinly, wait 10-15 minutes and remove. Fantastic shine and beading, and great longevity so far.

Agreed, purchased some and only used it as a test on the bonnet so far, but its been 2 months and theres still a healthy amount of beading (even with one coat).  The suggested usage, is one coat, wait 24hrs and then re-coat.

I REALLY need to clay the car and use some SRP (or some Soft 99 420 wax/polish combo which I accidently bought when wanting the Fusso Coat - nipponshine were very good in saying that instead of sending it back, they'd knock 50% off so I could keep it!).  I might wait until I've bought a DA though (my birthday next week :) )

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve tried out new formula Gtechniq Exo v4 a few weeks ago, recently I had the car back for a maintenance detail. Its an amazing product! The beading abilities are crazy. So easy to wash after application I just hope that it’s a genuine 18-24 month coating. Here’s a pic.

064C75C0-08CB-4081-B27D-F74E58BD76B7.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/07/2018 at 21:34, Brownbear said:

I’ve tried out new formula Gtechniq Exo v4 a few weeks ago, recently I had the car back for a maintenance detail. Its an amazing product! The beading abilities are crazy. So easy to wash after application I just hope that it’s a genuine 18-24 month coating. Here’s a pic.

064C75C0-08CB-4081-B27D-F74E58BD76B7.jpeg

Likewise - grabbed a bottle of EXOv4 in the recent launch offer.

Not done the whole car as yet - but fitted new mirror caps & coated!

Superb water behaviour and makes it easy to wipe off the bugs as well.

Very easy to use and overall a very impressive product.

• 9 months later...
On 14/11/2017 at 19:16, negaultra7 said:

Product: Soft 99 Fusso light, 

Reason: Used for the first time last weekend it was so quick and easy to use, and the gloss it leaves is fantastic

61tN6i-oXPL._SX522_.jpg

Product: Meguiars Endurance tyre gel

Reason: Easy to use looks good and the looks lasts well

538645?w=637&h=403

Product: Bilt Hamber Autowheels

Reason: Yet again so easy to use, just spray on agitate if needed leave for 5 minutes until it bleeds then wash off, look amazing afterwards

auto_wheel_1.jpg

+1 for Fusso, however if you have a dark coloured car get the King Of gloss. here's mine after having it added and getting caught in the rain.

IMG_8817-Edit.thumb.jpg.b0bb2740122790176bc97978e63ba6e8.jpg

• 10 months later...

Product: Chilly Bottle

Reason: This 1 and 3/4 pint bottle will hold and keep warm (by which I mean literally the same temperature as you put it in) 4 cups of tea for 12 hours! Not sure about anyone else, but I lose a fair chunk of time making myself a cuppa 😊 This bottle will also keep it as cold as you put it in for about the same time. 

771255D0-F060-4DCF-8BF0-886AF0010B33.jpeg

Edited by jars

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...