Changing Felicia / Favorit Gearbox Oil + changing gear selector shaft oil seal. Includes how to check gearbox oil level.

R_U_AFA

If your car has air con you will need to undo the speedo drive from under car as air con heater box covers your easy access to this and you need to add some hose on the end off a funnel to fill gear box back up... bet theres not many around with air con...

• Like 1

Saw this made up by bowders1 (credit due there) http://s257.photobucket.com/user/Bowders1_2008/media/VRS%20Maintainance/VRS%20Replace%20Gearbox%20Oil/2013-05-18111921_zpsbc186244.jpg.html

Could make something up like this if struggling for room to fill up gearbox, it's something like what uma1998 describes.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

the allenscrew in the centre left of the toppicture , what use does this have?

I can't find anything about in Haynes

Edited by jawi

• 1 month later...
On 1/20/2018 at 23:03, jawi said:

the allenscrew in the centre left of the toppicture , what use does this have?

That is a screw that holds a very important part inside gearbox. It is the part that springs back the gear shifter to neutral position.

• 1 year later...

Hi AlI 

I have just done the shifter shaft seal on my 94 Favorit but I am having huge trouble getting the new spring pin in. Any tips or suggestions.  Just can't seem to align, hold the pin and hit hard enough with the hammer all at same time

Cheers

• 3 years later...

My gear selector shaft seal has started to leak again. So that's about 40,000 miles / 8 years that it has lasted, and that is with the protective gaiter.

Also this might be a bit late for wesacosa, but a pair of waterpump / alligator pliers can help getting the pin in.