Savilles Garage

Yes Mate. That's the place. What I found rather odd was that if you looked at both Savilles and Trust skoda in Stourbridge the space, facilities and general standards of presentation at Savilles is so much better yet it's Savilles that have left the brand! While I was there the 'detailer' turned up and was giving a car the hosepipe and sponge treatment in the middle of the turning space outside the main entrance and he made no attempt to move when I came out which didn't impress me either as there was room for him to do his stuff away from the customer parking area. Next stop All Electic at Kings Heath to see what they are like......

I've had good experience of Trust Skoda at their Redditch site. Both in terms of buying the car and the subsequent 2 services. Each time a clean courtesy car was provided and my own washed and vacuumed.

I've had good experience of Trust Skoda at their Redditch site. Both in terms of buying the car and the subsequent 2 services. Each time a clean courtesy car was provided and my own washed and vacuumed.

Thanks, I'll have a trip over there too as it's about the same distance

Yes Mate. That's the place. What I found rather odd was that if you looked at both Savilles and Trust skoda in Stourbridge the space, facilities and general standards of presentation at Savilles is so much better yet it's Savilles that have left the brand! While I was there the 'detailer' turned up and was giving a car the hosepipe and sponge treatment in the middle of the turning space outside the main entrance and he made no attempt to move when I came out which didn't impress me either as there was room for him to do his stuff away from the customer parking area. Next stop All Electic at Kings Heath to see what they are like......

Offered more money I expect...

Customer parking? I just about found somewhere to park but I don't think I was supposed to park there... If I had had Jennie with me in her wheelchair I would have just driven in and straight out. They really need to move somewhere larger. Having them as our local Motability dealership is a joke... Try the Skoda dealership just outside Worcester, they are quite a nice bunch if my time with the Roomster was anything to go by, the only one I've found so far where after sales was as good as pre sales!

• Like 1

Well test drove the Dacia Logan and ordered one on PCP, utter bargain, reminds me of where Skoda was 15/20 years ago, great value for money and as usual Savilles Sales service was top notch.

Still will take the remaining Skodas in the family fleet there and the non-Skoda (Chevy Spark) we also bought from Savilles but sadly we must take one of the Skodas to the "also ran, still Skoda" dealers as it has a service plan that still has one service to be taken so has to go to remaining Skoda dealers, gulp.

Looking forward to a test in the Clio RS sometime soon as a replacement for Fabia 2 VRS as Skoda have pulled out of the hot hatch segment and particulatly the new Cup 220 sounds a fun machine, lower CO2 and runs on regular grade petrol, happy days.

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up my Dacia Logan (Laureate petrol with Media-Nav) today.  What a revelation.

Seemed even better than the test drive.  Would not believe it is 900 cc.  So much torque from 1700 rpm.

Controls are quite different and the satnav, media etc will take some learning for Someone not use to Renault tech.  

Huge space, very cheap to tax, insure and run and a joy to drive.

Savilles were immaculate in their facilitation of the purchase and the remaining Skodas will still be serviced by Savilles until replaced or whatever.

If only everything in life was as good as this dealer's customer care !      

We ended up with a Twingo with the 0.9 TCE engine and its a great little lump, especially in a light car. Very pleased with it.

Even in the largish Logan the 0.9 TCE seems to cope well.

Still "running it in" but you can feel plenty of torque there, feels more like a 1.6 natually aspirated if not a 1.8.

0-60 is 10.7 seconds and top speed, where roads allow, 110 mph, so plenty really.  Probably would noitce a significant dip if you had 5 adults and/or 400 kgs of luggage in its 573 litre boot but there is such a wide spread of torque I do not think it would need that much gear changing.

Top gear is indicating 25 mph per 1000 revs so again amazingly low for such a small engine, 75 mph therefore 3k revs with it possible to rev to 6K in the lower gears.

No road tax in first year and only £35 after that.  Having just road taxed a fabia 1.2 HTP, which costs £130 pa, and only does mid 40s mpg, Dacia/Renault engine is a delight.

It's a similar 0-60 time but a lower top speed in the Twingo which doesn't affect us at all.
More importantly it's completely free road tax each year unlike the 11 year old Punto 1.2 it's replaced that was about £140.

In the first 300 or so miles we were showing 53mpg on the trip computer which seemed fine.

Just did the the first decent trip today in the Logan ie 120 miles to Stoke and back.

Computer showed 56 mpg so with the 11 gallon tank that give a pretty good range of over 600 miles.

See that the service distance is actually 12500 miles ie 20k kilometers rather than 12k miles so nice to have another 500 miles to play with.

I think the 15* wheels look a bit small so 16" from the Stepway with summer tyres and winters on the 15* rims maybe.

Cruising at 70 mph was quite (manual says keep under 3K revs for the first couple of hundred miles).

Getting to grips with the SatNav, Phone and media screen which all seems fine.  Have not sorted out the Criuse control or TPM so need to check the manual not so intiutive as the other features.   

• 2 weeks later...

Those rpm/speed figures are the norm for top gears these days, some with the 6 and 7 gears get as low as 2100rpm...

I think its a bit early to comment on fuel consumption, most cars will do decent consumption at the lower speeds/revs when you first buy a car, also how accurate is the computer! Come back when you've done a few thousand miles including town and city work and tell us the figures then!

Those rpm/speed figures are the norm for top gears these days, some with the 6 and 7 gears get as low as 2100rpm...

I think its a bit early to comment on fuel consumption, most cars will do decent consumption at the lower speeds/revs when you first buy a car, also how accurate is the computer! Come back when you've done a few thousand miles including town and city work and tell us the figures then!

To me what is remarkable is that the petrol Dacia Logan, a fair sized estate car, does it with a 900 cc engine.   5th is really quite an overdrive.  Had 5 adultss in the car yesterday and it still pulled fine around town.

Expect it will display at least the quoted fuel consumption on the computer which I would not be suprised if it was optimistic by 2-5% as they usually are.  Manfucturers figures are 56.5 mpg combined and 65.7 mpg extra urban.   I often take the A road route rather than the longer, but usually quicker, Motorway route and that helps get one closer to the extra urban rather than the combined.

City mpg has been close to the urban cycle ie 44 mpg which is sort of painful but if I am only doing a mile or two, and if I can, I would opt for using the 1 litre natually aspirated corsa/spark machine as that warms up to operating efficiency even quicker than the Logan.

Super pleased, except for the steering wheel feel which needs a soft cover and to do somthing about the tyres and/or tyres and wheel ie move to 195s or 205s as the 185s look way too skinny on quite a big car.  Still have not figured out cruise control and have not used the eco button for any length of time which does alter engine as well as other paramenters and supposedly can help up to 10%.

Chuffing chuffed, so much like the old Felicia practicality and value for money.  Well done Dacia and Savilles who had to swap one of their incoming Renaults with another dealer to get me the Logan Laureate TCE with Media-Nav! 

I've not been since they stopped being a Skoda dealer so I'll have to pop in to say hello. I won't be after one myself but they could be a good option for the kids when they need transport.

I've not been since they stopped being a Skoda dealer so I'll have to pop in to say hello. I won't be after one myself but they could be a good option for the kids when they need transport.

Having had several VRSs, and a couple of L&Ks, the Dacia line is clearly on for the replacement for the utilitarian end of the market except for the Duster which is attracting sales from many at the lower end of the 4x4, 4x2 followers as it also incredibly value compared to anything else.

I am looking to chop in my Fabia 2 VRS shortly and as Skoda have decided to pull out of the hot hatch market I have been looking around for a replacement and Renault Clio RS with either 200 or 220 hp is a natural contender.

Savilles have not decided to go for the RenaultSport side of things yet.  The showroom revamp will have a 12 car showroom I gather and all the high tech configuration suite of iPad etc.

Renault will be launching the new Megane next year of which there will be an RS version of course wich will aim to recover The Ring record from the Civil R which it held until a few months ago.

Nissan-Renault-Dacia is the forth largest car group in the world and several launches including the Renault version of the Quasqui, is expected to further increase market share as well as Dacia taking the position in the market Skoda had as the brand with the lowest pence per mile in sector.

It was a tough choice for Savilles to end it long relationship with Skoda but the general decline of dealerships relationship with Skoda UK, as seen in the car dealerships network survey putting Skoda in the bottom 4 of dealer-national franchise relationship leagiue and bottom in some catergories, and the move to corporate chain dealerships rather than family owned firms, made the decision a logical one a Dacia-Renault the right choice IMO.

We will probably hold on to at least one of the Skodas for another year or two until time to change it but at the cheaper end Dacia fits the bill, "You Do The Maths", and a RS, either Clio or Megane, will fit the bill for the hot car I think, something a bit different after 20 years of Audis, SEATs and Skodas.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have done 1500 miles, in two weeks, in the Dacia Logan (Laureate TCE 90 with Media-Nav).   What a car.  Averaging about 57 mpg, it is the petrol one not the diesel, seemed to vent fill a bit so looking like about 700 mile range.  Performance is just incredible for only 900 cc.   Quitely cruising at indicated 75 mph at 3K revs.   Stick it in forth and it spins up to three figures (kilometers per hour Officer, ahem) with willingness.

Worked out the (Renault) Media-Nav system for USB ie just stick in the memory stick use to use in the Fabia system,  Sat Nav OK good in most respects, not sure how to get the best if you just have the postcode.  Only couple of thing I not so keen on is the steering wheel is a bit thin for my massive paws so a steering wheel cover needed, Father's Day present maybe, and the wheels bug me as the 15" alloys look small for a 4.5 metre long and tall car.  Would have tried to get the 16" off the Sandero Stepway perhaps with 205s on it.

Again it just raises the question of how can you get so much car for £10K from Renault/Dacia when others look at charging £13k,£14, £15K?   Very very pleased with Dacia and Savilles service.

Fabia 2 VRS to go back to Savilles soon with its near 100k miles, I will miss many of it attributes (not the fuel/oil consumption, small boot, no fog lights etc etc).  Fabia HTP will still go to Savilles for service and looking forward to the time I can order my fun Clio RS, 220 hp version hopefully.

• 1 month later...

I have used savilles garage for over twelve years, just bought our ninth car

we have bought a dacia because we still wanted to use them and being

very local to us always first class service from Patrick and is staff.

Stuart & Faith Withers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have used savilles garage for over twelve years, just bought our ninth car

we have bought a dacia because we still wanted to use them and being

very local to us always first class service from Patrick and is staff.

Stuart & Faith Withers.

Looking to get some of those nice Stepway wheels for my Logan as the 15" ones just let the car roll too much plus look silly on such a big car.   Patrick, Mark and Richard are just what you want from a local garage, First class indeed and worth the journey oout from Worcs, a part from just how much brilliant value the Dacias are and the brilliant design of cars like the electric Zoe (they are seeting up a charging station).  Completely understand the move away from Skoda-VAG to Dacia-Renault.

Nearly 5K miles in the Logan now, 55 mpg, smooth, relaxed driving at whatever speed. Worth trying the TCE rather than the diesel as it is still economical and zippy too and £1k cheaper, (plus £500 extra at the moment), do not know how they do it, suppose they are establishing the brand like Skoda was twenty years ago and hence an absolute bargain.

• 2 months later...

Big Dacia and Renault event at Savilles this weekend.

Still got one Skoda so that will continue to be serviced here plus the other non-Skoda-Dacia when services and MOT needed.

Done 10K miles in the Logan, awesome, cruises at indicated 80 mph no problem (even on eco setting).

New Eur6 Renault engines in Dacias now lower the CO2 and upping the power and torque as well as improving fuel consumption plus stop start FOC.

EDC (like DSG) Duster out soon, the brand (Skoda of the 21st century) goes from strength to strength.

• 1 month later...

Had my 2yr old Superb serviced at Savilles today.

Excellent as always. Prompt, polite, efficient and very price competitive.

Service "par excellence" (they now have the Renault franchise).

Can only recommend them as highly as possible.

• 3 weeks later...

Had my 2yr old Superb serviced at Savilles today.

Excellent as always. Prompt, polite, efficient and very price competitive.

Service "par excellence" (they now have the Renault franchise).

Can only recommend them as highly as possible.

Ditto re above.

Still have the Fabia done here but get Savilles to do the other make servicing as well ie GM/Chevy and the Jaguar as well as the Dacia/Renault of course.

It is difficult to see how they can improve as they are Five Star already in my book.

It will be interesting to see when to the full refurbishment to accommodate the electric cars ie Zoes and the high tech digital lounge which Dacia/Renault dealers are due to install.    Match that with the lead in value ie the Dacia brand (22 p per mile in comfort), new technology coming such as the Duster etc with TCE/TSI and EDC/DSG combo and I cannot see anything on the horizon to match Savilles or the Dacia/Renault offering.    

• Like 1