Savilles Garage

• Administrators

Welcome to Savilles Garage, a family owned business.

We are Skoda retailers. We sell new and quality used Skoda motor cars together with a large selection of previously owned cars.

We are situated just outside Kidderminster at Mustow Green where the A450 and A448 meet, within easy reach of Bromsgrove, Stourbridge, Stourport-on-Severn, Droitwich and Worcester.

Savilles Garage

Mustow Green

Kidderminster

Worcestershire

DY10 4LG

Tel : (01562) 777077

Services

New Vehicle Sales

Used Vehicle Sales

Uses Savilles several times for both servicing and bought a few new and second hand cars and this dealer stands out for me as both highly competant and the highest possible level of customer service. 

Use other Dealers in Gloucestershire and Worcester area but these are the stand out guys for me.

I've bought 2 Skodas from here and have been very impressed with this dealership and Patrick Sword is very helpful and knowledgeable. It's a family owned business which makes a pleasant change from the faceless multifranchise dealerships which seem to be the norm these days and you're treated as an individual customer who they genuinely want to please.

• 1 month later...

I have used Savilles for all bar one service and a set of tyres previously which were pleasant experiences. The last visit a few weeks back was disappointing in that I was made to feel as if I was doing them a favour by having a service there. It just seemed a bit too much trouble on a Friday afternoon. Perhaps just a one off.

• 3 months later...

Visited Savilles and had a test drive with Patrick Sword in a 3 year old Fabia Estate with 2K on the clock, engine bay & condition very good.

Would only give 6 months warranty (non Skoda)

He & I agreed a px deal with my car (C2 Citreon) & I left £250 deposit.

Returned to try and renegoiate but Mr Sword was adamant that I had signed and that was that,

Explained that a vehicle 3 years old with 2k was unheard off.

He demanded £6 per day for storage fee plus any loss in sale.

I have handed a letter to them that now not intrested in that vehicle & require my deposit back (£250)

Have purchased a Fabia from Listers (Coventry) what a difference in dealerships

• 3 months later...

I understand that, as from 11 January 2015, Savilles will no longer be a Skoda dealership. They will be aligned to a French brand instead.

Shame as servicing there was always good.

I understand that, as from 11 January 2015, Savilles will no longer be a Skoda dealership. They will be aligned to a French brand instead.

Shame as servicing there was always good.

First Shock of 2015, that is pretty dumb of Skoda IMO as Savilles were one of the main reasons I bought Skodas over the last ten years.

I gather they are going to be Dacia and Renault which seems a good choice to me.

They will still service Skoda cars but we will have the interesting choice from value Dacia cars to hot Renault-sports Clios etc.

I have just picked my car up following a service and some warranty work being carried out. I was very pleased with the customer service from Richard Williams, absolutely excellent. As lol-lol and kevberlin have mentioned they won't be a Skoda dealer after this week. I think this is a great shame!

As you see from my location I am in Mid Wales and work in Ludlow so this was the nearest dealership. Im not sure what I will do now as I had mixed experiences with Oswestry and Faintree (many years ago!)

I have just picked my car up following a service and some warranty work being carried out. I was very pleased with the customer service from Richard Williams, absolutely excellent. As lol-lol and kevberlin have mentioned they won't be a Skoda dealer after this week. I think this is a great shame!

As you see from my location I am in Mid Wales and work in Ludlow so this was the nearest dealership. Im not sure what I will do now as I had mixed experiences with Oswestry and Faintree (many years ago!)

Continue to get the Skoda serviced by Savilles.

Then get a Dacia Logan, Duster or a Renault (Clio RS for me) from Savilles when it comes to change. 

That is what I will be doing.

Yes it made me think that way, particularly as Skoda is getting so expensive :thumbdown:

I spent £774 today! The same in the summer too.

The reason I need to keep going to dealers is I took out an extended Skoda warranty, so any warranty work has to be done by them, though they are getting harder to find. I originally had the car from Mitchells in Cheshire who are also good. Its just a long way, particularly from Ludlow!

Savilles were the main reason I bought my 1st then 2nd Skoda, so I wasn't impressed to hear this news either. Savilles will be ok no matter what cars they sell as their customer service is 1st class. Now there's just a 'choice' of large multi dealerships in Worcestershire. Cheers Skoda.....

• Like 1

Savilles were the main reason I bought my 1st then 2nd Skoda, so I wasn't impressed to hear this news either. Savilles will be ok no matter what cars they sell as their customer service is 1st class. Now there's just a 'choice' of large multi dealerships in Worcestershire. Cheers Skoda.....

I will not be buying another new Skoda, and I have bought around 20 of them since the mid 1990s and I certainly do not want to deal with Trust, or Blade or any of those multi-branch corporate entities so hence time to move on and even more reason is that Skoda seem to have lost their way with the product either producing parts bin throw togethers or relatively expensive bland cars and with no Fabia 3 VRS the choice is made for me to move on to another marque.  Czech people are lovely but VAG have progressively destoyed the Skoda character through corporate blandness and now are rolling that out to the UK dealer network too.

• Like 2

I phoned SUK this week on the premise of finding out where I could get my last free service, but all I got was the corperate answer that with the range expanding all the dealers must have sufficient showroom space to display all the models. Individual dealers customer ratings seem at best secondary on Skodas list of priotities. Times they are a changing.....

• Like 1

I will not be buying another new Skoda, and I have bought around 20 of them since the mid 1990s and I certainly do not want to deal with Trust, or Blade or any of those multi-branch corporate entities so hence time to move on and even more reason is that Skoda seem to have lost their way with the product either producing parts bin throw togethers or relatively expensive bland cars and with no Fabia 3 VRS the choice is made for me to move on to another marque.  Czech people are lovely but VAG have progressively destoyed the Skoda character through corporate blandness and now are rolling that out to the UK dealer network too.

I will probably keep mine for longer than intended and get another bike instead so I guess it could be worse. I got on really well with both Richard and Mark in service and Patrick was always a pleasure to deal with, whether I was after a new car or just having a browse, so I'll probably go there for my servicing after my last freebee from Skoda. The new R1200R looks interesting.... 125ps in a naked bike, proper usd forks, brembo brakes and lighter than the other r1200's

I will probably keep mine for longer than intended and get another bike instead so I guess it could be worse. I got on really well with both Richard and Mark in service and Patrick was always a pleasure to deal with, whether I was after a new car or just having a browse, so I'll probably go there for my servicing after my last freebee from Skoda. The new R1200R looks interesting.... 125ps in a naked bike, proper usd forks, brembo brakes and lighter than the other r1200's

I have enjoyed all the Skodas I have had but the Clio RS looks like a fitting replacement for my Fabia VRS and maybe a Logan as a workhorse lugger.

Just bought a Delkavic slip on for the SV650s which is a nice agile bike to ride though a bit of a pain being such a prone riding position and enjoy the riding posiiton on the Gladius.

See my next bike as the MT09.  Superlight, great handling, rider can choose the mapping when starting off each time ie if dty or wet.  What I saw the Dark Side stunt rider do on it was amazing. 

Rode a R100RS a couple decades ago.  The opposed piston flat design just keeps go on even after 90 years!

I have enjoyed all the Skodas I have had but the Clio RS looks like a fitting replacement for my Fabia VRS and maybe a Logan as a workhorse lugger.

Just bought a Delkavic slip on for the SV650s which is a nice agile bike to ride though a bit of a pain being such a prone riding position and enjoy the riding posiiton on the Gladius.

See my next bike as the MT09.  Superlight, great handling, rider can choose the mapping when starting off each time ie if dty or wet.  What I saw the Dark Side stunt rider do on it was amazing. 

Rode a R100RS a couple decades ago.  The opposed piston flat design just keeps go on even after 90 years!

I'm stuck with something Octy sized because I need the big boot, but the Clio does seem a natural choice for you. Can't make my mind up on the bike front ATM though I'm not planning on buying one this year anyway.

First Shock of 2015, that is pretty dumb of Skoda IMO as Savilles were one of the main reasons I bought Skodas over the last ten years.

I gather they are going to be Dacia and Renault which seems a good choice to me.

They will still service Skoda cars but we will have the interesting choice from value Dacia cars to hot Renault-sports Clios etc.

I'd been told by a couple of other local dealers that Savilles were going to lose the Skoda franchise soon, and I can't say that I'm surprised.

Before I bought my last Octavia I wandered in and asked about a test drive and was told there was no car available, and if I came back in a couple of weeks they "might be able to help".

No attempt to take my details or anything else - just boredom and disinterest.

Will be interesting to see if they make more of an effort with the new franchise (or indeed if they have any clearance skodas....)

I'd been told by a couple of other local dealers that Savilles were going to lose the Skoda franchise soon, and I can't say that I'm surprised.

Before I bought my last Octavia I wandered in and asked about a test drive and was told there was no car available, and if I came back in a couple of weeks they "might be able to help".

No attempt to take my details or anything else - just boredom and disinterest.

Will be interesting to see if they make more of an effort with the new franchise (or indeed if they have any clearance skodas....)

Most reports I have heard rate the service fellows, Mark and Ricard, very highly, as they do the Sales Manager Patrick Sword whose family own the business.

I have not dealt with any of the other sales guys who I sometimes see are there and they do seem to change now and then but I have never dealt with them so I cannot comment on them but the long service people there I can happily say are the most helpful and pleasant people I have met in the industry I have dealt with in 35 years of buying and servicing about 50 cars (we have 4 at a time between us) from various delears in the West Midlands and Savilles are head and shoulders about any other whether buying a Skoda or one of their non-Skoda non-new cars.

Looking forward to the shift to Dacia-Renault and to continue with good honest motoring from Dacia and fun from Renault.  One of the many fun videos for RenaultSport etc....