My "marmite" Yeti

Here's a photo of the dash in all it's glory from the driver's side - the piano black fascia really does look like it was meant to be there all along!

2m4bq6w.jpg

• Like 2

As stated earlier, some interesting tweaks, but a few cosmetic alterations do not turn it into a vRS, a model which doesn't even exist

The vRS badges are, to be ruthless, a bit embarrassing :(

Have a look at BossFox's thread for something approaching Yeti vRS status

• Like 1

Thanks so much for all your effort in making this project.

Honestly it looks fantastic! I actually don't mind the vRS badges as it's totally unique. Who cares if the model doesn't actually exist - it's not like you've added them to your 1.2 gutless tsi! I think it adds to the Yetis' flare. 

Loving the blacked out wing pillars - really goes. 

Paddle shifters on a Yeti, that's different, too much effort for me though. 

Like the small details, chrome rings around the cup-holders are a great idea and look good. 

• Like 3

Today's little mod... changed the basic black buttons for these nicer ones with the little silver edging:

mbmqug.jpg

I also gave it a good clean inside... realised I'd not photo'd the picnic tables - hadn't noticed they actually have a little hook underneath them!

i1y52a.jpg

Sadly the weather was not good enough for me to get around to fit the side mouldings today.....

I bought the cheaper version. They are a perfect fit though come with no instructions or any clue as to which way round they fit. But the cost saving over the genuine ones was too much to ignore and they certainly look like original equipment once fitted.

If you look under the sill you will see a row of about 9 torx screws. The skirt comes with 7 pre drilled holes for these screws. You remove the middle 7, offer up the side skirt and screw them back in place. Then you have a choice of how you stick the upper lip to the sill. I used trim tape though if you prefer you could use a mastick such as silkoflex.

Seems a very good & secure fit - just make sure the arrow on the skirt goes to the rear of the car - it is to signify the rear jacking point.

• Like 3

I do like your steering wheel. I quite fancy one of those. I'm also grateful that my car came with the aluminum trim.

On the other issue, if I were you, I'd get the car remapped.

TBH still resisting the temptation to get it remapped. I have not found the performance wanting as yet.

And then there is the thorny issue of invalidating warranty if I do map it.

Brimma, is that the wife hugging the Yeti in your Avatar.

Thanks for that useful post that's so relevant to this journal.

Could you not have contacted the other member via PM?

• Like 1

Brimma, is that the wife hugging the Yeti in your Avatar.

No, it's a vRS Roomster ;)

Not the wife either actually, now I come to think of it

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

[so yesterday another batch of parts arrived - including this:

34sqr8w.jpg

I have offered it up to the car and it looks to be a good fit. The question is... leave as silver - which matches the rear diffuser & sill protection mouldings, or paint black - to match the roof & the window pillars...

25u1rvc.jpg

Comments & thoughts welcomed & encouraged!

Very nice, You've obviously spent a lot of time money & effort on your new Yeti. I like the black top with a white body & all the other personal touches you've done. The only no no for me would be the Vrs badges, but each to their own on that one. Love all the photos.

• 2 weeks later...