Fabia VRS MK3 - if it were made, would you consider buying?

Fabia VRS MK3 poll.  

211 members have voted

1. 1. If a MK3 Fabia VRS were made, would you buy it? If so, which model?

VW have got enough on their plate at the minute to start thinking of building a relatively low volume selling halo model to compete with their very own slow selling Polo GTI.

I often think how many Fabia 2 VRS I see around here in the Midlands, relatively few in the SE of England which I think may be due to badge ie people in the SE might be more badge snobs.  Personally I think a 192, maybe stretch to 200 hp, Fabia 3 VRS could sell reasonably well, perhaps change the rally team back to Skoda from VW,

Watching the WRC a few years ago, just before the Polo body was used, saw a Fabia competing completing the rally in VW markings, irked me some.  Think the might actually sell two or three time more Fabia VRSs than Polo GTIs especially if they price at £16-17K rather than getting little change from £20K.

I often think how many Fabia 2 VRS I see around here in the Midlands, relatively few in the SE of England which I think may be due to badge ie people in the SE might be more badge snobs.  Personally I think a 192, maybe stretch to 200 hp, Fabia 3 VRS could sell reasonably well, perhaps change the rally team back to Skoda from VW,

Watching the WRC a few years ago, just before the Polo body was used, saw a Fabia competing completing the rally in VW markings, irked me some.  Think the might actually sell two or three time more Fabia VRSs than Polo GTIs especially if they price at £16-17K rather than getting little change from £20K.

£16k - £17k gets you an SE L TSI 110 DSG with some toys so probably wouldn't get you a vRS...or not with DSG, anyway. Maybe the 6MT is actually truer to vRS origins, though.

Would I consider one? Yes, if you could no-cost option 16" OR 17" tyres. I really don't think that 17" wheels add anything, other than "style", to the everyday driving of the car...apart from higher tyre damage risk and cost. There again, I'm "old bones" so feel free to just dismiss that comment.

Frankly, I'm pleasantly surprised at how well my SE L gets on with it. Not terribly different to my beloved Mk 1 vRS in feel and response but seems to sit a bit higher and lacks some of low down "urgency" of the oil burner. Close on 800 miles on it now, so "Yeee haaa" day is approaching. Apologies. Rambling. Again.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

ideally the power of vrs mk2 and styling of mk3 Monte would be a sale for me, as stock the mk3 suspension is way comfy than my stock mk2 suspension. The Monte being smaller hatch does feel nicer to sit in with lower glass roof, if it could run 150bhp then tune it a little. Perfect

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

For a company who win so many wrc 2 rally's with a fabia mk3 R5 and they don't make a sporty version doesn't make any sense.   Why spend all that money on the R5 and the dealers don't have a sporty Fabia to offer 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Interesting. Mk1 vrs just gone. Now with a colour edition. Every day i think about moving to a golf gti/r, Hyundai n, Seat. The mk3 still fits in my garage so i can keep it rust free. Every car is getting bigger and bigger. Polo is what the golf used to be. But a mk3 vrs does not have to be polo gti. Surely it could have a 2.0 tsi. And it needs the after market. My vrs went stage 1 and i never regretted it. Akrapovic exhausts, remaps, suspension kits....all good. Give me 200hp. And...maybe...make it a driver's car. No cruise, front assist, parking cameras, seatbelt warnings. Give us a bit of respect. Ok. Make them options we can ask not to have. Do not make the Fabia any bigger. We can get a rapid or octavia for that. Are you listening to you huge customer base? 

12 minutes ago, acousmatron said:

Interesting. Mk1 vrs just gone. Now with a colour edition. Every day i think about moving to a golf gti/r, Hyundai n, Seat. The mk3 still fits in my garage so i can keep it rust free. Every car is getting bigger and bigger. Polo is what the golf used to be. But a mk3 vrs does not have to be polo gti. Surely it could have a 2.0 tsi. And it needs the after market. My vrs went stage 1 and i never regretted it. Akrapovic exhausts, remaps, suspension kits....all good. Give me 200hp. And...maybe...make it a driver's car. No cruise, front assist, parking cameras, seatbelt warnings. Give us a bit of respect. Ok. Make them options we can ask not to have. Do not make the Fabia any bigger. We can get a rapid or octavia for that. Are you listening to you huge customer base? 

totally agree size wise the mk3 is perfect, cars are getting bigger, car park spaces are based on fiestas from the 80's, lots of risk of damage now larger cars, toy town Lego land houses everywhere, 3 car families due to house prices, needs to be more smaller powerful basic models with optional extras if desired. I saw a tuned Lupo the other day and thought 'wow'