Fabia VRS MK3 - if it were made, would you consider buying?

Fabia VRS MK3 poll.  

211 members have voted

1. 1. If a MK3 Fabia VRS were made, would you buy it? If so, which model?

Ok, so here's an interesting concept, possibly one worth putting to Skoda.

At the moment, the VRS model is being dropped for the Fabia MK3.  Skoda management did say that if there were enough interest however, they would consider making one.

So, the question is, if there were a MK3, would you be interested?  If so, what would be on your wish list?

What if they were to drop in a TSI and TDI engine?  Realistically the new 189PS from the forthcoming Polo GTI and the existing 150PS diesel unit?  DSG and Manual options?

Opinions and replies very much welcomed.

• Like 3

That's great idea, but what engines and combinations would VW allow Skoda to have!

Mine's a TSI 220 BHP manual (4wd would be a bonus but S1 gets that I guess)

Other option going back to the old MK1 would be  TDI 184BHP manual!

• Like 1

Wait and see the next Polo GTI price when announced - North of £20k as it is now I think.

Nearly £20k for a 3 DOOR Fiesta ST and a 3 DOOR Mini Cooper S/SD PLUS cost of nice to haves

• Like 1

if they did a diesel one i think it would be a big seller

yep, they really shot themselves in the foot not offering a diesel MkII vRS considering how well the MkI sold :wall:

• Like 3

High output petrol and diesel with both dsg and manual are the only way I could see the mk3 vrs becoming a reality. I think lack of choice and people being phobic of automatic cars was a big contributor to poor sales.

Nice rally styling with practice wheel/rubber combo would be nice with dealer fit remaps/handling upgrades.

• Like 2

I couldn't agree more with Ryan above. Me and my dad spoke about this the other week. If they offer the Mk3 with a decent (140+) powered diesel with DSG as an option, we'd go straight as hell for it. 

That would of course mean us chopping in his Mk2 vRS and my Monte.

Also....

Where has it been said that they would consider making one with enough interest? Just wondering if I'd missed an article. :)

Edited by iSamage

If they made a mk3 estate vRS with a petrol 2.0T and DSG pumping out about 200bhp I'd be interested. If it came with 4WD and twin big bore growling exhaust pipes poking out the back I'd be all over that like a rash. :-)

#nevergonnahappen lol

• Like 4

Choice of decent engines and gearbox options, and most importantly the suspension/chassis to go with it. Then maybe have a proper road going rally version with 4 wheel drive etc. Love my mk2, but to compete with the americans and French it would have to be much more sophisticated than just strapping a powerful engine to a such a comparatively basic chassis.

Edited by Gumby
  • Like 2

and people being phobic of automatic cars 

I was one of those people; maybe a generation thing (I'm 50!) but I remember the days of clunky gearchanges and woeful economy. And then I drove the Mondeo Powershift and absolutely loved it. Mrs T drove the Mondeo and immediately demanded an auto which is why she now drives a Fabia vRS. I think it's ignorance; modern autos are nothing like the bad old days.

Ooo.... good question!

I've owned both mk1 and mk2 and to sum up the mk1 was an outstanding value for money fast hatch with good mpg, the mk2 is a cracking engine and gearbox that leaves me asking every time I drive it, how good could this be with a good chassis and brake setup?! #disappointed

A mk3 vrs could benefit from a couple of choice engine options, a petrol/7speed dsg - 180-200bhp and diesel/6 speed manual - 160/170bhp then a few basic boxes need ticking, firstly the vrs needs to be the clear cut flagship of the fabia range, other details like HID headlights and led lights across the board are small things that just leave you that bit disappointed with the mk2. The chassis and brakes need to be of a higher standard, a fast engine in a shopping trolley wont cut it for me next time I'm looking to part with hard earned pennies. An CUP type chassis/brake option I would spec but the basic vrs needs to be a VRS first and for most, not just a 180bhp monte carlo (no disrespect intended)

Wrighty  

• Like 3

I just can't understand the desire for diesel in a performance car... Once governments in Europe stop subsidising the dirty, polluting stuff the better. :devil:

Still, I can understand the manual option, though I have no personal desire for that 20th century dinosaur, either.  :devil:

More choices are good for business, though.  :sun:

• Like 3

I just can't understand the desire for diesel in a performance car... Once governments in Europe stop subsidising the dirty, polluting stuff the better. :devil:

Still, I can understand the manual option, though I have no personal desire for that 20th century dinosaur, either.  :devil:

More choices are good for business, though.  :sun:

The mk2 is good, but it wouldn't have taken much to make it great, I'm yet to do it but in round figures a thousand pounds sorts them out to be great, and remember that's a thousand retail pounds to replace parts, if the parts were manufacturered in bulk and fitted at the assembly line it may have cost VAG as little as 200 euro more to produce the car in the first instance but that would have paid for itself simply from the extra sales that would have been generated by it being the 'THE' hot hatch to have of its day. That in turn would roll on a natural number of mk3 buyers like me from mk1 to mk2 but if mk3 does happen, it needs to be great or I'll be off to another manufacture.

• Like 2

Choice between a petrol and diesel with manual boxes would sell well. With maybe a VRS-R model that has all the toys as standard is petrol only and is more sport focused like a CUP version over the standard Clio sport.

if it was built to be as fun as the clio 182 (full fat model) 100% would buy, but it would probably be a weekend car and you can pick up a used low mileage caterham for that money :(

The vote above may currently be in favour of a petrol auto, but considering it's only in the Fabia mk2 section that's hardly surprising.

Very good point!  Never thought of that.  Is there any way of posting this in the MK1 forum too without re-posting?  Admins?

@ISamge - I could have sworn I read somewhere that they said they like making cars like this so if there is a demand they would consider it.  Apparently the MK2 only ever really sold in the UK.  I've been searching but can't find the article.  It wasn't the Top Gear one.

@ISamge - I could have sworn I read somewhere that they said they like making cars like this so if there is a demand they would consider it.  Apparently the MK2 only ever really sold in the UK.  I've been searching but can't find the article.  It wasn't the Top Gear one.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/fabia/64262/skoda-fabia-2014-price-and-release-date

Found it!

• Like 1

I'd say they need to do as per the Octavia 3, and offer derv/petrol and manual/DSG.  IF it follows the Ibiza and go MQB, there's plenty of drivetrain options to think of and being modular should be no more difficult than adding the normal range of options.

Personally, I like a forced induction sub-1400 engine (for tax purposes as well as fuel preference) and DSG so the current one fits my bill.  Keep it 5 door though - although the Estate really is a "cake and eat it" solution.  Shame you couldn't have a towbar though (silly, I know..).

I guess knowing VAG, any 4x4 option will remain the preserve of a small Audi with the letter "S" at the front..

• Like 1

Even though you may see the Fabia Mk.III this year. My guess is don't expect a VRS model until after the Polo GTI is released onto the new platform as well. Here in Australia Skoda is imported by VW Australia and it always looks like they are trying the make sure that you buy the VW version as your first choice. Of course what VW Australia don't take into account is that some of us like to be a bit different then the rest of the crowd.

Long live the Fabia VRS (only of course if it has more power then a standard Fabia).

• Like 3