Fabia VRS MK3 - if it were made, would you consider buying?

Fabia VRS MK3 poll.  

211 members have voted

1. 1. If a MK3 Fabia VRS were made, would you buy it? If so, which model?

Going to be a sad day if the Fabia VRS is killed off. I've had 4 new Fabia VRS Diesels and 1 Twincharger which I have at the moment, and have had 2 New Monte Carlo's from which the missus drives one at moment. Come on Skoda you could end up losing loyal customers. Make the Fabia VRS Mk 3 Minimum 200 BHP Manual and DSG  :devil:  or else!!!  Hello Mr Audi S1!!

I like estates. I like my VRS estate. But as much as I would like to keep it forevers and ever's and ever's; I know this will be un-likely. I hope Skoda do make a Fabia VRS MK3. Otherwise my only option is one of those smart looking Volvo's!

Saying that though, it would make sense that Skoda make a Rapid VRS and space back VRS? And leave the Fabia to make do with the Monte Carlo flavours.

• Like 2

Hardly likely to be accurate since the car has been said to be wider and with a longer wheelbase on the shortened version of the MQB chassis.  (MQB-0 or MQB-A)

MBQ-SVQ Dr Winfried Vahland, Skoda CEO called it.

It is a new model which would be expected to have a 7 year production,

not that the old platform would make much difference,

the Audi S1 has just been given AWD, Multi Link Suspension and adjustable dampers.

They are Porkers though, like the Polo is, so hardly what you would put economic engines into 

for production to run to 2022.

http://themotorreport.com.au/58438/skoda-cornfirms-fabia-for-2015-teases-possible-suv-debut

This Article is the Source for the one linked in post #53

http://caradvice.co.uk/284270/skoda-fabia-next-generation-model-details-begin-to-firm

george

Hardly likely to be accurate since the car has been said to be wider and with a longer wheelbase on the shortened version of the MQB chassis.  (MQB-0 or MQB-A)

MBQ-SVQ Dr Winfried Vahland, Skoda CEO called it.

It is a new model which would be expected to have a 7 year production,

not that the old platform would make much difference,

the Audi S1 has just been given AWD, Multi Link Suspension and adjustable dampers.

They are Porkers though, like the Polo is, so hardly what you would put economic engines into 

for production to run to 2022.

http://themotorreport.com.au/58438/skoda-cornfirms-fabia-for-2015-teases-possible-suv-debut

This Article is the Source for the one linked in post #53

http://caradvice.co.uk/284270/skoda-fabia-next-generation-model-details-begin-to-firm

george

All seems very confused.

Whilst the current chasis is pretty poor compared to many in the sector the engine and the gearbox are great and is my usual starting place to choosing a car.

With my left knee being cattle trucked and doing 40K miles a year the Fabia 2 VRS is ideal in many ways.

If the chasis did not change much but the value was good, bought this one for £15K-ish, but the MPG, safety and features ie bluetooth phone connection as standard improved, then I would be happy.

The problem could be is that the Korean manufacturers are coming up fast and in some case passing the VAG offering. 

Bought the lad a little Chevy Spark and amazed how good it is and you can pick then up for £6.5K and the next very will be awesome like the i10/20 is etc.  They are just not hot but then that might change as Hyundai get more rally exposure and the Japanese are coming back with a bang as their currency realigns to circa 200 yen per £ from 120-ish.

• Like 1

I would certainly consider a petrol seven speed DSG Mk 3 vRS if Skoda sorted out the oil consumption problem and updated it to modern standards including:

• Five years warranty
  • Reduced road and wind noise
  • Cylinder deactivation
  • Keyless entry
  • Motorised wing mirrors
  • Better headlights and horn
  • Two rear fog lights
  • More sensibly sized wheels - e.g. 15"

I'm sure I have forgotten a few more things.

I would certainly consider a petrol seven speed DSG Mk 3 vRS if Skoda sorted out the oil consumption problem and updated it to modern standards including:

• Five years warranty
  • Cylinder deactivation
  • Keyless entry
  • Motorised wing mirrors
  • Two rear fog lights

Hope  you have voted!

• Five years warranty
  • Cylinder deactivation
  • Keyless entry
  • Motorised wing mirrors
  • Two rear fog lights

Of these points I would definitely agree with the 5 year warranty. It is somewhat pitiful that we still only get 3 years from Skoda/VAG in the UK. Apart from better headlights, the other points I would not be too bothered about. I'm fine with the wheels and accept the road noise. An improvement to the suspension and a few less rattles wouldn't go amiss.

Edited by Big Sheep
  • Like 1

Although I'm looking at getting rid of my VRS estate soon. I would jump at the chance of a 150ish tdi with a manual 'box in estate form. Start/stop for 65+ mpg and almost nil road tax and it would still be good for the traffic light gran prix. Along with all the usual high spec gagetry that should of been standard on the mk2. What about an option (or standard fit) of magnetic shocks, a nice smoothish ride when just commuting and at the touch of a button a rock solid ride to make the purists smile?

They need to go to Spec Savers though.

It gives no clue to a mk2 replacement, we know it will have a Skoda Grill.

The "Front Heavily Disguised car" is a standard Fabia MK2 body shape with Stick Back Plastic on,

& a new style Grill shape cut at the front.

there is no difference to the shape under it of wings, bonnet, chin..

http://www.caradvice.com.au/287098/2015-fabia-spied-during-testing?/fhpn1

Well yes!  That would be it.    But then the Comment below the article about looking much better is a good one.

I think it is the real deal Fabia 3, it looks a bit wider and besides we should see official photos very soon.

Hard to tell much about it other than that though, that livery is deliberately designed to distract the eyes.

Will we see the Official Pictures before the reveal in August?

It seems to be distracting some peoples eyes.

Will we see the Official Pictures before the reveal in August?

The motorshow isn't until October but I'm sure pictures will be released well before then as manufacturing starts in August.

It will be interesting to see after the little teasers of A3 look a likes and stories of MQB-A Platforms etc 

if it just turns out the Fabia MK 2 Replacement is just actually a 

Fabia Mk2 FL 2010-2014,  Fabia FL Part 2 2015 on.  

Just yet another updated PQ Platform.

'To save Money', and not up-stage an All new Polo Mk6.

to follow the Mk5 Polo FL 2014

http://autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/fabia/87107/new-skoda-fabia-spied

PS,  

RapidRonnie,

Do you get to see the new Models before public reveals, or are you on Skoda Focus panels?

http://zoominfo.com/p/Ronnie_Slater/199753979

• 2 months later...

I'd have a diesel tommorow. I had a mk 1 when they first came out. I just didn't like the mk 2 vrs, it seems many others didn't either. Skoda must have shifted loads more mk 1's, something to be learnt there surely.

• Like 1

Quite interesting that the much berated combo from the Fabia RS MKII is the one winning the poll! But I guess the key to decent sales is to give people a choice, like they do with the Octy RS... At least of gearbox if an appropriate diesel engine can't be found.

mick stowe

If you are talking MK1 vRS & MK2 then yes they will have sold loads more.

But then that was a number of years ago where people wanted Small Dirty Diesels, and they were not a cheap buy new really

but had the economy with fuel, and no restricting Euro 5 Emissions and DPF required..

As to just all the other MK1 Fabias sold in the UK vs MK2 Fabias, i doubt that mk1's outsold Mk2's but maybe someone knows the numbers.

Until this Year Fabia Mk2's outsold all other Skoda Models in the UK.

About 40% sold were Fabias in the past few years.

george

Edited by goneoffSKi

Just to add my opinion. I doubt I'll get another fabia. My vrs is right for me now, and was right for what I could achieve at the time. It's a good car but it lacks emotion and that certain something.

If I had £20k for a car a fabia vrs would be nowhere near the top of my list... I'd go down the used route and get something much better (in my criteria). I'd be tempted to look at a lotus esprit or something along those lines. I rarely use anything but two seats in the Fab anyway.

Why couldn't skoda use the next fabia as there hybrid option and use the upcoming golf gt/e set up battery pack with small petrol engine combined am sure was quoted as @200bhp but massive mpg very different Vrs just like the Mk1 diesel hot hatch!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Rumours from the Czech Republic say a Fabia3 RS is planned, with a 1.4TSI manual, but whether it goes into production will depend on negotiations of this models lifecycle.

Originally it was planned the Fabia 3 would only last 5 years until 2019 and then be replaced, but Skoda want to lengthen this by one or two years which would then make this model viable for them.

• Like 1

Just viewed the Audi website /used section on S1 .

Immediately thought if only the Fabia mk3 had the opportunity to fit the same parts from the VAG bin, what a package a 5 door mk3 would be at the correct selling price and suspension tweeks etc..

Also give the option of dsg or manual.

Audi have made the reverse mistake to Skoda (Fabia mk2) by only selling in manual form.

If Skoda don't want to use the now tainted vRS model ,what should they call it?

By the way the mk3 Fabia is a much better looker than the S1 so it would be a win-win for the punters.

Would be interesting to know the selling stats take up for the S1 currently, as it's pitched in a very competitive price/performance sector. 

Edited by vrskeith