Fabia VRS MK3 - if it were made, would you consider buying?

Fabia VRS MK3 poll.  

211 members have voted

1. 1. If a MK3 Fabia VRS were made, would you buy it? If so, which model?

Could some clever computer bod, bring together a photo of a S1 and the best latest photo of a Fabia mk3 side by side and of similar colour. 

Check the audi website S1/ used for colour - say a blue

Thanks much appreciated.

A1 rather than S1, but two peas in a pod :)

Skoda_Fabia_2015_III_nova_provoz_dalsi_0

02_audi2_a1_lb15072010.jpg

Rapid Ronnie,

please add the now announced Polo GTI 1.8 photo to this then if you can.

See Autocar article mentioned above. 

Thanks.

Edited by vrskeith

Takes the **** that VW get the kit when the Fabia RS sold more than the Polo.

Bet that Polo will be north of £20k though.

Totally agree!!

Same with the Rally car- Skoda did all the early hard work - now VW taking the glory!!

Edited by vrskeith

I would definitely be up for buying a fast skoda fabia rs - to be honest i think the current fabia looks strange - particularly the estate. I love the new look though - a real shame they aren't giving it a vrs. I'm still hoping the best engine can get under 10 seconds though 0-60. That would still appeal.

I would definitely be up for buying a fast skoda fabia rs - to be honest i think the current fabia looks strange - particularly the estate. I love the new look though - a real shame they aren't giving it a vrs. I'm still hoping the best engine can get under 10 seconds though 0-60. That would still appeal.

The Polo with the 110PS 1.2TSI does it in 9.3. Fabia should be the same or better.

It would be very frustrating if there were no vRS version given that the new Fabia looks better and apparently handles better than the old one too.

The Polo with the 110PS 1.2TSI does it in 9.3. Fabia should be the same or better.

It would be very frustrating if there were no vRS version given that the new Fabia looks better and apparently handles better than the old one too.

Thanks - that's what I was hoping for - sub 10 seconds 0-60 would appeal. I'd still rather have a proper fast version vrs though.

Well it won't let me poll for some reason. However what made the Mk1 so special was it was a bargain and unique with an effortlessly torquey Diesel and decent economy. Even so it was only popular here. For some reason it did not do well in mainland Europe where they are even more into heavy oil than us thanks to lower prices. Most Octy VRS I see seem to be derv so if I was in the product dept I would admit the mistake of the MK2 (expensive, unreliable complicated powertrain) and go back to the original formula. The 140 bhp 2.0 TDI or the 1.6 boosted to about same figure / 230 ft ib of torque (if the 2.0 doesn't fit) and priced agressively at £14.5k. If the forgot the greed and aggressive pricing and did this I reckon it would sell but maybe people have moved on.

• Like 1

I can't seem to register my vote - it keeps on telling me I am 'not allowed' !?

Anyway, clearly I'd vote "TDI Manual" given that my manual diesel Fabia vRS MK1 is still going strong at 217,000+ miles now.

An amazingly simple design, without highly stressed engines that cruises all day still turning in 55MPG on average and I don't drive it like a grannie either.

I cannot complain, and as a result of my great experience, I know that at least 10-other people have bought Skoda's, many from my dealership too.

Has anyone seen the WhatCar? "First view" video?

Enjoy.

• Like 1

The 140 bhp 2.0 TDI or the 1.6 boosted to about same figure / 230 ft ib of torque (if the 2.0 doesn't fit) and priced agressively at £14.5k. If the forgot the greed and aggressive pricing and did this I reckon it would sell but maybe people have moved on.

Firstly, there's just no way they would put an engine as heavy as the 2.0 into the Fabia. It would be totally crazy to load a small and light car with a heavy engine, not to mention the incredibly negative effect it would have on the handling.

Secondly, I'm afraid you are totally unrealistic to think a performance version of the Fabia would be as cheap as you want. Why would they do that? Skoda is a business and wants to make as much money as they can while still offering cars at a more competitive price than VW for similar spec. But £14k for a car of this spec would be simply giving them away. I don't want to be rude, but it is just incredibly naive to suggest a price at this level, and also to think that a higher price would be greed.

• Like 1

Firstly, there's just no way they would put an engine as heavy as the 2.0 into the Fabia. It would be totally crazy to load a small and light car with a heavy engine, not to mention the incredibly negative effect it would have on the handling.

Secondly, I'm afraid you are totally unrealistic to think a performance version of the Fabia would be as cheap as you want. Why would they do that? Skoda is a business and wants to make as much money as they can while still offering cars at a more competitive price than VW for similar spec. But £14k for a car of this spec would be simply giving them away. I don't want to be rude, but it is just incredibly naive to suggest a price at this level, and also to think that a higher price would be greed.

Why not 2.0 TDi weight is not an excuse?

Nice small car ;) but the engines suck :thumbdown:

My Plans to change the car in 2015 to a smaller faster :) , I thought that Skoda will release something with the 2.0 TDI 140 HP, 

1.4 TDi price is very high (SE 1.4 TDI 105PS L - £ 16,840.00) For a comparison I with Seat Ibiza FR 2.0 TDi 140 HP costs £ 17,635

the price difference is only £795

Edited by piotrl

I would consider one if they had a good engine/gearbox combo.

Either a Decent Petrol lump (no silly oil burning 1.4 petrol) like the 1.8T, or the 2.0TDI but it has to go through a manual box.

The Beauty of Skoda & SEAT is.  if Skoda do not produce the Engine / Gearbox combination you want and SEAT do,

then you can buy the SEAT.

You might get a Bargain, a car actually with better build quality, and if it is a keeper you need not worry about depreciation.

Skoda are releasing a 3rd Generation All New Fabia to last in production for 7 years or so with Euro 6 engines from VW that are already in the MK5 Polo FL,

so way would they step back to bigger Diesels or Petrols.

Well maybe with one exception,

the 1.8 TSI 141 kW engine in the '3rd Generation All New Fabia',  sometime in the near future if they go Rallying using the All New Fabia body shape.

No point having a Motor Sport Heritage and cashing in using the Monte Carlo name with a Model with engines with a Maximum of 

108 bhp.

Looks and Show but no real go is a bit of an embarrassment surely for the Skoda Factory Engineer and Designers just because the VWG Corporation Management says that is all they can get.

I see the new Entry Level VW Scirocco is the 1.4 TSI 125.  

a 1.4 Turbo with 125 ps , with a Manual box at £20,500 ish.

Skoda could obvious build and sell a All New Skoda Fabia with that set up and for £3,000 less.

But then thats not going to be to VW's plans is it!

• Like 1