Air filter

Hyphons

How about an electronic sound generator and speakers. Make a noise like a V8?

Sorry but nothing sounds better than the lil 3 cylinder unit in the citigo.

Lol

• Like 4

How about an electronic sound generator and speakers. Make a noise like a V8?

Sorry but nothing sounds better than the lil 3 cylinder unit in the citigo.

Lol

• 3 weeks later...

I use the Ramair one, makes a huge difference when driving. When parked, revving doesn't make much difference. But driving with the Ramair in makes the car significantly louder, and you get real induction noise. As long as you're not looking for increased performance (which you're not, as you've said - which is good, 'cause you don't get any! :D ) then I'd recommend it! I'll try post a before and after video this week if I can! But nothing can do it any justice until you've tried it! It's fantastic. Also, takes less than a minute to fit.

Is this the one you have if you dont mind me asking?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Induction-Kit-For-VW-UP-Seat-Mii-Skoda-Citigo-RAMAIR-Foam-Air-Filter-Intake-/351190433930

Yes that's the one. Conveniently, I even took a photo of it today at a meet, so you can see how it is in the engine bay.

:

20035448175_e29ca6172b_b.jpg

Sounds like a good idea so might have to try, don't some Renaults have them?

The new Polo GTI kinda has this, if you buy the sport pack with DCC. Putting it in sport mode pumps the engine noise from under the bonnet into the cabin, for extra yobbishness sportiness and class... just saying :D

Edited by Camlep

What does the filter sound like?

While sitting still and revving? No different from standard.

But for some reason when on the move it is savage. A serious noise increase. Enough that a little bit of acceleration, and people turn round at the other end of the street to see what's making the noise (probably not expecting a citigo!)

No video can do it justice until it's fitted. It's a huge difference, makes it lots of fun, even if it makes you more inclined to be throttle happy... But hey-ho!

• Like 1

Yes that's the one. Conveniently, I even took a photo of it today at a meet, so you can see how it is in the engine bay.

:

20035448175_e29ca6172b_b.jpg

The new Polo GTI kinda has this, if you buy the sport pack with DCC. Putting it in sport mode pumps the engine noise from under the bonnet into the cabin, for extra yobbishness sportiness and class... just saying :D

Looks great, doesn't stick out loads so looks tidy next to the engine. I just ordered one today can't wait for it to come. Out of curiosity have you declared it on your insurance,I know a few people who have them but havnt declared it.

Looks great, doesn't stick out loads so looks tidy next to the engine. I just ordered one today can't wait for it to come. Out of curiosity have you declared it on your insurance,I know a few people who have them but havnt declared it.

It's not in your face, which is good. It'll be the easiest thing you'll ever install, I've had more hassle changing my car mats... :D

Yea, it's declared. My insurer at the time charged me £35 extra for the year, plus an admin fee. It was included in my new insurance quote when I changed insurer, so not sure how much it changed it by. I know a lot of people don't declare them. The whole 'it's only an air filter' thing. I declared it for peace of mind! :)

• Like 1

It's not in your face, which is good. It'll be the easiest thing you'll ever install, I've had more hassle changing my car mats... :D

Yea, it's declared. My insurer at the time charged me £35 extra for the year, plus an admin fee. It was included in my new insurance quote when I changed insurer, so not sure how much it changed it by. I know a lot of people don't declare them. The whole 'it's only an air filter' thing. I declared it for peace of mind! :)

Technically it isn't an air intake change at all, its a induction kit, you have changed the intake pipe and modified the OEM filter box, did the right thing to declare it

• Like 1

Aw that's great to here, thanks for your help!!

Yeah personally I don't think it's worth the risk not of not declaring it.

• Like 1

Agreed. £35 is nothing in the grand scheme of things! But let us know what you think of it.

Also, look forward to you having a cold start with it on. Prepare for your car to sound like a muscle car! :D