Black 3.6 V6 Estate

guyblue10

That's great! A friend of mine said I should de chrome it i thought you having a laugh!? Looks good, I think I'd miss the chrome bits.

Did the pipes increase power at all? :)

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Tapatalk

Sounds very nice indeed :thumbup:

Honest question, how do you find the ride now? comfort-wise I mean

I really want to lower mine, but I love the comfortable ride and don't want to spoil it for the sake of looks

I also like the chrome on mine, and wouldn't want to black everything out, but fair play to you for doing it if thats your thing

I was thinking along those lines with the gel badge overlay, might have to copy you on that if thats ok

One last thing, any chance of a vid clip of the sound from outside the car too  :rock:

Hi

I think both the quoted 260 and rolling road 274 are at the flywheel, not the road.

The ride, I think, is much better - I would have described it as "wallowy" before, but all that has gone away.  It handles much better, you can take more speed into orners etc etc...it's not for everyone!! You do feel every bump now. I think it depends what you've come from and what you like in a car - my car history has more sports cars in it than wallowy estates, so I'm happy with it 

Feel free to copy the gel dome - I think I ordered 42mm diameter - which leaves a small bit of chrome at the outside of the dome (see pic) - you might want to try 43mm if you want to loose it all - have a measure of yours

Exhausts - I did find 2 "off the shelf" exhausts for the car on youtube - both from Germany, from memory one was 1000 euro, and the other about 3000....the JP alternative was much more cost effective and gives the same effect.  Recording from outside car soon

Gold?....I like your style....maybe a GT40 style double stripe right up he centre line of the car....?

• Like 2

Gold?....I like your style....maybe a GT40 style double stripe right up he centre line of the car....?

Yeah, some gold calipers would stand out nicely, I was thinking of a copper theme on mine. 

• 2 weeks later...

Here you go

IMG_0980_zpsef389c91.jpg

IMG_0982_zps3e2592d1.jpg

The ebay seller does any image that you send him - and you can specify the size - I think this was 42mm, and you can just see a little bit of the original silver round the edge - stick it on whilst fanning it with a hair dryer for 30 seconds and it moulds itself to the original domed badge shape

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...