'service campaign' DQ200 DSG Oil Change,ECU update, Fabias in UK.

Just left mine in to be serviced, I asked the lady on the service desk if this would be done. She sounded a bit surprised I knew about it but told me that it had been checked and my car will be having it done free of charge. 

Mine is a early 2011 with CAVE replacement engine. 

There is not a Service Schedule for Oil Changes of a DQ200 7 Speed Twin Dry Clutch Gearbox.

It is just Skoda / VW doing this Preventative change from Synthetic Oil to Mineral, & the DSG ECU Update by a 'Service Campaign'..

So it is Free, it is their Design or Manufacturing Fault.

Even if a Car is out of Warranty now, they knew there were problems when they were still Producing the DSG, putting in Synthetic,

fitting them to cars and selling to the Public. so they are liable for Failures & any Expenses right into the Future,

They did the Recall in the Far East, Asia and the US, & gave the Extended Warranty, because the Government & the Buying Public

made sure they did.

If a DQ200 DSG now requires a Service Schedule for Oil Changes of Mineral Oil at Mileages or Periods of Time,

Then Skoda / VW need to say,

& they will be paying for the life of the car, because buyers bought a Vehicle that did not Require the Oil Changing.

Checks were being done in New Zealand but also the Mechatronics Control Unit was being replaced.

So did they find these were all OK, so no need to do the same in the UK /EU,

and it is just a Fuse that is the Issue.

(There are plenty of DSG that have had Mechatronic Control Problems, and had them replaced.)

http://skoda.co.nz/news/dsg-service-campaign

Edited by goneoffSKi

Hello Folks

Got my call up papers for my Yeti and have had the oil change job done by my local dealer as advised.

But I am puzzled why does changing the gearbox oil take 3 hours!

And surely the main area where electrics hit oil is in the mechatronics unit? Which has its own oil supply.

In other countries recalls the mechatronics unit has been replaced in many cases.

So If indeed the gearbox itself oil has been replaced where is the electrical involvement?

Does the gearbox have filler and drain plugs ?

What type of oil is it and does it need changing in the future?

My dealer can't or won't tell me!!

Any ideas welcome.

John

Members on here will advise you.

But why not send questions via e-mail to Skoda UK CS and get your answers in writing from their tech department.

I've had my gearbox oil replaced too. The Skoda garage did it when they replaced the clutch packs under warranty. I even got a 9 page technical document that has a step by step guide on how to perform the change.

15155292375_a799527827.jpg

14968726077_2da6ee7f9c.jpg

• Like 1

Great stuff, cheers.

Did they put a New Sticker in the Boot (Spare wheel well.)  beside the one already there from the Factory?.

I haven't checked to be honest. Will have a look when I've next got all my cleaning gear out of it.

For anyone that's had it done and doesn't quite know where it is. Here a pic from the tech guide.

14968927128_5674f5deab.jpg

• Like 1

The Main Factory Build Information Sticker is there.  (It is in the Service Book, but that can get lost.)

Build, all Specs and Factory Options, Colour Code etc.

So the DSG Service Campaign Sticker should be safe in the Boot.

& Any Sticker such as when the Engine & Engine Number has Changed, should also go there.

Edited by goneoffSKi

Do any CAVE engined gearbox oil change/ECU update owners have an issue with the update.  The gearbox has now become lazy, holding onto gears longer?? This equates to the car going around corners in such a high gear it needs to drop 2/3 cogs before it picks up.  The way the car changes gear upon kickdown has changed and it feels like the car accelerates slower. Makes me wish i'd NOT done the 'recall'...   :notme: 

• Like 1

Do any CAVE engined gearbox oil change/ECU update owners have an issue with the update.  The gearbox has now become lazy, holding onto gears longer?? This equates to the car going around corners in such a high gear it needs to drop 2/3 cogs before it picks up.  The way the car changes gear upon kickdown has changed and it feels like the car accelerates slower. Makes me wish i'd NOT done the 'recall'...   :notme:

I've not noticed any significant changes in the way it behaves, other than the changes are now smoother (and a little quicker) which I've put down to the software update and the associated clutch bite relearn which I'd been meaning to force with my VCDS.

On roads I know, I've regularly use the left paddle to get it into a gear for the exit and then on exit I hold the right paddle to force it back into auto.  When I'm feeling ultra lazy I don't bother and the post campaign behaviour is much the same as before.

• 6 months later...

Has anyone that had the Service Campaign on a DSG noticed any difference for the worse or for the better.

Has everyone that might need the Service Campaign Field Action carried out been informed by VW or Skoda ?

Newbie here - thinking of buying a used Fabia II, and fancying an automatic. Friend of a friend who is a mechanic says vw/skoda are very reliable. However I'm confused about the DSG problem that figures on this thread and elsewhere. 

I know nothing about cars and can't afford to buy a lemon, so for safety's sake plan to buy from a Skoda dealer.  Can I assume that whatever is needed to be done to the gearbox will have been done?  If I ask about the issue can I believe the salesman?  Have seen 2010, 2012 and 2013 models that are sort of in my price bracket.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else had the Service Campaign done,

been told they do not require it done,

had any improvement or issues once it was done.

?

Have Skoda UK ever been back in touch to see that all is well after having had the Mechatronics Control Unit Checked,

the Synthetic Oil changed for Mineral & a Update of the Software for the DSG?

http://autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/vw-uk-why-we-dont-need-dsg-recall

VW / Skoda / Audi / Seat.

Should make a press release.

'We have started a Service Campaign in the UK'

Edited by goneoffSKi

When this campaign first came out I contacted my local dealer and they said they were unable to tell me if it needed it done or not as they were not allowed to check the system as it looked like they were touting for business

I might call a different dealer later when I get 5 minutes to see if they can check for me, is there any way I can check (not read the whole of this thread through)

Skoda UK Customer Services.

08457 745 745 

David Allen

Head of Customer Quality and Network Development

Skoda UK

Yeomans Drive

Blakelands

Milton Keynes

MK14 5AN       *01908 548000*    

Tell him how Skoda UK Dealership can be unhelpful in letting you know if the car requires the Service Campaign Field Actions.

Service Campaign on DQ200 7 Speed Twin Dry Clutch gearboxes.

34F7

Release Date 2nd April 2014.    See post #104 Above. & post #91.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Post #91 has the letter that Skoda UK should have got to all Registered Keepers. The manage it with the contact details provided by the DVLA for the Emissions Recall actions, and that is not a Safety Recall. Just VW making a proper effort to contact owners/keepers.

Post #91 has the letter that Skoda UK should have got to all Registered Keepers. The manage it with the contact details provided by the DVLA for the Emissions Recall actions, and that is not a Safety Recall. Just VW making a proper effort to contact owners/keepers.

Check out the post by johntech after this, it is important, and how the Software Update was, the procedure was changed and some dealerships were not doing the Software changes correctly at first or even now.

Edited by GoneOffskiroottoot
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Bump for MrTommo, 

& there is a new service campaign.

This thread was about 34F7,

The new one that might concern others is for DSG DQ200's 2013-2015.   '34H5'.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/425419-dsg-gearbox

Edited by Awayoffski

• john999boy pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...