Best Handling mod

What's the first general consensus for the first mod to do to improve the handling? Rear anti roll bar on stock suspension or lower it first? For a fl vrs

RARB seems to be the answer from many and, although I've not done this mod, I have lowered mine (on Eibach springs and Bilstein B4's) and been very happy in the improvement in the cornering ability but also, and this is something you won't get with a RARB, the reduction in nose lift on acceleration and dive on braking.

rear arb first for sure.

next for me would be suspension - lower ride height for reduced centre of gravity, better quality dampers matched with stiffer springs.

after that, front geometry (antilift kit or adjustable ball joints).  negative camber on the front really helps turn-in. plus stiffer bushes. 

adding lightness also helps, so lighter wheels, alloy hubs, wishbones, brakes etc will also help you.

I would vote for a remap. Does magic. Stock stuff is pretty good on the car.

I had a map on the last car (had coilovers already but no other mods) and loved it BUT on this car i did all the chassis mods first and tbh i am happy to keep it on the stock map.   It may not pick-up like a mapped car but its ability to cover ground and carry speed is far and above the standard car.  it's also a much nicer balance - you don't get the feeling that the power (or torque in my case with tsi shark map) was overwhelming the chassis.

Personally i don't rate the stock suspension at all - i found it crashy and under damped and the car rolls a lot giving you understeer - no point having a map if you can't put the power to use. 

I'd just do the RARB. If you want more buy a 4x4 VAG platform (S3, cupra 280 etc) and map that. 300+bhp with bigger brakes, lower better damped suspension, and 4 wheel drive to avoid that nasty fwd torque reaction.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

I just got the RARB and spring/shock kit (H&R -50) from DPM.

Only lowered it around 20mm though instead of expected 30 - 35mm.

It may well settle/drop a bit more over the nexk week or two. Will check part numbers with Damien to make sure correct kit sent out.

It does handle a lot better, nice and smooth round corners and just glides along the motorway. Thats just normal driving speeds, not given it the beans on the backroads yet.