New 2015 Mk2 Roomster announced (now bigger & more expensive)

I might go for it - providing the new CaddyRoomster has removable rear seats and is available with petrol engine and DSG.  

CaddyRoomster will have more cargo space than current Roomster, with no threshold over which goods must be loaded.

Somehow, I doubt CaddyRoomster will have the glass roof, which I would miss immensely.

And it may be a couple of inches too long to fit my garage.

Much as I love the Yeti, it has less cargo space than the current Roomster, especially when a spare wheel is carried (essential IMO).

I have just updated my Roomster Scout to a nice, low mileage Roomster SE.  So I'll have a nice Roomy if the Caddy is unsuitable.

Incidentally, Roomster is a van with windows (Skoda Praktik).  It just doesn't look like it in a Partingoo sort of way.

Incidentally, Roomster is a van with windows (Skoda Praktik).  It just doesn't look like it in a Partingoo sort of way.

I had always been under the impression that it was the other way round, having made the Roomster they thought it would be useful as a van as well.  After all, the Praktik is simply a Roomster with tin windows and no rear seats, everything else is effectively the same.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

If the new Roomster is as big as I fear it is likely to be (with a price to match), there will not be one coming to this household!

Nor mine!

Edited by skodaiw
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It is a long time since I looked and or posted on his forum.

Why now? Well my 4YO Roomster Scout 1.2 tsi 105 failed its MOT today ; nearside front coil spring broken and I was looking to see if this had been a common Roomster problem.

However is it true that the Roomster manufacture has been discontinued and some other similar Skoda is being manufatured instead? What is that car?

I see some criticisms of the Roomster here but I for one tried out just about all manufacurer's cars that would meet my requirements, including

1. easy accces to back seats to put my then 1 to 2 yo grand-daugters in
  2. ability to carry  my windsurfing equipment inside (with rear seats out and front passenger sea down)
  3. ability to carry 2 bicycles with back seats removed.
  4. suitable for a mix of mostly short journeys and some long ones so that meant a petrol engine with good economy (mine averages 45mpg)
  5. small car that is easy for my small wife to drive

OK the Roomster is not the prettiest looking vehicle: half car, half van. But function beats form IMO.

My main and only criticism of my Roomster is that its turning circle is significantly larger than my wife's 8yo Corsa.

Edited by welshmike
  • Like 3

However is it true that the Roomster manufacture has been discontinued and some other similar Skoda is being manufatured instead? What is that car?

I

My main and only criticism of my Roomster is that its turning circle is significantly larger than my wife's 8yo Corsa.

Look at the first post on this thread please, the Roomster is being discontinued & a re-badged version of the new VW Caddy is what will have the Roomster name. Your Roomster had the large turning circle because the wheelbase (distance between the front & rear wheels) was very similar to the Octavias which is a bigger car than the Corsa