New 2015 Mk2 Roomster announced (now bigger & more expensive)

Wonder if anyone is doing Geneva this year....

..id like to but haven't got off my ass quick enough to arrange with work... possibly. That's three years on the trot Ive not made it! Poor effort!

• 2 weeks later...

So basically just confirming what I started this whole thread on back in May last year................ :clap: ...........

Ok so the production dates I found were a little early & they have put everything "back" a bit. I recon that the VW Caddy might not even see it to the UK in the "domestic" version due to very low sales, (well they are asking too much for a MPV re-fit of a commercial van, compared to others in the "basic" MPV bracket)....so the "Roomster" version which will just be a re-badge will probably do better, due to it's "history", so long as they get the price right!

However if they get the price wrong then it to will fail, I mean the Golf SV is the same wheelbase as the MKIII Octavia & has sliding seats & proper MQB platform/suspension, so better handling/NVH! 

• 3 weeks later...

There's a fair few new pics here now showing the Caddy seating with boot and tumbling seats etc:

http://www.autobild.de/bilder/neuer-vw-touran-gegen-gelifteten-vw-caddy-5694702.html#bild1

Just go past the white Touran pics and you will find them.  Or scroll from here onwards:

http://www.autobild.de/bilder/neuer-vw-touran-gegen-gelifteten-vw-caddy-5694702.html#bild9

• Like 1

Doesn't look like you can take the back seats out, though, as you can in the current Roomster.

It all depends on the price.  As it's now a van with windows, the direct competition is the Partner / Berlingo, so the price has to be competitive with them.  The old Caddy certainly wasn't.

We shall see.

• 2 weeks later...

Not seven seats either. I've been hoping the Skoda MPV would manage that.

Surely, the whole point of the Roomster is that it isn't the same size as a tank!  There are many of us who are looking for flexibility but do not need 7 seats, or the extra space they require.

As it happens, our other vehicle is a series 2 Discovery with 7 seats.  We have never used the extra seats in the 4 years we have had it.  In fact it we took them out it would give the dogs a bit more room.

With the narrow lanes we are regularly driving on, the last thing we need is something wider or longer.  If the new Roomster is as big as I fear it is likely to be (with a price to match), there will not be one coming to this household!

• Like 3

Surely, the whole point of the Roomster is that it isn't the same size as a tank!  There are many of us who are looking for flexibility but do not need 7 seats, or the extra space they require.

As it happens, our other vehicle is a series 2 Discovery with 7 seats.  We have never used the extra seats in the 4 years we have had it.  In fact it we took them out it would give the dogs a bit more room.

With the narrow lanes we are regularly driving on, the last thing we need is something wider or longer.  If the new Roomster is as big as I fear it is likely to be (with a price to match), there will not be one coming to this household!

Afraid I have to agree as well... I don't need a tank, I need a versatile vehicle...

• 1 month later...

See that the post I started this thread with is still accurate then!...........

I bet it will mean diesel engine only as the high roof will badly affect consumption, speed etc.

Decided to get a new Fabia Estate after a wally smashed my old Roomster to bits from the rear. I am enjoying the estate and it looks good but I still hanker after the completely flat floor and being able to remove the rear seats which the Roomster gave me. I do hope they make the new Roomy light enough to be easily pushed by the 1.2 turbo engine because if they do, I may well trade in the estate for one next year.

• Like 1

They may as well rename it the Partingoo!  It's a van with windows, which looses a significant part of the Roomster's appeal.

I can see it selling to people who wouldn't have bought a Roomster in the past, but how many current Roomster owners will go for it?  If it is priced the way that the Caddy has been in the past (i.e.very expensive) you might as well go for a Yeti and have done with it.  I can't see it being much cheaper than the Caddy, VW wouldn't want to loose sales that way, so it probably won't be a big seller.

Maybe it's time to find a low mileage Roomster to update to.  I don't really fancy a Caddy.

Looking at the photos on the other thread, it even has van doors!  Actually, from our point of view that could be a plus point, it makes it easier to get the dogs out in a controlled way.