P046C & P0407 Faults

Confused

Hi, I keep getting these fault codes when my 2010 Fabia 1.6.TDI 90hp is scanned on VCDS. These look like EGR codes and it looks like a need a new valve. This is expensive and I would obviously prepare a cheaper option, does anyone think it could be something else or is there something I could do short of replacing the EGR? Also my DPF has 28grams ash, does this look OK? For information, the car has done 69,000.

I would be grateful for any advice.

Hi, I keep getting these fault codes when my 2010 Fabia 1.6.TDI 90hp is scanned on VCDS. These look like EGR codes and it looks like a need a new valve. This is expensive and I would obviously prepare a cheaper option, does anyone think it could be something else or is there something I could do short of replacing the EGR? Also my DPF has 28grams ash, does this look OK? For information, the car has done 69,000.

I would be grateful for any advice.

I'm not an expert on this subject but the usual options are either clean EGR, replace it or buy a blanking kit to eliminate it preventing further issues!

I'm not an expert on this subject but the usual options are either clean EGR, replace it or buy a blanking kit to eliminate it preventing further issues!

Thanks for reply, do you know anyone who has used Wynn's EGR cleaner? Does it work?

• 4 months later...

I have the same issue on a 2010 Roomster 1.6 TDi. The Garage has quoted me 599 to replace the EGR (£280 for the valve itself) . 

Confused, Did you have any success cleaning the EGR and how difficult was the task?  I'm assuming the 1.6 Diesel engine in the Fabia and Roomster are similar, so your advice would be appreciated.