Nialls 2010 FL VRS Race Blue

Gobsheene

6 hours ago, vortex1018 said:

I'm thinking of doing the same as I have the 4 spoke wheel with the Pre FL badge and I hate it! Are you able to share the parts required?

Hey dude welcome to the forum!

Literally, I have only just fitted the wheel and the airbag and that's it. I was lucky enough to get the correct items from a friend before he sold his Mk3 on.

Buttons are not working as yet as my Steering module needs to be changed and probably my speedo clocks too to allow Maxidot, something I'm having issues finding.

But any of the new wheels and bags will just slot straight on and no airbag warnings. I was able to order the Airbag from Poland on eBay for £120 posted, The seller agreed to post outside of eBay, not adviced but provided me with a good saving so I risked it. Would certainly deal with that chap again.

10 hours ago, Gobsheene said:

Hey dude welcome to the forum!

Literally, I have only just fitted the wheel and the airbag and that's it. I was lucky enough to get the correct items from a friend before he sold his Mk3 on.

Buttons are not working as yet as my Steering module needs to be changed and probably my speedo clocks too to allow Maxidot, something I'm having issues finding.

But any of the new wheels and bags will just slot straight on and no airbag warnings. I was able to order the Airbag from Poland on eBay for £120 posted, The seller agreed to post outside of eBay, not adviced but provided me with a good saving so I risked it. Would certainly deal with that chap again.

I read somewhere on here a chap had fitted fabia buttons to another wheel onto his Octavia and it worked, but I can't find the post now. I already have maxidot so it might not have any problems. I'll let you know how I go.... Just need to find a wheel with a cover now.:)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, vortex1018 said:

I read somewhere on here a chap had fitted fabia buttons to another wheel onto his Octavia and it worked, but I can't find the post now. I already have maxidot so it might not have any problems. I'll let you know how I go.... Just need to find a wheel with a cover now.:)

Its mk2 superb or yeti buttons you need.

I did it a while ago.

To get full functionality you really need maxidot and oem phone kit fitted and its has a voice control button too.

It works without any of the above just has buttons that do nothing

• Like 1

21 hours ago, tubbytommy said:

Its mk2 superb or yeti buttons you need.

I did it a while ago.

To get full functionality you really need maxidot and oem phone kit fitted and its has a voice control button too.

It works without any of the above just has buttons that do nothing

Thanks Tommy, do you know if these will work with all steering controllers or is it a matter of if you have no controls already, it'll need to get changed?

Comparing photos online, the old buttons look like they have the same profile? Also got quoted approx 1000 pound sterling for a new steering wheel from my local dealer.

2 hours ago, vortex1018 said:

Comparing photos online, the old buttons look like they have the same profile? Also got quoted approx 1000 pound sterling for a new steering wheel from my local dealer.

*sucks in through teeth...* You can get them on eBay for a lot less than that.

The round one will be less that the flat bottom one I have here however.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-5-5 at 11:42, vortex1018 said:

http://allegro.pl/skoda-octavia-iii-superb-rs-kierownica-poduszka-i5123404696.html#thumb/1

quarter of the price from Poland

Car looks really good on the 19's!!

I too was going to swap to the Mk3 steering wheel, in fact I even bought one before I found out about having to swap the buttons over (should have researched more really) anyway I have decided to just go with a MFSW from a DSG Octy II FL. Not as nice a wheel but I can use my original airbag and it will work out cheaper in the long run. Mk 3 wheel will be for sale soon...

Anyway what short shifter did you use?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Done feck all to this recently except drive it and enjoy it.

Recently popped the Nighteye H7 LEDs into it... Must say they're a great job with no errors or BCM issues so far that I had with the HIDs.

2 years on and the pressed plates are all but ****ed. So two new plates to go on as soon as I can manage to get the car washed!

lights.png

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, bullawayo said:

Still looking good mate.

Where did you get the headlight tint film from? I'm looking for something similarly subtle.

Thanks matey :)

It was just a medium tint from a seller on eBay, I don't think it was above £4!

TBH I'd spend the extra and grab some Lamin-X its much better than cheaper tints!

On 1/12/2018 at 15:27, Gobsheene said:

Thanks matey :)

It was just a medium tint from a seller on eBay, I don't think it was above £4!

TBH I'd spend the extra and grab some Lamin-X its much better than cheaper tints!

Thanks mate. Yeah I will keep an eye on lamin-x and pick some up shortly.

How much material did you need in the end? Can you remember? Or did you just buy a metre squared or something?

Cheers.!

• 3 months later...