Nialls 2010 FL VRS Race Blue

Gobsheene

Looks spot on that does, I have exactly same car (visually) mines a tdi. But I went for 30mm h&r... Well impressed... Bet yours looks wicked on 50mm! Are you on standard shocks?

Mike

Hi Mike, very happy with them indeed! A few hundred miles onto them and they're bedding in nicely. Still on the standard shocks, they seemed fine when taken off the car if they need replaced down the line I'll probably replace like for like.

hello, is back lower then front, or it is only because of picture?

Hi Joo, no its fairly level, my drive is on a slight slope and its probably the poor light in the picture.

Once I get it a good wash I'll take some better pictures.

• 1 month later...

Added some London Colour HIDs on Boxxing day there. 

I plumped for 5000K ones. Very happy with them.

I've put a how to together for these with as many pictures as possible.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/338193-london-colour-hid-upgrade-kit-install-guide/

• 3 months later...
so I added a few bits for Dubshed,

some 19" BBS CH Reps

Blacked out the grill and lightly tinted the headlights

facelift badges

pressed plates, though none are visible here!

and a wee small aerial

also added a set of 50mm H&R Springs a while back too, think it only dropped the car 35mm however.

F9D14799-F573-4240-B571-80A077A6B872.jpg

C8F8CADD-E0E0-458D-BF27-D45DC1A75B28.jpg

2C94BA37-FC71-42A7-A6FB-144252D6A784.jpg

8ED39D39-E745-452C-872B-47539A7A7E9D.jpg

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
I toyed with the idea of selling buy I just cannot realistically afford anything else that I'd really like at the moment so i've just improved on what I have by added a few little touches to the car over the last few months. 

The car suffered with the common lacquer peel on the spoiler so had that resprayed and the grill done along with it in gloss black. Also took the time to have the wheels refurbished in BMW Ferric Grey 2 to hide the imprint of every curb in Carrickfergus from the previous owner. All done by GMG in Nutts Corner, great lads!thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

I was given a little eBay carbon fiber aerial by a mate which I fitted, but the black anodizing turned red over winter so i wrapped it in matt black vinyl to take the bad look off it. The same as this, but mine didnt say TRD

$_12.JPG

Jamesy @ Carnology, tinted the back three windows for me to protect my 4 month old from the 3 days of strong sunlight we get a year, as I abhor those stick on sun-blinds and wont have them near the car.

I added the facelift badges to the wheels and ordered some new wheel nut covers, unfortunately the locking wheel nut covers didn't fit thumbs_down.gifthumbs_down.gif

20160508_131349.jpg

20160508_131404.jpg

20160508_131427.jpg

20160508_141251.jpg

Due to have a demountable tow-bar fitted this incoming week so that we can use our new caravan, yes. I have become middle class as ****. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Gobsheene

• 3 weeks later...

VRS looks great, where about's in N'abbey are you?  I live in Jordanstown.. I have a MK1 Black VRS Octy and my wife picked up a black Yeti during the week..

Your SWMBO wouldn't have been driving this on the Shankill yesterday perchance?

Your SWMBO wouldn't have been driving this on the Shankill yesterday perchance?

It was prob my car (you can tell by the transformer badges on it), but driven by my sister in law as I have her S-class merc (auto) as I broke my elbow a few weeks back.. Dare say it needs a clean!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Finally fixed the cracked fog and sorted the eternal P2015 error on the inlet manifold along with fitting an adjustable short shifter.

Short shifter is a great little mod to make the gear changes that bit tighter, for the sake of £30 that's great value!

The P2015 error I was getting was due to the flap runner rail snapping between cylinder's 1&2, meaning that the tumble flaps were working on 3 cylinders only. So annoying. The fix; new inletmanifold, well a used one!

Car just ticked over 111K there this week too and is running great! Won't be changing for sometime I'd imagine.

Also on the lookout for some different 19"s after the ones above cracked into ****e and were useless.

Edited by Gobsheene

On 1/8/2017 at 08:27, Gobsheene said:

Todays update:

Buttons not working yet but that'll be in the pipeline!

IMG_20170107_142943.jpg

I'm thinking of doing the same as I have the 4 spoke wheel with the Pre FL badge and I hate it! Are you able to share the parts required?